Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] (40851 Views)

DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
Wood formwork done except for the staircase, reinforcement work starting to take shape. Its looking like we will do the suspended slab casting atleast a week earlier than projected.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by twinskenny(m): 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
BITSWORKS:
Wood formwork done except for the staircase, reinforcement work starting to take shape. Its looking like we will do the suspended slab casting atleast a week earlier than projected.

perfect job. weldone sir
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:04am On Jun 03, 2015
Wood formwork and iron reinforcement work in progress. We got a bit delayed by the rain drizzling but got back on the platform once it fizzled out.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
Iron reinforcement work in progress, top bar and return bar work in progress.

Staircase wood formwork in progress, 1st and end unit formwork done, working on the 3rd unit.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by twinskenny(m): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
nice job Engr
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:33am On Jun 07, 2015
@twinskenny, thanks for the props.

Electrical conduit work ongoing and plumbing conduiting also.

The iron bender is done with the floor slab reinforcement and has started work on the staircase reinforcement and hopefully should be done by Monday evening so the carpenter can wrap-up work on the stair risers also.

By Gods grace, we will cast the second floor suspended slab within this week.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by Jamesqu(m): 2:33am On Jun 08, 2015
I am afraid of this guy...this your work is too super, you will cost an arm and a leg...nice job! wink

Where in Surulere is this that requires Pile Foundation?
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
@Jamesqu, I actually don't cost an arm and a leg, my fee is quite reasonable and is based on a percentage of the estimated total cost of construction.

The location is off Ogunlana drive in Surulere and the pile foundation was recommended from the soil test done for the approval process.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
All works on the second floor platform concluded today with the completion of the labourers stairs.

Clearing of the site for delivery of granite and sharp sand now in progress, by Gods grace, we should be able to cast on Friday or Saturday.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by mufutau55(m): 3:53am On Jun 11, 2015
@Bitworks... what is your email address? Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by FastShipping: 4:54am On Jun 11, 2015
The work I am seeing here is work of real engineers who are solely into building strong structure. You can't compare sleep with death. There are engineers and there are also "builders/engineers" (riffraff). grin grin

Choose wisely.

2 Likes

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 7:05am On Jun 11, 2015
@mufutau55, email addy is seyisodiya@yahoo.co.uk

@fastshipping, thanks for the compliments, we try our possible best to deliver strong structures to our clients.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by mufutau55(m): 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
BITSWORKS:
@mufutau55, email addy is seyisodiya@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Boss... Email coming soon.

Hajji M.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
FastShipping:
The work I am seeing here is work of real engineers who are solely into building strong structure. You can't compare sleep with death. There are engineers and there are also "builders/engineers" (riffraff). grin grin

Choose wisely.

well said kiss
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 7:37am On Jun 12, 2015
Casting of the second floor suspended slab about to commence. Two trips of 20 tons sharp sand delivered and 2 trips of 20 tons granite also. One trip of 20 tons of both sharp sand and granite has been put on standby.

By Gods grace, we should be done by 6pm.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by Dominionng(m): 7:50am On Jun 12, 2015
BITSWORKS:
Wood formwork in full gear, the platform should be ready by tomorrow, Saturday and the iron reinforcement work can commence on it.

Staircase formwork will start on Monday and hopefully should be done by Wednesday.

We decided to use marine board for this suspended slab to hasten the process of formwork and also do a neater job while we can also still reuse the boards for our next project.

Great Job Boss! What's the cost of these 'marine boards'? A unit of 8ft by 4ft.

Regards...
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 8:29am On Jun 12, 2015
@Dominionng, a unit of 8ft x 4ft marine board cost between N5500 and N7500 depending on quality and reusability. Thanks for the compliment.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by 9jaCrusade: 8:53am On Jun 12, 2015
Dear BITSWORK, thank you very much for sharing knowledge. It is one of the greatest service one can offer humanity.

I really appreciate your work. I am looking at building a terraced triplex like these, however just semi detached, but bigger floor areas.

I will really appreciate a cost breakdown of this present breakdown updated and how we can work together if you have the time.

