Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,873 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post (14074 Views)

See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) / The Escapades Of Doctors On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by Lagusta(m): 11:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
kay1one:

This your chemist business must be going under! Why all the beef?! grin

He is not a chemist, he is an auxiliary nurse!!! grin cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by Lagusta(m): 11:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
mankan2k7:
When Nma starts doing Nurses, medical laboratory scientists, pharmacy and physiotherapist work, what do u expect. Abi u want them to clap for u? U are even lucky u are not bath with acid. Bunch of arrogant and confused people. Nma is d problem in the heath sector

And this baboon needs to be slammed into the deep dungeons or area 51... undecided

1 Like

Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by liveyourlife: 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2015
Talibanis:

Wow! Are u acting dull or u are really this dull?

Its satire dude. Come don't ever quote me again in your life. If you can't ask a question without being insulting, don't try it. If you are a kid, am not!
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by chookudi(m): 2:09am On Feb 02, 2015
just imagine what professionals are spewing on this thread. Do you guys sound professional at all? Would a vulcanizer (with all due respect) and a motor park tout sound any different? Shame on all of you. Real big shame..How on earth do you want to earn respect when you can all descend so low as to brandish childish names, curse and abuse each other? There is a huge problem looming in the health sector and all you guys can do is to start an e-war here forgetting that the kids of the doctors here may want to become pharmacists in future and vice versa? well done. if you feel this is the best way to proffer solutions and contribute to this thread in a concerned and respectable manner, then who am I to think otherwise. Una well done o!!!

3 Likes

Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by bola555(f): 3:21am On Feb 02, 2015
Lagusta:

Adeola started it by calling us bastards....

In saner countries, a doctor is always the head of a health team, for the simple reason that a patient comes to see no one else....

A pharmacist makes the drugs, makes sure all drugs are up to standard, correct dosages, quality control and assurance, essential drugs formulatory, and the hallmark: RESEARCH!!!

A doctor is well trained in pharmacology; we may not know how drugs are manufactured, but we know basic knowledge of drugs, their pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, half-life, solubility, plasma protein binding, routes of administration, appropriate dosages in adults and children, side effects and adverse effects, contraindications and even ongoing research....

It is an insult to say à doctor cannot prescribe drugs...

I don't like tackling pharmacists, they are the ones belittling themselves!!! Forming an association with cleaners...

Maybe you can ask yourselves why you made that silly mistake
well trained in pharmacology? A doc once asked me to give a Patient Promethazine and chlorapheramine,I was lik wtf,both drugs does the samething...I called his attention to it and he first argued,but later he came back to say,you were right(perhaps he quickly checked through d internet), he canceled Chlorapheramine and av corrected this Doc prescriptions thousand times..atimes he would write use dermazine to cover a fresh wound,I wil jez smile I use the right solution,as if he bought his certificate from Market and many of his kind are many even on this forum..

3 Likes

Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by ibro2040: 6:14am On Feb 02, 2015
adeoladrg:
Pharmacist Cletus Labe was assassinated recently after receiving serious threats from medical doctors. They didn't probe shii then, now they're crying foul.

Eediot MBBS graduates, bunch of bastards! The game just began!
go pass jamb my friend! stop grumbling
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by chookudi(m): 6:17am On Feb 02, 2015
In truth, the doctor is the leader of the health care team in aspects relating to clinical practice. This is obtainable ANYWHERE you go in the world. Now this does not and should not relegate the importance of other health care team members. On the contrary, in countries with saner health care practices, the doctors cannot carry out certain tasks until inputs of other healthcare members have been considered. Part of the problems we have are also as a result of the sheer arrogance of certain doctors who refuse to recognise the importance of other members and deem themselves lord of others. Do they expect the rest to sit down and fold their arms? Nobody is all knowing. If/when you, as a doctor have doubts about medications and prescriptions, consult the pharmacist and ask for his/her opinion. When certain lab parameters are not clear relating to management of a disease/patient, consult the med lab scientist and so on. Accord one another the respect due. NO PROFESSION IN THE HEALTHCARE SETTING IS UNIMPORTANT. Naturally, friction will exist at certain times between various professions and it is the professionalism that makes each person/body realise that the patient is the sole reason they have their jobs.
Enough of all this bickering and shameful e-wars we have on in here!!

2 Likes

Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by Frenzydili(f): 7:47am On Feb 02, 2015
Inkredible:
Just put a call thru to all my fellow medical doctors the afro mentioned hospitals and non could confirm the news.
They all said they Heard n didn't experience it. I don't even know who or what to believe again.

