Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Asians With Nappy Hair? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Asians With Nappy Hair? (55645 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
Japanese

Folks...there is an actual "afro. perm" in asia!! grin

[img]http://afroetic.files./2011/10/asian-afro_060209_m-425x228.jpg[/img]

The look is popular in Japan and Korea and is known as the "Reggae Perm". grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
The Afro perm, dreadloc’s, and conrows are apparently popular in Korea and Japan, especially with the youth that are intrigued and/or admire African American and African Carribean culture/music.

The style is also know as the Reggae Perm or Afro Perm. We know that on Afro hair, a perm/relaxer is used make curly, kinky hair straight, however the perm/relaxer when used on Asian bone straight hair, it has the reverse affect of making it curly, kinky.

Obviously, Afro textured hair is seen as very unique in East Asia, and even considered exotic to a certain extent, and probably because the Black/African presence is very small in some East Asian countries. It shouldn’t be forgotten that there is also a big Asian presence in the Caribbean
, and I have seen Afro Asians from the Caribbean with afro-kinky hair types, I’m only surprised to see it in Asia proper and was curious as to how the look was achieved on Asian bone straight hair.

The paradox here that i find amusing, is that there are black women who spend hundreds of dollars a year on Asian hair, and in some Asian communities, they are trying to achieve the Afro look, sometimes using Afro hair extensions to get it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe4AZRkFYE

these folks even DARKEN THEIR SKIN!!! shocked
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
Ok this is off topic now...i am just amazed!! grin

I knew dancehall music and Jamaican culture is a big thing in Asia but DAYUM!!! grin

[img]http://08.wir.skyrock.net/wir/v1/profilcrop/?c=mog&w=301&h=301&im=/big.138843671.jpg[/img]
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
BLACK POWER! grin
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by TerryCarr(m): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
intresting
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by foxxymobile(m): 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
Enugu Enugu Foxxymobile Wig Wigs Hair Online Stores in Enugu Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Side Effects Of Dudu Osun / What Can I Mix With My Lemon Fresh Lotion. / Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.