Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (51821 Views)

Boko Haram Members Killed By Army As They Tried To Attack Soldiers From Sambisa / Boko Haram Crossing Sambisa Forest From Komala Killed Today By Army / Boko Haram's Sex Enhancing Drugs Seized By Army (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 31, 2015
It is bad that a displine, professional army is been forced to resort to writing 'open letters'. I hope the president listen to your call.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Joshkid(m): 7:35am On Jan 31, 2015
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYp18S8bedE

[size=15pt]CORRUPTION, Nigerian Army Heading Towards Rag Tag Status[/size]

Nigerian Commentators Kayode Ogundamisi and Temitope Olodo shared their
views on The Boko Harram Insurgency
No data undecided
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Afroconnect: 7:38am On Jan 31, 2015
Randerl:
Professional Soldiers Now Turning To Professional Politicians. God save us.
Quite myopic statement to make...can u force them to accept injustice,if a man feels injustice,he can never be forced to accept it,the wise thing to do is to search the matter.

Soldiers are making sacrifices for the Nation,it will set a bad precedence if we take them for granted.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by nagoma(m): 7:40am On Jan 31, 2015
sureguy02:
[b]STATE OF OPERATIONS IN THE NORTH-EAST AS OBSERVED BY SOME CONCERNED OFFICERS

. For President Goodluck Jonathan to ignore such kind of allegation made us to believe the rumor going round that he has a hand or knowledge in the so-called Boko Haram. We are also aware of how the funds meant for these operations are being looted through the office of the Chief of Training and Operations, Major General J.A.H. Ewansiha. Despite our strong [belief] in democracy, we condemn a democratic government that condones corruption, especially in its military. The President is reported to always turn a blind eye to issues of corruption. For instance, the ADC to Mr.President is presently one of the richest officers in the army. He owns properties in choice places all over the country and even abroad. We are going to make public details of his wealth and assets at the appropriate time.
6. We stand bold to state that we are speaking the minds of all the officers and soldiers in Operation Zaman Lafiya.
Concerned Officers and Soldiers of Operation Zaman Lafiya[/b]
http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/30/army-officers-write-open-letter-jonathan-urge-obama-ban-ki-moon-intervene-anti-terror-war

Serious statements , but Meanwhile

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Stepola: 7:40am On Jan 31, 2015
This is the handwork of APC. Everybody knows how he begged US to sell ammunition and they said no, even at that time he was begging the NA to approve a certain amount, they were prolonging it, GEJ was forced to go to black macket when many places were blocked to procure ammunition through SA, SA blocked it, he again begged US and US gave some conditions which is detrimental to Nigeria , Finally Russia agrees to sell weapon to Nigeria, The only route to lift the ammunition is through the Arab countries, who said Nigeria should not fly those weapons through their air space, the next option is through the see which will take a very long time, GEJ is a true leader.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by mustymatic(m): 7:41am On Jan 31, 2015
ControlX:
PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PUZZLE.... IT HAS BEEN GIVING ME HEADACHE FOR A LONG WHILE NOW.
I am an something. I am 73yrs old. I have no Certificate and I want to rule Nigeria.... What am i??
grin grin grin
GEJ TILL 2019
SULE LAMIDO 2019-2027grin
THEN GEJ 2027-ARMAGEDDONgrin
Haters go and hug your street transformers tongue
You are AN something, seriously?
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 31, 2015
What is this one saying? Open letter my foot! Open letter to GMB... Bring your Certificate!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Tymax(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2015
As usual, sycophants on nairaland will doubt the authorship of this letter.

A logical mind should wonder why one of the best land forces (in Africa) would appear so weak before a ragtag army of hastily trained rebels. Top army officers have turned this into a wealth scheme and you defenceless civilians are here singing their praise because of politics.

This is bigger than APC or any opposition. Wake up and call a spade a spade lest your blind loyalty becomes your undoing.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by princef: 7:51am On Jan 31, 2015
The northerners should shine their eyes. It's drifting there again. Remember, OBJ was to Yar'adu vs GEJ, what Tinibu + OBj is for Buhari vs Osibanjo. The LCM is South West.

