Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,936 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:08 PM

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC (34074 Views)

Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration / NCCF Family House Demolished In Zamfara / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Walexsammy(m): 12:18am On Feb 07, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

Bro, this is a needless thread.
I only blame the inept mod that brought ya thread to the holy FP.
Anyone who wishes to stay in a Family House be it NCCF, RCCF, WCF, DLCF etc already is prepared to only evangelise during his/her NYSC & forget any youthful urge.
What's the privacy to be enjoyed or food to be enjoyed.
Ain't they exuberants?
Don't discourage people that want to be useful for Jesus during their NYSC.
Do u really need to do dat?, itz his opinion, and I think u should respect dat. Everyone has his/her choice to make. Personaly no matter wat, I can't stay in any family house...Reasons best known to me. Unless staying there for few days to secure an apartment for mah self

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Gptech(m): 12:40am On Feb 07, 2015
MadCow1:
politics..

If you can't stand people trying to politicise everything and clamour for positions and titles then please avoid Family house. I say so because the politics involved to become President and other positions brings out the true demons hiding behind those fake born again persona. I remember how the NCCF bus caused wahala because two guys (Papa and one senior Brother) were driving the thing like it was their personal car.

Control...

If you hate being bossed around by your fellow corper under the name of Papa or Mama backed by the Holy Ghost, then please avoid Family house as some of those people with titles tend to start thinking they are your father's and mothers for real.

Cluster phobia..

If you enjoy your space and don't like being inside a confined space with overly righteous Christians then avoid Family house like a plague. Because you would find yourself inside a small confined space with some really annoying born again self made pastor wannabes and prayer warriors who would be all up in your business, using your items like it was their constitutional right and expecting you to put up with their bullshit because you are also a christian living in thier community.

Hypocrisy...

If ever there was a place where the highest concentration of hypocrites could be found all together in one place, go to NCCF family house..

Too many rules and regulations..

If you are a free spirit who hates living under so many tight rules and regulations, then when you see NCCF family house, was a cross road go the other side.. The rules in some family houses would make you pray to live in Kirikiri maximum. Curfews, dress codes, relationship caveats, prayer time, food time, etc..

Still surprised that many of us still commit the crime of baseless generalisation, pls no harm intended. You stated all these from very likely just one or two family houses to describe all the family houses in Nigeria. Haba! Its like using ur own church to describe all the churches in the world. Like someone already stated, not all family houses are the same. The one I stayed was near perfect, trust me. We really ate fat. Infact, the variety of food was more than I have at home, we never did night vigil, it was personal and you are not allowed to disturb others with it. Yes, two husbands visited their wives at different occasions and one stayed for two days. Family house was so fun that some corpers would occasionally spend more than 200 naira just to visit and spend time. My family house was really a family house, we discussed everything good from football to PES, relationship, politics, name it. We didn't address anybody as brother this or sister that, neither was Papa seen like a demi-God or reverenced like we do to pastors.

For those complaining of hypocrites in the family house, what do you expect? Or don't you have hypocrites in every church? Family house is not for perfect people, and Papa and Mama are not better than you in anyway. Family house is a place for you to get better, no matter the title you carry. And mind you, in any gathering there is always a mixed multitude, and that includes thee family house.
Oooo hw I miss my family! Ijebu-jesa, Osun state. 2013-2014 was really great.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 07, 2015
siegfried99:
@OP, let them papa and mamas catch u cheesy cheesy grin

Too many hypocrites in Nccf though. tongue
Puhahaha..... bro u nailed it... hypocrites...
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 07, 2015
eunylondon:
Am prospective batch A 2015 corper. Of a truth, I like privacy very much n I can't imagine staying in d family house. But my question is....can one stay in d family house after camp for few days so as to enable u to search for a house Cos u hv to find where to sleep for days wen searching for a house..n am not cut out for d hotel thing. Pls I need reply....
I stayed one month in the family house before I got a room accommodation.. o girl ye.. I wasnt cut out for dose sleep 10pm things and wake up 5am things.. no privacy etc... buh It was nice though.. I learnt prayer..all night.. family prayer chain...before I left doe.. hehehe
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 07, 2015
MadCow1:
politics..

