Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Maint Reqd Light Issue - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maint Reqd Light Issue (8681 Views)

How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" / How To Clear Toyota Rav4 Maintenance Reqd Warning.works For Recent Toyotas / The Word 'MAINT' Blinks About 7 To 8 Times When I Turn On Ignition. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by disloman(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
doroboss:

Disconfused man! You say one thing then you say another, thank God you are not a dr. Hope you have stopped pouring z1 into cvt transmissions?
It is a shame u av a comprehension problem.Told u that u r too level to understand.I knw u av a rough day.Take a rest n read what u quoted again.
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
disloman:
Z1 in 6cans?lolxxxxxxxxx.Can u upload d Z1 4 us to see n ao much did u wanna sell d cans?lolxxxxxxxx.where were u told Z1 is not ideal 4 ur honda city? Go to Honda Place Apapa n make enquiry not all those blogs trained mech.Honda city is a japanese car.lolxxxxxxxxx.

Please take correction, if every one is doing it wrong, don't follow. There's a difference in viscosity between z1 and CVTF, transsmission oils. At least we know where not to take honda citiys to.

I will contact honda place apapa and find out if its true that they use Z1 for their cvt vehicles, good thing signature is available for refrence.

http://m.vconnect.com/the-honda-place-oshodi_isolo-lagos_b56834
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by disloman(m): 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Please, do you have a problem with me advising the OP and all other car owners to stick to the manufacturer's recommendations? I don't get it. What's your point again?
take tyme to read ur previous post n relate it to what i wrote.u will see.
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by disloman(m): 10:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
FlyboyZee:

My bad! I never knew its wrong to stick to manufacturer's recommendations.
I'm not saying its wrong u sticking to d manufacturer's recommendation but pls understand what is written in d manual.
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by doroboss(m): 10:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
disloman:
It is a shame u av a comprehension problem. Told u that u r too level to understand.I knw u av a rough day.Take a rest n read what u quoted again.

How can I comprehend? Highman.
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by disloman(m): 10:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Please take correction, if every one is doing it wrong, don't follow. There's a difference in viscosity between z1 and CVTF, transsmission oils. At least we know where not to take honda citiys to.

I will contact honda place apapa and find out if its true that they use Z1 for their cvt vehicles, good thing signature is available for refrence.

http://m.vconnect.com/the-honda-place-oshodi_isolo-lagos_b56834
Any mech that doesn't take correction,won't make way in this trade.We all learn everyday but i knw what i'm saying.don't get mi wrong.not all cvt vehicle.I said honda city.U r highly welcome.
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
disloman:
don't get mi wrong.not all cvt vehicle.I said honda city.U r highly welcome.

More education, I'm skiping some parts
This is Honda’s ATF-Z1 automatic transmission fluid. The Z1 fluid has been a main-stay in our arsenal, going through about 12 quarts a day for services. We have found a quality bulk fluid to supplant the Z1 in order to reduce the environmental impact, and comply with our Green Business Ideas. We always have Z1 on hand, so if you prefer the Honda fluid for your car, just let us know.

Honda’s 2011 transmissions now require ATF-DW1. This fluid can be used in all transmissions that call for Z1, but not the other way around. You cannot use bulk or Z1 in the new vehicles. Why not a new fluid, right?

CVT fluid was introduced around 1996 for the Civic HX with the Continuously Variable Transmission. It is also used in Honda’s Insight Hybrid, and the 2003 and newer Civic Hybrids. Servicing this fluid is crucial to the operation of the transmission, and it appears the condition will have a direct effect on start-up judder (shaking on initial acceleration). This is a known issue with Honda CVTs, and your first order of business as an owner should be to contact your Honda dealership to determine whether you’re eligible for warranty coverage. They should be able to confirm this over the phone, so you don’t risk wasting money. Due to the finnickey nature of this fluid, we strongly recommend fluid service every 15k, AND whenever necessary during the oil changes. Source: http://www.civicforums.com/forums/120-transmission/353143-cvt-atf.html

Read the whole lecture here, and stop killing peoples transmission with wrong fluids.

All honda place needs is one person that changed transsmission fluids recently on his honda city to see a staffer running his mouth about using wrong fluids, and litigation could follow up. Please re-educate ur bosses at honda place apapa, blog mechanics also have a little sense (without certificate grin) because they READ.
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by disloman(m): 12:11am On Feb 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

More education, I'm skiping some parts

Read the whole lecture here, and stop killing peoples transmission with wrong fluids.

All honda place needs is one person that changed transsmission fluids recently on his honda city to see a staffer running his mouth about using wrong fluids, and litigation could follow up. Please re-educate ur bosses at honda place apapa, blog mechanics also have a little sense (without certificate grin) because they READ.
wish i could highlight some of d points u made.u pple got mi all wrong due to y'all wanna claim over sabi.The thread that brought all these issues is abt Honda city 2002-07 which Z1 is still used.I knw what i'm talking about.New model of honda city don't use Z1.We don't use Z1 4 other models.we use DW1.I will keep on saying this.I'm not a blog trained mech.I'm still waiting 4 d lady who claimed to av bought Z1 to upload d pix.U can can still make ur claim at honda place.I'm waiting 4 d replies.Then i will knw if d japanese that had bn training us doesn't knw what he is doing
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by chillex8(m): 6:36am On Feb 03, 2015
disloman:
wish i could highlight some of d points u made.u pple got mi all wrong due to y'all wanna claim over sabi.The thread that brought all these issues is abt Honda city 2002-07 which Z1 is still used.I knw what i'm talking about.New model of honda city don't use Z1.We don't use Z1 4 other models.we use DW1.I will keep on saying this.I'm not a blog trained mech.I'm still waiting 4 d lady who claimed to av bought Z1 to upload d pix.U can can still make ur claim at honda place.I'm waiting 4 d replies.Then i will knw if d japanese that had bn training us doesn't knw what he is doing

Lies from the deepest Abyss.