Northerners Vote PDP and wait for 2019 than vote APC to expect 2023.

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by jamace(m): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2015
I can swear that this letter was not written by a group of concerned army officers. The grammatical errors, spelling errors and typographical errors exposed the fact that officers did not write this letter.

The letter talking about the wealth of the ADC to Mr president makes me wonder what the ADC has to do with the ongoing operation in the NE of Nigeria.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Oswenemete(f): 7:55am On Jan 31, 2015
what is the work of the national security adviser ,the minister of defence and joint chiefs ,most it be Gej always. will he usurp others duties too.from this letter nigerians now believe the Army is highly corrupt too .
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Forwetinnah: 7:58am On Jan 31, 2015
gringringringringrin

Since BH and their silly Northern propaganda couldn't dent GEJs image...now the APC has resorted to letter from the military. Bia...is this letter suppose to be the Certificate Buhari has been looking for? Smellos..try try try again.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by nigerbabe: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2015
The more reason GEJ should give way so GMB can step in and correct the mess caused by his very corrupt govt. what a mess
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Forwetinnah: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2015
jamace:
I can swear that this letter was not written by a group of concerned army officers. The grammatical errors, spelling errors and typographical errors exposed the fact that officers did not write this letter.

The letter talking about the wealth of the ADC to Mr president makes me wonder what the ADC has to do with the ongoing operation in the NE of Nigeria.

I can swear with you too..last minute sale to rubbish Jona, who's buying anyway?? Certainly not moi
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by nagoma(m): 8:02am On Jan 31, 2015
Stepola:
This is the handwork of APC. Everybody knows how he begged US to sell ammunition and they said no, even at that time he was begging the NA to approve a certain amount, they were prolonging it, GEJ was forced to go to black macket when many places were blocked to procure ammunition through SA, SA blocked it, he again begged US and US gave some conditions which is detrimental to Nigeria , Finally Russia agrees to sell weapon to Nigeria, The only route to lift the ammunition is through the Arab countries, who said Nigeria should not fly those weapons through their air space, the next option is through the see which will take a very long time, GEJ is a true leader.

You mean the covered up Orestijafor arms smuggling scandal?
Meanwhile

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by princeshijman(m): 8:04am On Jan 31, 2015
Lamexx:
@ControlX...you forgot the railway line that has been resuscitated after years of inaction. Maiduguri to Port Harcourt by rail will soon be commissioned. Truely GEJ is working.

On a final note, GEJ may not be the best but Buhari is simply not an option.
bros i get family for nrc....d man get very high post..dnt wanna mention so dat uhhmmm uhnmm...gudluck only bot 12new coaches n he lied he bot two thousand...dem dey always laff am dere.dats y dey refuse to go to kano frm lagos yesterdai.cus gudluck dey lie on dem.meanwhile train frm ilorin to oshogbo is 500 n for bus its 400 bros which one wil u prefer to enter.dose 12 coaches he bot are d one running only iwithin lagos n it cost 750..lol...d remainin are d old ones jst repainted..bros even with goodluck our parents stil they suffer with patience to pay house rent.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 31, 2015
kayjasper:

A fresh TANoid, welcomed oooooo.

So in the past six years. This is all your Principal can boast of?

How much is your salary?

Is it worth your future?
75,000 USD.
Are you now satisfied?
Im no surprised at your response. It is your party's patented propagandist cover up. Yimu
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by raymondinc(m): 8:09am On Jan 31, 2015
sureguy02:
[b]STATE OF OPERATIONS IN THE NORTH-EAST AS OBSERVED BY SOME CONCERNED OFFICERS

1.    We the concerned officers participating in the North East Operation Zaman Lafiya do resolve to write this letter for the following reasons:

a.     To save our country Nigeria.

b.     To stop the bloodshed of innocent officers, soldiers and civilians in the North East.

c.     To appeal to the president of the United State of America Mr. Barrack Obama, United Nation Secretary General Mr. Banki Moon and other world leaders to as quickly as important to intervene and urge President Goodluck Jonathan to do the needful in addressing the issue of insurgency in Nigeria especially in the North East.