If you can't stand people trying to politicise everything and clamour for positions and titles then please avoid Family house. I say so because the politics involved to become President and other positions brings out the true demons hiding behind those fake born again persona. I remember how the NCCF bus caused wahala because two guys (Papa and one senior Brother) were driving the thing like it was their personal car.

Control...

If you hate being bossed around by your fellow corper under the name of Papa or Mama backed by the Holy Ghost, then please avoid Family house as some of those people with titles tend to start thinking they are your father's and mothers for real.

Cluster phobia..

If you enjoy your space and don't like being inside a confined space with overly righteous Christians then avoid Family house like a plague. Because you would find yourself inside a small confined space with some really annoying born again self made pastor wannabes and prayer warriors who would be all up in your business, using your items like it was their constitutional right and expecting you to put up with their bullshit because you are also a christian living in thier community.

Hypocrisy...

If ever there was a place where the highest concentration of hypocrites could be found all together in one place, go to NCCF family house..

Too many rules and regulations..

If you are a free spirit who hates living under so many tight rules and regulations, then when you see NCCF family house, was a cross road go the other side.. The rules in some family houses would make you pray to live in Kirikiri maximum. Curfews, dress codes, relationship caveats, prayer time, food time, etc..
hahaha.. prayer chain and wake up time... so annoying...
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by temmy4bee: 2:15am On Feb 07, 2015
I don't see a reason for this thread. I think it's out of reckless conclusions about matters you no next to nothing about. Who asked you what a family house looked like? Do you not have hypocrites amongst your friends and your immediate family? So what's all the cry? Many of you would have been stranded if some people have not thought of NCCF. Many are successful today because of somebody they met in the family house.

Laws and all kinds of rules govern this world. So, if you know you can't abide by them, you excuse yourself. Did anybody force you? Why paint it to prospective Corp members as if it's a dungeon. It is not and never will be in your place to do that.

To those saying you wake up by 5am. Let's see when you will wake up now when you have to go from ikorodu to Aja every morning. To those saying you will be bowing down for your fellow Corp member as Papo or Mamo. In your respective offices, don't you bow down to your bosses that are even younger than you? Hypocriteso!

To those that took this to FP,shame on you. Living in family house was one of the highest points of my life because I formed meaningful and eternal relationships.

So OP, get a life. There are better things to write about.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by jireh250: 4:19am On Feb 07, 2015
Family House is a very good place to stay...I lived there and was a Papa.
But please, if you are in courtship, don't stay there!
And let me add, I got my current job through the family house.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by tuncy(m): 5:11am On Feb 07, 2015
Martins301:
First I must admit that this thread was inspired by XtraSmooth404's thread. I seek to give all potential corp members a glimpse of the other side of the coin since the author of the other thread did not dwell on that.

Without further delay, here are some reasons why you shouldn't stay in a family house during NYSC:

1. Privacy
If you are someone who cherishes his/her privacy or if you haven't lived a hostle life before then don't consider staying in a family house. If you are also in a relationship then family house is a no no. If you certainly like others disturbing you during your sleep or reading time and if you like others misusing your stuff, then you have no problem. Go ahead and stay there.
Also, if you don't mind logding your friends or relatives in a hotel or motel when they come visiting and want to stay with you for some time, family house is just for you grin

2. Food
Your freedom to cook and eat what you want will be limited. Even if the food is bad you will also have to manage it. If you don't mind contributing money to offset family house cooking expenses and then staying away from the food then family house is just for you. grin

3. Poor Cultural Assimilation
One important essence of NYSC is to get you to undersand and assimilate the culture of the people where your are serving so as to promote unity amongst Nigerians. Staying in family house will deny you, to a large extent, of such opportunity. By residing in a family house, you restrict yourself to interacting, most times, with fellow corp members. Thus you hardly get to mix with and understand the people in your community

4. Security
This is specially for those staying in volatile and violence prone states. Staying in a family house can make you all an easy target for marauders and haters.

