Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (886801 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
danshadrach:
Please how is the elimination process going to be? Is it that people are being eliminated on failing any stage?As in if someone fails ratrace he is sent home and will not participate in the medical tests OR everyone is allowed to participate in all exercises then the shortlist.

Please I'm just asking.
Nobody will tell u anytin either u are eliminated or not. Ya conscience will prick u once u Bleep up maybe u dont hv relevant certificate. Only Medicals will b announce so that those that are eliminated wouldnt run d Edurance race.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by buske(m): 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
pijay:

Nobody will tell u anytin either u are eliminated or not. Ya conscience will prick u once u Bleep up maybe u dont hv relevant certificate. Only Medicals will b announce so that those that are eliminated wouldnt run d Edurance race.

Please how long is the endurance race?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by passiondoh01: 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
pijay:

Oga pijay...wil height also b considered a 'medical' reason 2 b disqualified? Assuming som1 is a lil below 1.7 bt evry other criteria is complete
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Emyben(m): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2016
pijay:

Sir Pijay, how is their visual acuity test done. Is it just the chart test where u get to read charts placed at a distance?

or does it include thorough examination like using that medical eye torch to look into your pupils/eyes?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by danshadrach: 6:57am On Dec 22, 2016
danshadrach:
And Oga Pijay help me shed light on the limitation of years to serve in the NN. I heard u serve for only 10 years meaning u will be compulsorily retired as either a Lieutenant or a Lieutenant Commander. Pls is that true

Please I need clarification on this.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Mrbllymer: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2016
danshadrach:
And Oga Pijay help me shed light on the limitation of years to serve in the NN. I heard u serve for only 10 years meaning u will be compulsorily retired as either a Lieutenant or a Lieutenant Commander. Pls is that true
From what I heard it's 15 years for dssc if you don't covert... But if you do, one would retire at the normal retirement age or years of service..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Siraleeyu(m): 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2016
Goodluck to all dssc 24 aspirants...... It's been a while I check U guys.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Fesvit: 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
Siraleeyu:
Goodluck to all dssc 24 aspirants...... It's been a while I check U guys.

Thank you sir!
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by danshadrach: 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Mrbllymer:
From what I heard it's 15 years for dssc if you don't covert... But if you do, one would retire at the normal retirement age or years of service..

Sorry but what I need is not "I heard" I need certainty. Please I'm still waiting... Oga Tenderlaw, SirAleeyu, Pijay and the rest of the Sb. Lts onboard this stagnant vessel.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Jossyroyal1: 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
Thank you sir... and congrats on ur success at DSSC23... I wish to be where you are soon...
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
buske:

Please how long is the endurance race?
3.5km - 4km race
I advice u to start jogging regularly every day to b fit..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
Jossyroyal1:
Thank you sir... and congrats on ur success at DSSC23... I wish to be where you are soon...
I saw ya mail. Feel free to send
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
passiondoh01:

Oga pijay...wil height also b considered a 'medical' reason 2 b disqualified? Assuming som1 is a lil below 1.7 bt evry other criteria is complete
Remember there are other people wu are above 1.7 and every other creteria is complete too. Meaning they are more qualify than u. How will u feel if they drop those 1s nd pick u?
They are looking for every means to reduce people.
But u might b lucky cos we hv people wu are less dan 1.7 and are still in d Service..

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
danshadrach:

Sorry but what I need is not "I heard" I need certainty. Please I'm still waiting... Oga Tenderlaw, SirAleeyu, Pijay and the rest of the Sb. Lts onboard this stagnant vessel.
I dont know wat u wanna hear. But d other guy hv said it all. As a dssc(Direct Short Service Commission) in Navy u might want to convert to DRC(Direct Regular Commission). DSSC as d name imply is a DIRECT SHORT course lasting 15years.. If u didnt convert it is assume u dont want to continue in d Service again. Most Medical Hands do this.
But if u want to continue till the 35years of Service then u hv to convert. There is usually a convertion board set-up to approval Dssc officers converting to DRC. Its a normal process no Godfather is needed, u just hv to b fit datz all. After 3years of joining u are eligible for convertion board. This wouldnt stop ya promotion.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
Mrbllymer:
Nice. U are right..