2. As members of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, it is our responsibility to defend our country Nigeria which we are ever ready to do so as the call arises. But firstly, the civil authority has the first responsibility to equip us effectively to enable us to carry out such task. This is common practice all over the world. As professional officers and soldiers, we did not want to go public with details of our frustrations concerning this operation because doing so will boast the moral[e] of our enemy. But the persistent neglect of our plight made us to do otherwise.

3. It is well known fact that of recent, a commanding officer from this theater of operation wrote a letter to our President intimating him of a few out of numerous problems affecting us in this operation which we believe Mr. President will address. It appears Mr. President has chosen to ignore it because none of his relations are among us. In this 21st century, how can an accused [be] a judge of his own case? That letter clearly exposed the rot within the military authorities concerning this operation. This is because, the Army authority that was accused of poor administration in that letter, set up a kangaroo investigation that harass[ed], intimidate[d], and forced the officer to deny the authorship of the letter.

4. We authoritatively learned that, the Army authority succeeded in forcing the officer to deny the letter through the Provost Marshal (Army) who happen[ed] to be of the same tribe with the officer concern[ed]. For President Goodluck Jonathan to ignore such kind of allegation made us to believe the rumor going round that he has a hand or knowledge in the so-called Boko Haram. We are also aware of how the funds meant for these operations are being looted through the office of the Chief of Training and Operations, Major General J.A.H. Ewansiha. Despite our strong [belief] in democracy, we condemn a democratic government that condones corruption, especially in its military. The President is reported to always turn a blind eye to issues of corruption. For instance, the ADC to Mr.President is presently one of the richest officers in the army. He owns properties in choice places all over the country and even abroad. We are going to make public details of his wealth and assets at the appropriate time.

5. We are appealing to all well meaning Nigerians and leaders of International Community to please speak out with loud voice in [order] to make President Jonathan to constitute an independent high-powered committee to investigate the content of that letter written to him by the commanding officer. Should this request be ignored, the resultant consequence could only be imagined.

6. We stand bold to state that we are speaking the minds of all the officers and soldiers in Operation Zaman Lafiya.

Concerned Officers and Soldiers of Operation Zaman Lafiya[/b]

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/30/army-officers-write-open-letter-jonathan-urge-obama-ban-ki-moon-intervene-anti-terror-war
IBB was apparently right when he told the president (Jonathan) that the soldiers including the officers are their boys, (him and Obasanjo) now we all can see that plight behind that phrase of his but even as that whosoever responsible for all these evil deeds just to sabotage the economic and this present administration will one day pay with their lives.
God bless Nigeria! God bless His excellency, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 31, 2015
hayatou27:
God punish you for all this lies to 6000MW.
I dont return curses for curses. God will bless you through the good administration of GEJ and you will prosper abundantly through his good governance. tongue
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Forwetinnah: 8:12am On Jan 31, 2015
nigerbabe:
The more reason GEJ should give way so GMB can step in and correct the mess caused by his very corrupt govt. what a mess

