Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) (2354 Views)

I Want To Know About Eckankar. Any Help? / Follow Better Church, Follow ECKANKAR / Golden Anniversary Of Eckankar, Religion Of The Light And Sound Of God (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 01, 2015
So many people have heard about Ekankar while others may not have heard a thing about them. However, this forum is meant to clear the air. If you are an ECKist, this is the time to defend your religion, if you are not in harmony with ECK beliefs, please state your reasons. Let us all learn here. smiley
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by RotrEmmanuel: 11:47am On Feb 01, 2015
[s]
literarymathy:
So many people have heard about Ekankar while others may not have heard a thing about them. However, this forum is meant to clear the air. If you are an ECKist, this is the time to defend your religion, if you are not in harmony with ECK beliefs, please state your reasons. Let us all learn here. smiley
[/s]

Next........
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Eckankar was adapted from hinduism et buddhism. Why else would sri harold klemp receive the mantle of eck master in INDIA!!!
You claim 963 eck masters when your religion was founded 1965 by paul twitchell.
Also, your teachings of soul travel just doesn't cut it.
I was once an eckist though.
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
timonski:
Eckankar was adapted from hinduism et buddhism. Why else would sri harold klemp receive the mantle of eck master in INDIA!!!
You claim 963 eck masters when your religion was founded 1965 by paul twitchell.

For the records, I'm not an Eckist. Just an enthusiast.
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
[s][/s]

Next........
Now that's just being narcissistic. Imagine if this was done to you. We are all matured people here. If the thread doesn't capture your fancy, just ignore it.
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by wordcat(m): 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
Eckankar is just one those folklores. I've attended their seminar twice in Ambrose Alli University.
Too many cooked up stories, according to them, one of their Eck Masters was the one who trained jesus ans named him Christ as his spiritual name which jesus used in performing miracle, how a living Eck Master will appear to u in time of need or danger you're a devote member. So many lies abeg.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by dwilliams: 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
Being a Rosicrucian I c Amorc as another mystical organisation,though their teachings are not detailed enough compared to ours.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by dwilliams: 1:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:
Eckankar is just one those folklores. I've attended their seminar twice in Ambrose Alli University.
Too many cooked up stories, according to them, one of their Eck Masters was the one who trained jesus ans named him Christ as his spiritual name which jesus used in performing miracle, how a living Eck Master will appear to u in time of need or danger you're a devote member. So many lies abeg.
Easy, I saw their advert because they were supposed to hold a meeting this week at NLT,so I was there to know one or two things about their religion but I would like to point out according to a buddhist quote is"he who feels other relligions are crap except his has not found the truth in his religion.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by PastorKun(m): 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
literarymathy:

For the records, I'm not an Eckist. Just an enthusiast.

Since you are not an Eckist and you are not in a position to answer queries raised, why did you bother to open this thread

Would like to call on my good friend benodic (an eckist) to assist in addressing questions raised.
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by wordcat(m): 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
dwilliams:
Easy, I saw their advert because they were supposed to hold a meeting this week at NLT,so I was there to know one or two things about their religion but I would like to point out according to a buddhist quote is"he who feels other relligions are crap except his has not found the truth in his religion.

Go and learn. No knowledge is a waste.

Buddhism itself is not a religion until its founder, Buddha died and his follwers started building temples where they practice buddhism and images and relics of Buddha becomes objects of prayers.
Buddhism teaches the way to a perfect goodness and wisdom without a personal god, the highest knowledge without a revelation; the possibility of redemption without vicarious redeemer, a salvation in which everyone is his own saviour- Bhikkhu Subhadra, The Message of Buddhism
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by RotrEmmanuel: 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
[s]
literarymathy:

Now that's just being narcissistic. Imagine if this was done to you. We are all matured people here. If the thread doesn't capture your fancy, just ignore it.
[/s] E pain am..... grin
Next person please
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2015
Abeg which one be Eck master again? grin
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by leke12(m): 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hi everyone am an ECKist. Firstly, if you need any information about Eckankar u can kindly go to any Eck center located in every states in Nigeria. Secondly, Eckankar is a religion of love and freedom, we respect other religions because every religion is from God and it won't exist unless God accept it. Thirdly, we don't need to defend our religion because our God is not too weak to defend ITSELF(non masculine or feminine). Lastly, there different paths to God, follow the one you are convenient with and actually works for u. MTBB

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by benodic: 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
@ PastorKun

Since you are not an Eckist and you are not in a position to answer queries raised, why did you bother to open this thread

Would like to call on my good friend benodic (an eckist) to assist in addressing questions raised.

you called, i answered. i hope life is treating you well.

