Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings (31719 Views)

Important Things We Do On Saturdays: Share Your Activities Today / 13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Torkwase1(f): 10:22pm On Jan 31, 2015
stag:
African ladies need to stop making white gown their default wedding dress. And the men suits!

Aso-oke Iro and Buba and the guy's Agbada should do. Same as should other ethnic groups/cultures across make their traditional dresses default.

It will take a miracle to have me wear suit on my wedding day undecided

You are so right! I mean, why can't I wear my traditional attire, with correct gele, and still do the wedding in church? Why do I have to put on a clinically white, uncomfortable costume that will become practically useless after the wedding?
I hope I get to marry someone who understands my stand on this matter, so we can break the status quo and wear amazing trad to church. Still trying to figure out why the wedding must be in church. Can't the man of God pray for us during the family rites

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by yhusiee(f): 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Lolsss
I really do hate that throwing bouquet stuff.

Went for a friend's wedding a long time ago, the MC called us all out and told my friend to throw the bouquet. After that, men should come pick us for a price (1000N and above). I was like, wtf!
Abeg, make I go siddon. Then he said, "see this one - continue, you won't see husband".
Hilariousssss!!!! I am sure u will never b a part of any "bouquet catching" again. Anyyyywaaaaayyy; f**k d MC, do ur tyn gurl.
Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by MRLANNISTER(m): 12:27am On Feb 01, 2015
Bridegroom wearing gloves

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Mimicole(f): 1:13am On Feb 01, 2015
Lolssss very funny
Esp d Dj part. I attended a wedding a while ago, and when the Mc called for the bride's Dad to come dance with her(the bride), guess the song the Dj came up wt for a father and daughter dance... "ur waist, ur waist all I want is your waist" and they both started rocking oo, I looked around to see if anyone else found it odd, bt to my surprise everybody just dey dance along. kai!

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by vickilafab(f): 2:01am On Feb 05, 2015
Mimicole:
Lolssss very funny
Esp d Dj part. I attended a wedding a while ago, and when the Mc called for the bride's Dad to come dance with her(the bride), guess the song the Dj came up wt for a father and daughter dance... "ur waist, ur waist all I want is your waist" and they both started rocking oo, I looked around to see if anyone else found it odd, bt to my surprise everybody just dey dance along. kai!

shocked shocked shocked they had to go with d flow ni.. can't help cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ road16, nice writeup.. but sometimes, d size of d shared cake is a function of d budget, I personally don't subscribe to that tiny size.
for d aso-ebi, it's to make d occasion colourful and really not a do or die.. d discrimination is what should be cut out.
d most important souvenir is d one shared by d couple.. others are just..........
d mc's lack of character to d single ladies, being here n there n wack musician are caused by poor/lack of good planning. with a professional wedding planner, most of d these wud b curbed.

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by Sparklesebony: 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
I nominate this as one of the best posts on nairaland this 1st quarter.

1 Like

Re: Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings by tck2000(m): 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
hayoakins:
Cool list. The souvenirs distributed in Naija parties are second to none. Some even distribute matches as if it is smokers reunion party
lol Smokers Reunion Party!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mini~Chat Point: What Is Happening Right Now In Your Vicinity? / Beautiful Pictures Of Twins Celebrating Their Birthday / Benue University Fresh Graduate Who Died On Valentine's Day Buried (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.