Step in ko..step aside nii?? With your statement alone, any discerning person should know where this news is coming from.
At the bolded..we don't know the half of what happened during Buhari's Military regime, when Fela sang "International thief thief" who was he referring to? Alot of transactions and deals went completely unchecked when the military was ruling because people were too scared to bother, the few who dared were doing so outside Nigeria with little information. Your Mr correct - GEJS - MESS abi na Mr Intergrity stinks with corruption himself.
Same set of Generals who wrecked this country in the 1st place are still hanging around the corridors of power..doing what?? Imagine the Ancestors in APC alone
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by august9: 8:13am On Jan 31, 2015
ControlX:
Despite all this Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Really Bad? He has done well. I challenge the Buhari supporters give me 10 things Buhari has achieved for this country.
1] Goodluck Jonathan signed FOI bill that
Obasanjo
refused to sign and you join then in saying that
Goodluck is bad.
2] Goodluck approved N18,000 Minimum wage
from N7,500 Which Obasanjo refused to sign and
you say that Goodluck is bad and NYSC
allowance
from N7,500 to nearly approved N39,500, yet they
say he is bad.
3] Goodluck dualized federal roads (about
25,000km) which Obasanjo and past Govts
abandoned and you say Goodluck is bad.
4] The rail system is working now, with little
budget But Obasanjo Sunk billions of dollars
without result, other pasts leader ignored and you
say that Goodluck is bad.
5] Goodluck has been conducting free and fair
elections whereas the ones conducted under
Obasanjo are Shameful and national disgrace yet
you say Goodluck is bad.
6] Goodluck established 12 new universities, 9 in
the North to improve learning and knowledge and
increase the Jambites admission rate, yet you say
that Goodluck is bad.
7] Goodluck established the Almajiri system for
Northern abandoned street children and those
deprived of education by their own people and
you
say Goodluck is bad.
8] Goodluck has been building dams and
improving
the country's power from 2500mW to 6,000MW -
And successfully privatized the sector which
many
analyst believed is the best way to go and you
joined them say that Goodluck is bad.
9] Agriculture have been revamped and for the
first
time in Nigerian history, Food prices came down
during Christmas, instead of skyrocketing and you
say that he is a bad President.
10] 2013 and 2014 was the Christmas in Nigeria,
where Nigerian did not sleep in filling stations for
to 4 days to get Petrol or 100s of people being
roasted alive in attempts to get fuel in petrol
stations, wickedly, you joined them to say that
our
God given President is not performing.
11] Airports are wearing world class looks and
every zone have International airport and you say
Goodluck is bad.
12] This administration has employed more
people
in their 5years in office than any other in the
history of Nigeria [Via Agric, Energy sector,16
New
Car Companies, 12 New Universities, 3,826
primary
Health care Centers, Teaching Hospitals] SURE-P,
YOUWIN and you say Goodluck is bad.
Now do you think that General Muhammadu
Buhari
will perform magic, which he could not do when
he
was in his 40s, if you vote him?
What else do they want from President Goodluck
Ebele Jonathan?
APC is a party of propaganda so we all know where these demeaning reports are coming from. It all about 2015 and the fact remains that no matter their propaganda and mudslinging, BUHARI WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT... NOT NOW, NOT EVER.

THIS IS ANOTHER STUID FELLOW PAID TO PASS WRONG INFORMATION AROUND.

I LIVE IN NIGERIA, I KNOW MORE THAN 80% OF ALL YOU LISTED ABOVE IS A LIE.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 31, 2015
fidzy:

U geh sense... I go buy plenty orijin for u
Hahahaha.... lol...
Boss... na fanta mixed with agbo i dey take ooo, no be orijin. That one go finish my opon. lol
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by agabusta: 8:14am On Jan 31, 2015
attoskoly:

soldiers dont play civilian politics. this is another mutiny which am not sure its real. apc are so desperate for power without having a clue but they turn round to tag gej "clueless". military dont act like this. if they are disenchanted with the civilian adminstration, they stage a coup and assume power not writing an apc watermark letter. nonsense.

That is the same mistake Elder statesmen has maintained GEJ made that put us in this mess. Always blaming the opposition for everything! And as such, he does not take a sound well reasoned decision.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2015
fidzy:

U geh sense... I go buy plenty orijin for u
Hahahaha.... lol...
Boss... thanks ooo.... but na fanta mixed with agbo i sabi take ooo, no be orijin. I no wan wake up inside gutter. lol
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by masciv: 8:24am On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
""You don't want to go into public details of your frustrations because doing so will boost the morale of your enemy"". This guy has no chill, I guess is one of their cheap propagandas at work This One Na Love Letter