@ literarymathy

thanks for your thread but you should realize that we ECKists really are not interested in defending our religion. we are more interested in living our religion and sharing the wonderful love of God with all life. it is very natural for people to attack what they do not know or understand and it is okay. we have no qualms with that. you also have to realize that when the chela (student) is ready, the master appears.
when the Masters appears all the ignorance and misunderstandings about Truth clears like the morning mist upon the appearance of the sun.

@ timonski

from what you wrote here, if it is really true that you were once an Eckist then it is very clear you didn't take your studies seriously.
what makes ECKANKAR unique is that 99% of teachings is learnt in the inner planes while only 1% is accessed in the outer. so those who are too lazy to do their spiritual exercises will remain at the outer fringes and may eventually drop out. any confusion you have about the teachings can easily be cleared by inner spiritual search. the Holy Spirit which we know as the ECK is the repository of all truth and one can tune in to the Holy Spirit through the spiritual exercises of ECK and get answers to any question on truth.

@ wordcat

it was once a folklore to me before and i was sure that the experiences they shared were cooked up stories too until i made inner enquiries and verified the truth of the ECK teachings for myself and i have also had numerous experiences which has become my authority.
ECKANKAR does not beg anyone to believe in Its teachings or to accept what It says. you must experience Truth for yourself before it can make sense to you. we simply provide means for you to experience truth which is lacking in most other religions. it is up to you to take advantage of it or not.

to get more information about ECKANKAR, you can always go to the website, www.eckankar.org and you can download 2 free books from the website titled "ECKANKAR, ancient wisdom for today" and " Is life a random walk?". these 2 books summarizes the ECK teachings.

remain blessed

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by saintopus(m): 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
timonski:
ECKankar is a compund word gotten from "ECK " which means Light and Sound of God or Holy Spirit and ANKAR which means "The way ". Puting the two together, Eckankar means the way of the Holy Spirit.

Just like a new pope start his journey in Rome even though he is an African or Indian.

There are 973 past ECK Masters each has been a leader of Eckankar at their age and time.

As a member of Eckankar, I sing HU, a holy and sacred name of God to open up my heart to accept God's love. Purified by this act of prayer, I can now see and know my true spiritual nature as a child of God.

I sing HU when happy, sad, in danger or simply need God 's love.

Soul travel which take many forms is simply a change in consciouness. To some it may occur as movement in a vivid dream to others it may occur as a new awareness.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by saintopus(m): 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
benodic:

@ PastorKun

you called, i answered. i hope life is treating you well.

@ literarymathy

thanks for your thread but you should realize that we ECKists really are not interested in defending our religion. we are more interested in living our religion and sharing the wonderful love of God with all life. it is very natural for people to attack what they do not know or understand and it is okay. we have no qualms with that. you also have to realize that when the chela (student) is ready, the master appears.
when the Masters appears all the ignorance and misunderstandings about Truth clears like the morning mist upon the appearance of the sun.

@ timonski

from what you wrote here, if it is really true that you were once an Eckist then it is very clear you didn't take your studies seriously.
what makes ECKANKAR unique is that 99% of teachings is learnt in the inner planes while only 1% is accessed in the outer. so those who are too lazy to do their spiritual exercises will remain at the outer fringes and may eventually drop out. any confusion you have about the teachings can easily be cleared by inner spiritual search. the Holy Spirit which we know as the ECK is the repository of all truth and one can tune in to the Holy Spirit through the spiritual exercises of ECK and get answers to any question on truth.

@ wordcat

it was once a folklore to me before and i was sure that the experiences they shared were cooked up stories too until i made inner enquiries and verified the truth of the ECK teachings for myself and i have also had numerous experiences which has become my authority.
ECKANKAR does not beg anyone to believe in Its teachings or to accept what It says. you must experience Truth for yourself before it can make sense to you. we simply provide means for you to experience truth which is lacking in most other religions. it is up to you to take advantage of it or not.

to get more information about ECKANKAR, you can always go to the website, www.eckankar.org and you can download 2 free books from the website titled "ECKANKAR, ancient wisdom for today" and " Is life a random walk?". these 2 books summarizes the ECK teachings.

remain blessed

Thank you most kindly MBB!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by saintopus(m): 3:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
timonski:

You said you were a member of Eckankar?

What was ECK ID Number?
Most members of Eckankar never forgot their ECK ID No. even if they leave Eckankar.

I will like to know it if you do not mind.