Is it that you lack understanding skills, or you are just unable to articulate words in a sentence

CVT is not AT.

You CAN'T interchange their fluids.

Its because of your intellectual errors that two honda City 07 are lying fallow on my street.

Or DON'T you see them?

These are vehicles that were purchased NEW.

Perhaps you havnt seen what a CVTf looks like.

You are turning this forum into a laughing stock.

Don't forget, your wrong ideas are uploaded on google for the whole "un-informed" world to see.

You are supposed to be alleviating not destructive.

Change.

Out of public interest, where you trained at all

You sound rusty each time you post.

2 Likes

Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by FlyboyZee: 7:35am On Feb 03, 2015
disloman:
take tyme to read ur previous post n relate it to what i wrote.u will see.
There is nothing to relate there. I said follow manufacturer's recommendations as strictly as you can. Don't use a 20W50 engine oil when a 5W20 is the recommended oil. Don't use a CVTf when a DW is recommended. I also remembered stressing on using recommended oil even if its not synthetic. I'm still asking you if there is anything wrong with what I've posted earlier.

disloman:
I'm not saying its wrong u sticking to d manufacturer's recommendation but pls understand what is written in d manual.
Gazzuz just gave an e-copy of parts of the manual of which I have the booklets and have even gone ahead to upload live pix of oil life from 2 Honda vehicles.

Please, I still don't get what I posted that's irked you so much...

Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by FlyboyZee: 7:50am On Feb 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
disloman let me further EDUCATE you this is specifically for honda.
source: http://www.firstteamhonda.com/honda-maintenance-minder-service-chesapeake-va.htm
See live pix attached below...

Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by disloman(m): 7:57am On Feb 03, 2015
FlyboyZee:

If you did not use the oil recommended for your car by its manufacturer, even if you reset it, the indicator would still come on again. Whether Synthetic or not, just stick to the car manufacturer's recommendation and do a reset after that and it will take a longer time before the light appears again depending on what the manufacturer has programmed for it...
relate this with what u posted n also see also what GAZZUZZ replied to what i quoted.Maintenance light gat nothing to do with d recommended engine oil.
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by FlyboyZee: 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
disloman:
relate this with what u posted n also see also what GAZZUZZ replied to what i quoted.Maintenance light gat nothing to do with d recommended engine oil.
Please see the link below:
http://www.bestride.com/blog/car-doctor-q-a-can-the-wrong-oil-cause-my-car-to-run-poorly/13758/

In some cars, if you don't use the recommended oil, the maintenance required indicator would keep coming on no matter how many times you do a reset. The next question you would be asking me now is to name such cars. Whether you agree or not, some cars are sensitive to the oil they require. Moreover, why would any sane person ignore the manufacturer's recommendations if they are readily available. Ol' boy free me jare. I wonder whether Na 1940s Honda you de repair self. God please, come and save Nigerian motorists o! Na your hands we dey ooo!!!
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by FlyboyZee: 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
disloman:
I have been refusing to answer you since because you sound bereft of simple knowledge or procedural approaches to problem solving, yet you won't keep shut or ask questions that would give you a sense of direction. Come to think of it, you even claim to be an Honda Mechanic working at the Honda Place in Apapa. Ol boy, I know say by now you go don ground a lot of people's cars. Walahi! Mechanic oshi Ni bobo yi sha...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by FlyboyZee: 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
@Dis very low man, where you dey? &,why you dey hide? I don ready for you now. Oya come out now! Yeye foul...
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by chillex8(m): 1:46am On Feb 05, 2015
FlyboyZee:
@Dis very low man, where you dey? &,why you dey hide? I don ready for you now. Oya come out now! Yeye foul...

His name is Mathew
Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by brumac2nuh(m): 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
As pointed out, that light is a service reminder.
Resetting it is a simple DIY procedure that should be done once your car's servicing has been done:

-Insert your key into the ignition.
-Press and hold down the trip reset button beside the speedometer.
-Turn the key to the 'ON' position. Don't start the engine.
*You should see 4 dashes that disappear one at a time.
*Wait until all the dashes are gone.

-Release the trip reset button.
IT WORKS FOR ME TOO
. THANK U FOR THE ENLIGHTMENT

*The maintenance light should have been reset.

Turn off the key & then start your engine.

Re: Maint Reqd Light Issue by PrinceFola(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2021
As pointed out, that light is a service reminder.
Resetting it is a simple DIY procedure that should be done once your car's servicing has been done:

-Insert your key into the ignition.
-Press and hold down the trip reset button beside the speedometer.
-Turn the key to the 'ON' position. Don't start the engine.
*You should see 4 dashes that disappear one at a time.
*Wait until all the dashes are gone.

-Release the trip reset button.

*The maintenance light should have been reset.

Turn off the key & then start your engine.

This really help... Thanks so much sir...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Synthetic Motor Oil Versus Conventional Motor Oil Cold Pour Comparison Test / Power Steering Pump For Sale!!!! Discount...!!! / Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.