Other reasons abound but I have to stop here to do something else. Feel free to add or constructively criticize.

Martins

Well you know why you won't understand cos you re probably not a Christian or you are not a serious one! I hope all those you re Trying to mislead will read this!

1. I admit, family house has its disadvantages very numerous! Very very numerous!

(Using NCCF as a case study)

2. Its a house for Christian corps members only (if you re not born again, you will find it difficult)

3. It non-denominational/inter-denominational: therefore it has rules to be able to accommodate every denomination (this is what they call hypocrisy)
For instance: don't wear trousers for ladies is to accommodate both deeper life, anglican winners, redeemed.... Also in nccf u go for evangelism and ur host community mit also see trouser as something bad: and u carry the reputation of a christian corper: you preach d gospel in thesame street. That could be an hindrance like Paul taught us 'if eating meat will make my brother to fall I will rather not eat'

3. NCCF is a place where you meet people
During my service year, I stayed in FH, and my roommate is a son of a very very prominent politician in the south south. Another roommate is now in the millitary. in family house I met a lady dat open a door to my business and within a month a had access to over a 100k. My business logo and graphics work was done for free by some in FH. I helped a friend in family house to secure a job with a multinational- she earns over 200k just less dan a year ago

4. If u can leave in family house, you can leave anywhere: it teaches u tolerance, self control long suffering, love patience which is a fruit of the spirit.

5. For many that got born again on campus: family house is a place to keep the fire and fervor in the things of God!

6. I'm currently taking a masters course somewhere in nig: and my papa(state papa) has been here to visit over 5times) we are in dsame state but diff town! He even brought foodstuff for me in december.

7. I met a Dr in family house and wen I had an issue he was just a ping away!

8. Its economical, wen u re broke, you see people to help! U can live in FH without a kobo for a month and survive!

9. The food will not always suit ur taste: then eat out when u can!

Thank God I stayed in FH, I will stay again if I have opportunity to!

What many people hammer on is privacy: I call it tolerance

Hypocrisy: not at all, its also tolerance and self control

Come to think of it, we had a special treatment with state cord

NCCF will never die!
RURAL RUGGED will never die

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:14am On Feb 07, 2015
johnshagb:
5. Your chances of knacking akpako is greatly reduced
There are hypocrites even among the excos. So your point doesn't hold water.
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by horladmejy(m): 8:56am On Feb 07, 2015
What of we that will finish our final year exam around 1st week of April...can we still meet up for the batch A 2015 service for may?
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by chichomchin(m): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2015
singing.......
papa we thank u ,
for what u have done
we remove headresses oo
ajuwaya praise d lord

i too love dis song

proudly nccf,but where i served had no nccf logde but we were still rugged

rural rugged will never die

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by chichomchin(m): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2015
singing.......
papa we thank u ,
for what u have done
we remove headresses oo
ajuwaya praise d lord

i too love dis song

proudly nccf,but where i served had no nccf logde but we were still rugged

rural rugged will never die

u never chi chom chin....

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
tuncy:

Well you know why you won't understand cos you re probably not a Christian or you are not a serious one! I hope all those you re Trying to mislead will read this!

1. I admit, family house has its disadvantages very numerous! Very very numerous!

(Using NCCF as a case study)

2. Its a house for Christian corps members only (if you re not born again, you will find it difficult)

3. It non-denominational/inter-denominational: therefore it has rules to be able to accommodate every denomination (this is what they call hypocrisy)
For instance: don't wear trousers for ladies is to accommodate both deeper life, anglican winners, redeemed.... Also in nccf u go for evangelism and ur host community mit also see trouser as something bad: and u carry the reputation of a christian corper: you preach d gospel in thesame street. That could be an hindrance like Paul taught us 'if eating meat will make my brother to fall I will rather not eat'

3. NCCF is a place where you meet people
During my service year, I stayed in FH, and my roommate is a son of a very very prominent politician in the south south. Another roommate is now in the millitary. in family house I met a lady dat open a door to my business and within a month a had access to over a 100k. My business logo and graphics work was done for free by some in FH. I helped a friend in family house to secure a job with a multinational- she earns over 200k just less dan a year ago

4. If u can leave in family house, you can leave anywhere: it teaches u tolerance, self control long suffering, love patience which is a fruit of the spirit.