I remain neutral in this matter. Do unto others as you would have them do onto you.
thumps up bro,it baffles me how people could stoop so low as to insulting eachoda to d extent of involving parents.pls NMAites n JOHESUites we are all one.lets work together in peace to better our health system.God help us!
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by Lagusta(m): 8:30am On Feb 02, 2015
bola555:
well trained in pharmacology? A doc once asked me to give a Patient Promethazine and chlorapheramine,I was lik wtf,both drugs does the samething...I called his attention to it and he first argued,but later he came back to say,you were right(perhaps he quickly checked through d internet), he canceled Chlorapheramine and av corrected this Doc prescriptions thousand times..atimes he would write use dermazine to cover a fresh wound,I wil jez smile I use the right solution,as if he bought his certificate from Market and many of his kind are many even on this forum..

Maybe that "doctor" was a community health officer, not a proper MBBS graduate, I can never commit those blunders anyway.....
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 02, 2015
Abuja doctors in the federal hospitals no follow abeg!them no get passion at all...
as for the miscreants, they show qualities of abokee APC members, it's in their blood to behave like a wild h0rny pig when 2 or 3 members are angrily gathered for a course.
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by ShamanEgijesu: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
adeoladrg:
Pharmacist Cletus Labe was assassinated recently after receiving serious threats from medical doctors. They didn't probe shii then, now they're crying foul.

Eediot MBBS graduates, bunch of bastards! The game just began!
u are just a steeewpid tawt. how did u get to study in a university

1 Like

Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by armadeo(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lagusta:

Chooooiii, being a hospital pharmacist no good oooo!!! grin

Your mates are abroad, working for gsk, novartis, neimeth and even the USFDA!!!

But you sir, are busy forming an association with cleaners and cooks...

When those ones also claim right to be the president of your "Abe bridge" association, your eyes go pop out pass those tear gas canisters Una dey pop!!!

Go kiss a baboon while you're busy hating and potating!!!!!

actually they are in class reading for their 300L exams.
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by Lagusta(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
armadeo:

actually they are in class reading for their 300L exams.

Don't tell me I was busy arguing with a student!!!!

Kaaaiii, my enemies go die by fire and brimstone!!!
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by armadeo(m): 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
emerich:

You are so on point, It's only in Nigeria stuffs like this happens, docs always claiming to be superior, always wanting to head every department even those they have little or no understanding about. In the States n UK, there is proper job description as a health worker and everyone works as a team irrespective of their discipline and you don't go around intruding into ones profession, our problem here in Nigeria is just ego, low self esteem n greed.

example?
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by armadeo(m): 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lagusta:

And this baboon needs to be slammed into the deep dungeons or area 51... undecided

i was going to comment but decided it wasn't worth the time.

meanwhile grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by armadeo(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lagusta:

Don't tell me I was busy arguing with a student!!!!

Kaaaiii, my enemies go die by fire and brimstone!!!

grin grin grin now you know.
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by zeezahbee(f): 11:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lagusta:

Maybe that "doctor" was a community health officer, not a proper MBBS graduate, I can never commit those blunders anyway.....
Because you can't commit those doesn't mean another won't. Stop trying to think doctors can do everything. I could remember how I changed and send back prescriptions. Inshort that was always the order of the day.

Some doctors will even come and fight , but at the end, they will go back and read on it and write a better prescription.

and most of them end up admitting that truly their a difference between catfish and sardine. tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by Lagusta(m): 10:15am On Feb 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
Because you can't commit those doesn't mean another won't. Stop trying to think doctors can do everything. I could remember how I changed and send back prescriptions. Inshort that was always the order of the day.

Some doctors will even come and fight , but at the end, they will go back and read on it and write a better prescription.

and most of them end up admitting that truly their a difference between catfish and sardine. tongue

Sweetheart, if what you re saying is really true, then I I blame no one but the consultants, because the medical school curriculum is not well structured, thereby churning out half-baked doctors.....

But as doctors, we also have to train ourselves, download audiovisuals, attend updates and CME courses, and we must always respect ourselves!!!

Most of my practical training was in a private hospital. I started private practice as a medical student, when I started house job, all was just like a breeze to me....

But wait, which hospital is that if I may ask
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by sosalicious(f): 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
This argument or misunderstanding is very immature. U guys should be thinking of how to put heads together to make a patient well, u re there trying to show how important you are in the health sector. People die everyday, some may be because of this nonsense argument trying to show you know it all. Everyone is important even the cleaners and the drivers. They r all important in their own way, so relax.
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 22, 2015
phantom:
insults flying around.....this is not right. please everyone should sheathe their swords and argue logically.
doctors and pharmacists on this thread should grow up and discuss this issue in a mature manner abeg.
these insults are demeaning... angry angry angry angry
for once, he is civil. Interesting
Re: NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post by Nobody: 2:41am On Mar 22, 2015
bola555:
Probably a private university product or could hav bribed his way thru school as a sizable number of them did. Chinese trained physician won't make such mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span / 5 Ways Nigerians Relax Their Nerves / Nigeria To Receive 20m Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccine, Says FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.