Thank you most kindly.
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by adexsimply(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
Another sect of confused people
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
saintopus:

You said you were a member of Eckankar?

What was ECK ID Number?
Most members of Eckankar never forgot their ECK ID No. even if they leave Eckankar.

I will like to know it if you do not mind.

Thank you most kindly.
dumb question. My parents are eckists. I was in eckankar for 12 yrs. Why do u want to know my Id. Well, ID=22**56
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by saintopus(m): 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
timonski:
dumb question. My parents are eckists. I was in eckankar for 12 yrs. Why do u want to know my Id. Well, ID=22**56

ok thank you most sincerely
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
PastorKun:

Please go ahead. I never intended to respond to any questions. Like I said in the main thread, if you are an ECKist, then come and defend your religion, if not then state your displeasure with the faith. Personally I'm learning and I'm sure others are too. smiley. I'm a Rosicrucian and by virtue of that, I'm open to all religions and knowledge in general.
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by Jameselias: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
literarymathy:

Please go ahead. I never intended to respond to any questions. Like I said in the main thread, if you are an ECKist, then come and defend your religion, if not then state your displeasure with the faith. Personally I'm learning and I'm sure others are too. smiley. I'm a Rosicrucian and by virtue of that, I'm open to all religions and knowledge in general.
u lia modaf.ucker u ain't no rosicrushiit if u are tell me the name of their holy book made use of in the temple or logde as the case may be
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Jameselias:
u lia modaf.ucker u ain't no rosicrushiit if u are tell me the name of their holy book made use of in the temple or logde as the case may be

I don't have to argue with u. I'm not proving any point.

Meanwhile, AMORC doesn't use any Holy Book. It is a non sectarian organisation. The closest book to that is Unto Thee I Grant and it isn't even a religious book but a book of moral values drawn from an ancientTibetan manuscript.
Re: What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound) by chieveboy(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
dwilliams:

...this is awesome...l joined Eckankar cos It's the only religion that is 'speaking my language'. Although l over-ears my uncle speak nasty things about them while l was 13 or so, l was to know more about them on the pages of nairaland( link in my signature)...I was to further discover the picture of a man that comes in my dream state while l was 4 or so, I found his picture at Eckankar.org--that man was Gopal Das an Eck Master...you can be rest assured that l hadn't heard of the term 'Eck' while I was that young small.

The problem with the issue of belonging or not belonging to any religion has to do with your experiences...if anyone had had any experience like out-of body experience for instance had boldly ventured to visit the great beyond... That is the heavenly worlds and comes back to life here again...then some preacher comes to tell him he'll go to hell if so and so isn't accepted, you can feel the plight of both Parties...on one side you have someone with book-knowledge and on the other you have. A ' been there- done it'.

i find practices in Eck such as the spiritual exercise of chanting the HU to polarize oneself to any part of the heavens or to find truth pertaining any subject simply off the hinges! At one time l wondered what the heck have l been doing else...one other thing l loved is the ideology of 'experience before believe' they put personal experiences first...belief is secondary. Eckankar is perfect for those who want truth and are ready to put in effort to find it...this process is fun and adventurous! It's ask the question "where is Jesus?" And then you answer " let's go meet him" instead of " he's in heaven". Eckankar is about pragmatics and action rather than passivity and ignorance, it takes a seeker of truth anywhere that Includes the spiritual cities on earth, other planets, school of learning in the first,second etc heavens...you learn how to truly be ' in spirit' if ever you are to come to God...for Pete's sake how else do you find God? I discovered that the search for truth, happiness,love, answers etc is a search for God...this search will take you round the house universe for truth is better experienced rather than read or heard of, so you brace up yourself knowing indeed you are spirit...and prepare to bold-up and see things for your self. Eckankar is it for me...I can understand the criticisms against it teachings and claims.

. If it started 1965 and in America how the heck the Gopal Das located me in my remote village and Didn't Exist as contemporaries of Paul Twitchel?...any ways don't bother to answer the question!!! For educational purpose to Christians on this thread...Eck is our name for what you guys term ' Holy Spirit'..."can non Christians relate with the Holy Spirit?" you'll ask...Answer(in an air-hostess accent): "welcome to reality 101, please using your religions method of hearing from God, ask what is Eck"...and am serious...that's the only sure way to learn about Eckankar, or any unclear subject...then you''ll able to understand that since Cain went to another land and married, people have been lying...just Holy-spirit it!! cool

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Big Issue!Why Didn't Redemption Stop Women's Childbirth Pain Caused By Eve? / Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? / Excuses People Give For Not Attending Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.