5. For many that got born again on campus: family house is a place to keep the fire and fervor in the things of God!

6. I'm currently taking a masters course somewhere in nig: and my papa(state papa) has been here to visit over 5times) we are in dsame state but diff town! He even brought foodstuff for me in december.

7. I met a Dr in family house and wen I had an issue he was just a ping away!

8. Its economical, wen u re broke, you see people to help! U can live in FH without a kobo for a month and survive!

9. The food will not always suit ur taste: then eat out when u can!

Thank God I stayed in FH, I will stay again if I have opportunity to!

What many people hammer on is privacy: I call it tolerance

Hypocrisy: not at all, its also tolerance and self control

Come to think of it, we had a special treatment with state cord

NCCF will never die!
RURAL RUGGED will never die

Oga did you see anywhere I asked anyone not to stay in family house? I wrote the piece to give people a balanced perception of the consequence of staying there in response to the other thread. Please don't misquote or judge me out of context.
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by An0nimus: 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
I thought of creating this thread too Martins301 tongue

Some of the perks of staying in family house can be gotten staying outside family house if you're a dedicated and very active member of the fellowship. I see folks talking about contacts they made and what nots.

Another misconception I'll like to point out is staying in the family house doesn't make one holier than those staying outside. The popular understanding on this thread is those staying out do so because of their 'funny' lifestyles. True to an extent but not in all cases.

Also, Depending on location the family house might not be better off economically speaking. For example, I served in a place where I was given free accommodation just behind school, money for water when I needed. Family house was a bit distant from and would involve taking bikes which wasn't safe and involved money. Food was relatively ok so my 19k alone was more than enough to feed a brother and get other essentials.

Another take on privacy. I feel you plan better when you're alone and the service year is a good time to do that. Staying with a roomie is enough distraction talk more of roomies. I'm aware that some of us like the warmth and 'corporate anointing' that comes with staying in the family house.

All in all, it's always good to hear both sides of a story. In the end, we all have our choices to make. To each his own.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
An0nimus:
I thought of creating this thread too Martins301 tongue

Some of the perks of staying in family house can be gotten staying outside family house if you're a dedicated and very active member of the fellowship. I see folks talking about contacts they made and what nots.

Another misconception I'll like to point out is staying in the family house doesn't make one holier than those staying outside. The popular understanding on this thread is those staying out do so because of their 'funny' lifestyles. True to an extent but not in all cases.

Also, Depending on location the family house might not be better off economically speaking. For example, I served in a place where I was given free accommodation just behind school, money for water when I needed. Family house was a bit distant from and would involve taking bikes which wasn't safe and involved money. Food was relatively ok so my 19k alone was more than enough to feed a brother and get other essentials.

Another take on privacy. I feel you plan better when you're alone and the service year is a good time to do that. Staying with a roomie is enough distraction talk more of roomies. I'm aware that some of us like the warmth and 'corporate anointing' that comes with staying in the family house.

All in all, it's always good to hear both sides of a story. In the end, we all have our choices to make. To each his own.