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
Emyben:

Sir Pijay, how is their visual acuity test done. Is it just the chart test where u get to read charts placed at a distance?

or does it include thorough examination like using that medical eye torch to look into your pupils/eyes?
Chart Test. No thorough Examination.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 6:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
danshadrach:

10-15years. U hv different opportunity to convert. Only if u wish not to convert that u will b retire. Convertion board is not sumtin u should b scare of. No Oga at d top is needed.
If u meet d requirement u will b converted.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Tboy243: 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
pijay:

I dont know wat u wanna hear. But d other guy hv said it all. As a dssc(Direct Short Service Commission) in Navy u might want to convert to DRC(Direct Regular Commission). DSSC as d name imply is a DIRECT SHORT course lasting 15years.. If u didnt convert it is assume u dont want to continue in d Service again. Most Medical Hands do this.
But if u want to continue till the 35years of Service then u hv to convert. There is usually a convertion board set-up to approval Dssc officers converting to DRC. Its a normal process no Godfather is needed, u just hv to b fit datz all. After 3years of joining u are eligible for convertion board. This wouldnt stop ya promotion.
thank you our oga for d into to informations u provide us with, may God continue to preserve you. I just want to understand u more,what is the been fit about, is it in terms of physical exercise or medical or one would have to enroll for courses. Thanks sire.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Tboy243: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
pijay:

]thank you our oga for d into to informations u provide us with, may God continue to preserve you. I just want to understand u more,what is the been fit about, is it in terms of physical exercise or medical or one would have to enroll for courses. Thanks sire.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by vladoz(m): 10:15pm On Dec 22, 2016
Tboy243:
]thank you our oga for d into to informations u provide us with, may God continue to preserve you. I just want to understand u more,what is the been fit about, is it in terms of physical exercise or medical or one would have to enroll for courses. Thanks sire.

Being fit is ur ability to do physical exercise...so u av to train ur body and mind so as to pass all the physical test during screening.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by danshadrach: 11:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
pijay:

10-15years. U hv different opportunity to convert. Only if u wish not to convert that u will b retire. Convertion board is not sumtin u should b scare of. No Oga at d top is needed.
If u meet d requirement u will b converted.
Thank u very much boss.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Fesvit: 8:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Let me be the first to wish all applicants and officers........….....

.....…....... Happy Christmas!

As we celebrate, eat less and stay fit!

Let's be hopeful!

God above all things!

..........onward together.............

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Jossyroyal1: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2016
pijay:
I saw ya mail. Feel free to send
Alright... thanks sir
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by iLiquidator: 11:09am On Dec 23, 2016
pijay:

3.5km - 4km race
I advice u to start jogging regularly every day to b fit..
Please sir, what is the duration given for the race?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
iLiquidator:
Please sir, what is the duration given for the race?
Try to practice doing this in 15minutes...though on that day many people will do better than this to enter first cage.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by wildchild1: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2016
biggestdick:
Pls...suposin...you...want.....to.....retire.....at....the....end.....of:15yers:..........wat.....rank....are..you....going....to....retire...with:::thankyou

A Commander ..ceteris paribus

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Dwhyte4: 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
Wish all prospective Officers/Seafarers Happy Christmas and prosperous new year
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by iLiquidator: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
tenderlaw:

Try to practice doing this in 15minutes...though on that day many people will do better than this to enter first cage.
Thank you sir
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Desluv(m): 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
tenderlaw:
Medicals is really straight forward. They will do chest xray, blood, urine and eye tests. Then for girls, pregnancy test.
To be sure where u stand, you may want to test for d following before u go...
HIV
Hepatitis B and C
Diabetes
Visual acuity
STIs
Urinalysis
Blood pressure
Now here's a tip. Don't get panicky when they want to check your BP and other vital signs...cos they might get a falsely high value. More tips soon...

Bros, you mentioned eye test, does that mean those who uses medicated glasses would be disqualified?

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme