Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings (31720 Views)

Important Things We Do On Saturdays: Share Your Activities Today / 13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by SweetyZinta(f): 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Lolsss
I really do hate that throwing bouquet stuff.

Went for a friend's wedding a long time ago, the MC called us all out and told my friend to throw the bouquet. After that, men should come pick us for a price (1000N and above). I was like, wtf!
Abeg, make I go siddon. Then he said, "see this one - continue, you won't see husband".
Lmao! kachisbarbie 4sale. Lols

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by chichi414: 2:38pm On Jan 31, 2015
Na true jeri especially dis aso abi and spearing on naira note if u go party u will understand hw we Nigerians turn naira into yeye thing
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by pretydiva(f): 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
So on point
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by orobs93(m): 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
ireneony:
undecided story for the gods

Dey go jorh u too fine
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by armadeo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
ireneony:
undecided story for the gods

Leave am make e dey talk there. Most of the people commenting on this thread don't even have a relationship status talk less if marriage.

A wedding ceremony is for you to come and share in the joy of the union not to come and chop free food. If cake and icing hungry you don't you know where they sell it?

Its not a must to buy asoebi, and any gift you receive from a wedding take it like that they didn't come there to share gifts but to celebrate a union. All those shouting matches and tin tomatoes what did you assist the family with. People who gave well didn't carry tin tomatoes home I can asuure you of that.

Its not by force to attend wedding.
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Lovechyld101(m): 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
It wouldn't be a 9ja wedding if all dix u listed is not there. So leave our list like that.

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Youngzedd(m): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
Omo see blog name.
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Temidayo9(m): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2015
[s][/s]
road16:
Nigerian weddings have become very popular in recent years due to the extravagance and lavish spendings involved. No wonder many many events planners are now scurrying into the wedding planning business to get a share of the booty.

While the rich are known for flaunting their wealth with cartons of champagne and exotic hors d'oeuvres for wedding guests, the average or middle class families also strive impress their own guests too and at the same time keep the party within the means of their pockets.

I have attended some really classy weddings, but since I don't exactly roll with the Otedolas or Dangotes of the society, I tend to find myself attending more of the 'regular' weddings (if you know what I mean).

There are some things that I have noticed in these sort of weddings which I find very distasteful, and I think they need to stop. Since we're still in the early days of 2015, I believe this is the right time to address these issue once and for all.

Below are things that we shouldn't be seeing anymore in Nigerian weddings this year:

Let's hope these trends will come to a screeching
halt as we continue into 2015[s][/s] NA YOU GET THE PIKIN(BRIDE) grin

http://msonyiegistcafe..com/2015/01/must-read-5-things-we-shouldnt-be.html
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by lesucreZA(f): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Lol.....I adored this concept...... Great thoughts of Change wink cheesy
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Harmvirus(f): 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
So on point
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by chubbypearl(f): 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
freecocoa:
If not that I was given tinned tomato, salt and candle at a wedding in Abuja last year, I wouldn't have known such happens, I was confused at first, till my date for the wedding explained it to me.

Naija weddings can be funny sha grin.
I cant stop laughing!

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by maum: 3:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
Really feel your post
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
Vince77:
And u didn't slap him?

lols.
No, I didn't.
My friend was seriously cutting eye for me to behave, because she know say I get bad character. grin

SweetyZinta:
Lmao! kachisbarbie 4sale. Lols

hahahahaha.
My dear, I just open all my big eye for the MC that day. He refuse to notice my anger...

3 Likes

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Lol Op thanks a lot reminds me of a wedding I attended years back, na salt, Maggi the groom mum share. I refused collecting oh and to think that I got them expensive gift sef undecided
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by bobostykah(m): 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
me

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Missmossy(f): 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hahaha very amusing grin

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Vince77(m): 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
dstnd:
so nah burial be my calling
There is no harm in checking trying.
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Jessevictor(m): 6:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
Superb truth,lets try and stop them

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by dstnd: 6:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
Vince77:
There is no harm in checking trying.
yeye man
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Vince77(m): 6:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
dstnd:
yeye man
tongue
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by macklef(m): 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
Lol. Indomie and tin tomatoes for wedding souvenirs. Aswear. Some people do not realize that weddings is one of the best things in life. The quality of ur souveneir adds valour to d wedding. It dosnt have to be expensive

But it definately has to be customized. Years n years it still should remind ur guests of d wedding, n d bedt thing u want them to remember is the content of the wedding.
Music,food, couples entrance, the humour of the MC, all these counts big time.

I make customized wedding souveneirs tho.

https://www.nairaland.com/1987250/import-brand-wedding-souvenirs-too

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by uchechukwum(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
Really nice thread op
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
hayoakins:
Cool list. The souvenirs distributed in Naija parties are second to none. Some even distribute matches as if it is smokers reunion party
funy

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by SenatorJames(m): 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2015
The major of the blame will be on poverty which had overridden our ideology. Even when there is money, what we have in our mind controls our thinking.

Poverty na bastard.

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Penboy: 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
when you put a family member in charge of the food and drinks, there's a very high probability it won't go round and at the end of the day they'll end up throwing food away.
true!

I can testify to this.

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by DocAdray(f): 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nice one OP, you are on point here..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mini~Chat Point: What Is Happening Right Now In Your Vicinity? / Beautiful Pictures Of Twins Celebrating Their Birthday / Benue University Fresh Graduate Who Died On Valentine's Day Buried (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.