Thank you my brother.
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by divalindiway(f): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
my problem wit family house apart from d food aspect (cos i like my recipe n cooking)) is dat t most people in family house live fake lives.It s like d family house is a 'perfect'' place. you wud b amazed at d kind of life this same people live outside d family house.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 1:26am On Feb 08, 2015
Good morning this morning... grin
The pros and cons have been stated crystal 'clearly', the choice is yours to make @Prospective Otondos.
@ Martins301, I sight you bro. Good job cool
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Dunamis009: 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Odunharry(m): 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
Specialist900:
Family house? I no fit stay o, the few days I stayed when I went to visit a friend just reminded me of the camp days. Waking up early at 4.30am and light out
lol..bad nigga
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Specialist900(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
Odunharry:

lol..bad nigga
No be bad nigga, na say i like freedom. I no dey do well with do(s) and don't(s)
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Odunharry(m): 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
Specialist900:
No be bad nigga, na say i like freedom. I no dey do well with do(s) and don't(s)
i inderatand you..im at the family house for now...the place is nice, love the people here too..

we are one family
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Specialist900(m): 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
Odunharry:

i inderatand you..im at the family house for now...the place is nice, love the people here too..

we are one family
enjoy o. Another major challenge i get with family house na say no afternoon food.
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Odunharry(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Specialist900:
enjoy o. Another major challenge i get with family house na say no afternoon food.
true....na person go find food for himself
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Specialist900(m): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
Odunharry:

true....na person go find food for himself
me wey come like to dey bare-chested, them say you no fit dey like that enter sitting room. Na run i been run sef
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
My Experience...

Out of camp and into the streets of Abuja...I had an accomodation already planned but because of the wonderful stories of NCCF Family house, I decided to go there...

Packed my bag into the bus and off they drove...

The family house is actually located in nassarawa state and there we went...

We arrived with ever smiling faces and we were served with a big plate of rice and showered with so much attention and then they brought out the rules...

We all thought it was a joke but the Bell by 4:30am made us realise that THIS IS SERIOUS...

I did not experience much and I can't say much but seeing my fellow corps member changing in the bus and in shops along the street just made me realise that was not the place for me...

I'm Born-again and I'm still Born-again without NCCF family house....I love my Privacy and I hate HYPOCRITES...

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
Family house ! i made up my mind not to even smell there the moment a friend showed me their funny rules.grin
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Odunharry(m): 9:59am On Jul 03, 2015
keppyy:
My Experience...

Out of camp and into the streets of Abuja...I had an accomodation already planned but because of the wonderful stories of NCCF Family house, I decided to go there...

Packed my bag into the bus and off they drove...

The family house is actually located in nassarawa state and there we went...

We arrived with ever smiling faces and we were served with a big plate of rice and showered with so much attention and then they brought out the rules...

We all thought it was a joke but the Bell by 4:30am made us realise that THIS IS SERIOUS...

I did not experience much and I can't say much but seeing my fellow corps member changing in the bus and in shops along the street just made me realise that was not the place for me...

I'm Born-again and I'm still Born-again without NCCF family house....I love my Privacy and I hate HYPOCRITES...
lol at packed my bag
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by cooljude(m): 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
It is common knowledge that NCCF family house is not conduscive for those looking for freedom and fun. Well i am a catholic and i stayed in NACC (national association of catholic corpers) house for about 2 weeks and i really enjoyed my stay because the rules were not strict ( you don't have to wear trousers to the bathroom). Most people were actually real not forming holy than thou, we could go out to hang out and do lot of stuffs without one brother dictating to us as far as you didn't exceed the limit. Finally, i knew i couldn't stay there because i needed to have my privacy and the distance of my ppa to my family house was too much.
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Luchiana1(f): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2018
Be encouraged
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBNLIZKc91k watch like subscribe
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by kirkoson: 4:26am On Mar 21, 2022
Undoubtedly NCCF does a great job by opening thier doors to stranded corpers they deserve much credit for that, although staying there in the long run is not entirely free, as paying N8,000 monthly if you do the maths is enough for you to be a tenant in your own right.
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC by Deicide: 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2022
So what of Traditional worshippers where they go stay?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Certificates Acquired During NYSC / Lack Of Job: Ex-Female Corper Cries Out On Facebook After NYSC (Video) / NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.