Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,570 members, 7,812,842 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Bitter Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bitter Truth (513 Views)

Flashback: "The Bitter Truth About Ndigbo" By Fani Kayode / The Bitter Truth About The Igbo By Femi Fani-kayode / The Bitter Truth About The Igbo, By Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bitter Truth by confie(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
GMB, let us examine your service records. I consideryour generation a very privileged one, indeed. In 1975at d age of 33, you were appointed d MilitaryGovernor of d North-Eastern State, present dayBorno & Yobe states. In 1976 at d age of 34 youbecame d Minister for Petroleum and NaturalResources. In 1978 at d age of 36 you became dChairman of d Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC). Today d reverse is d case. Most Nigerians atage of 35 are still unemployed and still living withparents. Many are still not married. During your timeyou were already Governor at this age.One major reason for this unfortunate turn of eventsis that many elders like you have refused tovoluntarily handover d baton to d next generation. Lifeshould be a relay race where one runs his race andhands over to d next. In Nigeria many elders like youhave run their races and are still holding ontenaciously to d baton.But Sir, I have an important question here for you. Thequestion is simple, MUST YOU SERVE NIGERIA AS APRESIDENT ONLY? IS THERE NO OTHER CAPACITYYOU CAN SERVE US EXCEPT D PRESIDENCY? It isvery erroneous to imagine that you can only serveNigeria only in one capacity. During d regime of lateGeneral Sani Abacha, you accepted d appointment toserve as d Chairman of d then Petroleum Trust Fund(PTF). D general opinion was that you servedfaithfully in this capacity. Well done Sir! But younever asked Abacha to vacate office for you as yourformer subordinate in d army. Never! In fact thatwould have been a dangerous move, if not suicidal.Rather you served faithfully under your former juniorin d army. Sir, imagine if you take on another job liked Chairman of EFCC or ICPC or NDLEA. Nigeriansactually need you to serve in one of these capacitiesmuch more than they need you in d Presidency.Mere mentioning your name as Chairman of EFCCwould drive many corrupt men underground. But youwouldn’t . Either d Presidency or nothing. When areyou going to handover to d next person? It is eitheryou do it voluntarily or risk disgrace at d polls. In1983 at d age of 41, you became d Head of State.Most Nigerians in my age have not had d opportunityto serve, but we still remain committed to d Nigerianproject. You should rather be grateful to God and toNigerians for d numerous opportunities that have comeyour way to serve Nigerians. Others are begging forjust 1 opportunity to serve. Sir, you have to accept thestark reality on ground that you have served yourtime already. That is life for you. You run d race, youhandover d baton for others to run, you cannot hold onto d baton more than necessary. As a former headof State you are already a member of d Council ofState Meeting. You have every avenue to channelyour views across. You don’t necessarily have to bein a front-line role, you can serve in an advisorycapacity, that is still service. In fairness to you Sir, any of your Children, any other youth would pose a serious challenge to Jonathan morethan yourself, this is d blunt truth. It is in your bestinterest to assume your position as an elderstatesman and allow others to serve. Nigeria does notbelong to you alone. It belongs to us all.And as for GEJ or what does he call himself, if you were a noble man, you would have voluntarily stepped down as you can't guarantee security which is d utmost priority of a leader to those he is serving! I'll implore you not to make d Guinness world record for d second time on a negative note after initially being there as d most cursed president! A word is enough for d wise, I also believe you are an elder,so don't be petulant!!!copy and paste on your wall so it goes round, its high time we youth told ourselves d truth.
Re: Bitter Truth by Gmajor(m): 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
they so called leaders of tomorrow have been brainwashed into believe cheap lies n propaganda. Nawa.
Someppl dont just know when to retire

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
Who are the Youths? LOL..These melu-melu that will shout 'Sai Buhari' and 'GEJ4life' because they are given $4.
Like I said somewhere else, Neither Buhari nor GEJ can lead us to the promise land..But since we lack a better option...I'd stick with GEJ.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri And Doyin Okupe Come For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu... / Group Reports Asari Dokubo, Others To ICC / If U Are Poor And Vote PDP U Are Going To Remain Poor For Another 4 More Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.