You may choose to post the costing here on the forum or ivrytilers@gmail.com

Cheers.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by dayomide70(f): 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
Dayomide Stones Nig Ltd

Kindly contact me for your Granite,sharp sand,stone dust and sand filling. I supply to any part of LAGOS state and OGUN state.

Best price and good customer service.

Contact me on: 08117119290
E-mail address: dayomide70@yahoo.co.uk

What a man can do,a woman will do better wink .
A trial will convince you

Thanks
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
Casting ongoing! I will update as work progresses.

@9jacrusade, I will get back to you ASAP, busy at the moment.

@dayomide70, send your tonnages and corresponding prices to my email adress above.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by dayomide70(f): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Sent you a mail already but haven't gotten a response.
Location for the supply sir?
Thanks
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Casting completed at 6:30pm, the weather was cooperative and the casting crew were on point. Thank you God for todays mercies.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by dayomide70(f): 12:15am On Jun 13, 2015
BITSWORKS:
Casting completed at 6:30pm, the weather was cooperative and the casting crew were on point. Thank you God for todays mercies.

Happy you are able to finish this stage without the rain disturbing. Well done sir.

Oga mi, i'm still waiting for your response o.
Thanks
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by jejeman: 4:48am On Jun 13, 2015
Work well done, pls I want to knw quantity of sharp sand,granite and iron rod used for this decking.Many thanks
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by dayomide70(f): 5:41am On Jun 13, 2015
jejeman:
Work well done, pls I want to knw quantity of sharp sand,granite and iron rod used for this decking.Many thanks

@jejeman brotherly, whenever you are ready for your sand you can reach me. Check my signature. Thanks
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 8:48am On Jun 13, 2015
@jejeman, 2 trips of 20 tons sharp sand(Ikorodu sharp sand) and 3 trips of 20 tons 3/4 down granite. For the iron reinforcement, 1 and half ton of 12mm and (for the floor mat) 1 ton of 16mm(for the beams) and half ton of 10mm(for the rings).

@dayomide70, please check your mail.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by jejeman: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
BITSWORKS:
@jejeman, 2 trips of 20 tons sharp sand(Ikorodu sharp sand) and 3 trips of 20 tons 3/4 down granite. For the iron reinforcement, 1 and half ton of 12mm and (for the floor mat) 1 ton of 16mm(for the beams) and half ton of 10mm(for the rings).

@dayomide70, please check your mail.
Many thanks
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 4:32am On Jun 18, 2015
Still allowing the concrete slab to cure before we start the blcok work. However, we will start with internal works on the ground floor and first floor.

The electrical works of pulling cables will start this weekend once all the wires and distribution board needed are purchased.

We will also start with the internal rendering work (plastering) on the ground floor.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by dayomide70(f): 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
BITSWORKS:
Still allowing the concrete slab to cure before we start the blcok work. However, we will start with internal works on the ground floor and first floor.

The electrical works of pulling cables will start this weekend once all the wires and distribution board needed are purchased.

We will also start with the internal rendering work (plastering) on the ground floor.

Oga mi sir,been a while you updated last. Hope all is fine with you?
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
@dayomide70, thanks for checking up on me, got your mail also. I have been under the weather a bit after my trip to Ogbomosho guess I needed some rest. Am fully back now, both online and offline.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by dayomide70(f): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
BITSWORKS:
@dayomide70, thanks for checking up on me, got your mail also. I have been under the weather a bit after my trip to Ogbomosho guess I needed some rest. Am fully back now, both online and offline.

Good to see you are back sir. I believe you are now as the concrete floor you just finished grin.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] by BITSWORKS: 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Block work started on the second floor slab today, having given the slab 10 days to cure. We only have 2 bedroom space on this floor so the work will be a bit fast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Bungalow Enquiries on Design, Construction and Cost / Notorious Ota Land-Grabber Elijah Adeogun aka Killer Arrested In Ogun State / Qatar Begins Construction Of 500,000 Housing Units For Less Privileged In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.