You obviously understand nothing about psychology in war and especially war against terrorism. You call it propaganda yet I doubt you've ever seen a live bullet yet alone been to the frontiers of a battle field.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Forwetinnah: 8:25am On Jan 31, 2015
Marineremmanson:
The army generals wey b members of Boko haram dey ask for ammunition wey them go corner side give their follow boko haram. u no go fit trick us unless na GEJ go give u wetin u want. we. know everything

No mind the oponus...imagine where the letter from sef. Sharia reporters??
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 31, 2015
I smell coup d'etat if this election is rigged. or if gej has to continue.

anyways, i dey pack go Cotonou.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 31, 2015
Rexyl:

Don't be a lair, all attempts to make Nigerians refugees in their father's land always start from the North in their struggle to claim power by all means and at all cost. Stop blaming Jonathan on boko haram, blame the North that started the game of terror. I think you know terrorist aim.

You pathetic louts wil not stop this played out denial. It is the north, it is APC, it is Chad it is america, it is everything except your incompetent cinc who has allowed a ragtag band of thugs to grow into a regional threat.

Every other day, we are hearing of strange happenings in Enugu. If massob takes a leaf from bh,'s script, you lot will be in the same predicament. The incompetence of gej and its manifestation in our armed forces means any thug with an agenda can scatter this country
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Sajio(m): 8:34am On Jan 31, 2015
Hmmmm.... APC @work! why using serious issuee for politics na? I know APC is not far from this Boko Haram tins..
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Uruanguy(m): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2015
Army now adays are talking about money and luxury life not about their professional training n retraining.. Is it not the same arm that u people complain about that the same bokoharam collects/steals from your barracks to fight u people? Shame to NA.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by nellyjohn: 8:43am On Jan 31, 2015
"To appeal to the president of the United State of America Mr. Barrack Obama, United Nation Secretary General Mr. Banki Moon and other world leaders to as quickly as important to intervene and urge President Goodluck Jonathan to do the needful in addressing the issue of insurgency in Nigeria especially in the North East"
Recall that when Chiboko girls were kidnapped, GEJ called on these countries for help and dey sent their soilders to rescue the students but failed to do so. Also, am sure Obama won't like to help the president again since the president refused to pass to law same sex marriage. But am sure by God's grace, GEJ will succeed
GEJ till 2019
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by thunder74(m): 8:46am On Jan 31, 2015
agabusta:
Every wise heart should know that this portends danger to the unity of this country. History will never forgive GEJ if there is a breakdown of law and order among the rank and file of the military.

Infact, this will lead to balkanization of Nigeria with different militia in control of different parts of the country and an endless war of attrition. The resultant bloodshed and confusion cannot even be imagined.

I have no reason to doubt this letter giving the rate at which soldiers are being court martialed at this time. And also due to my interaction with an army officer I gave a ride sometimes back.

I think it is time the council of state told the president the plain truth that some corrupt senior military officers needs to be punished in order to restore confidence and the morale of the rank and file.

And the issue of welfare and adequately equipping the army, especially those at the theatre of war should be giving a priority if we don't want to experience a wide spread mutiny leading to chaos and anarchy.

He that hath ears, let him hear.

I agree with you but unfortunately, these elements have the support of the 'power bloc and retired Generals" who are not happy with GEJ with his refusal to take order or instructions from them. They are the problems of Nigeria.
You will agree that Jonathan had changed Army Chiefs severally just to get results. Appointed non Hausa as NSA (Aziza Patrick) and Ihejirika as Army head. You will agree with me also that there was result that some cabal in the North Threatened to report Ihejirika to ICJ, guess you still remember Nyako's famous memo and Sultan statement that Army are reducing the population of Muslims. Buhari's statement too was not boosting the moral of the soldiers. Remember that the Security heads are all Northerners (NSA, Army Chief, IG of Police etc).
Unless BH is the creation of the Northern oligarchy, all hands must be on deck to defeat this monsters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Encourage Atiku To Pick Up His Phone And Call Buhari / Zarah Buhari Indimi At APC Women And Youth Victory Dinner / NSIP: Are They Paying Ghosts? - Ben Kalu Questions Maryam Uwais

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.