Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Ukraine OR Russia? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukraine OR Russia? (7072 Views)

Russia And Ukraine Foreign Students Graduate In Nigeria For Hook Up!!! / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Any Nigerian Planning To School In Ukraine Or Already There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
While i'm fully aware to the existence of threads that addresses issues bout the Ukranian and Russian Universities, i could just get the actual info i seek to my own taste.
For those who might think "Damn!..Of all places"...i know.Buh i kinda dont have a choice as i have only WAEC and Int Palli to offer(these bunch accept just that)..No TOEFL or Uni Transcript wahala....Haven said,here goes
With the current crisis in ukraine,do you think it safe for me to
go there and study as i have already applied...
Also i was looking @ Russia...so did my research...Some said
its cool...Some said racism bleeping high...
Peeps your honest and kind advise can help me make a
decision..Most especially people that reside currenly in the
aforementioned countried....Thanks
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
emmanuel90:
While i'm fully aware to the existence of threads that addresses issues bout the Ukranian and Russian Universities, i could just get the actual info i seek to my own taste.
For those who might think "Damn!..Of all places"...i know.Buh i kinda dont have a choice as i have only WAEC and Int Palli to offer(these bunch accept just that)..No TOEFL or Uni Transcript wahala....Haven said,here goes
With the current crisis in ukraine,do you think it safe for me to
go there and study as i have already applied...
Also i was looking @ Russia...so did my research...Some said
its cool...Some said racism bleeping high...
Peeps your honest and kind advise can help me make a
decision..Most especially people that reside currenly in the
aforementioned countried....Thanks
why not try Asia countries?
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
tdayof:
why not try Asia countries?
Asian countries like?
I Have checked China...there tuition seem to be on a high side.
P.S...Before somebody will say i'm not focused and dont know what i want..lemme clear the air.
I'm just trying to do my home work properly and decided to take it slow.i dont just want to lump on anyhow school...Thats why im seeking nairalanders advise on whether my choice is good enough or there are better offers that i havent been able to dig out.Thanks
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
emmanuel90:

Asian countries like?
I Have checked China...there tuition seem to be on a high side.
P.S...Before somebody will say i'm not focused and dont know what i want..lemme clear the air.
I'm just trying to do my home work properly and decided to take it slow.i dont just want to lump on anyhow school...Thats why im seeking nairalanders advise on whether my choice is good enough or there are better offers that i havent been able to dig out.Thanks
what's your budget? China has some schools with low fees e.g mine
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
tdayof:
what's your budget? China has some schools with low fees e.g mine
Like $2000 - $2500 tuition/year.
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
emmanuel90:

Like $2000 - $2500 tuition/year.
hmm what course can help you with research.. The lowest have seen is $3000 in China... Why not try Hungary I heard schools there are very cheap
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 1:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
tdayof:
hmm what course can help you with research.. The lowest have seen is $3000 in China... Why not try Hungary I heard schools there are very cheap
Computer Science/Security
$3000...what's the name of the university...
As per Hungary...most have seen requires all these language proficiency crap cert...as if say i no abi English
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
emmanuel90:

As per Hungary...most have seen requires all these language proficiency crap cert...as if say i no abi English
Shenyang aerospace university

1 Like

Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
tdayof:
Shenyang aerospace university
ok...i just checked it out..its ok.hw bout intenational recognition and it seem i have to send my documents through courrier service...right?
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
emmanuel90:

ok...i just checked it out..its ok.hw bout intenational recognition and it seem i have to send my documents through courrier service...right?
international recognition good! No you don't need a courier service
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
tdayof:
international recognition good! No you don't need a courier service
Ok...thanks for your help
I also found this whike snooping around (Yichun Univesity)..there fee seem to be way cheaper...Thoughts?
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
emmanuel90:

I also found this whike snooping around (Yichun Univesity)..there fee seem to be way cheaper...Thoughts?
alright let me check... How much?
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
emmanuel90:

www.yichununiversity.com/admission/tuition/ is that the link ?
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
emmanuel90:

Yuck
25000 Chinese yuan = 755162.1763
Nigerian nairas
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
tdayof:
25000 Chinese yuan = 755162.1763
Nigerian nairas
Yes....
While Shenyang is $5420 at first entr..init?
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 3:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
emmanuel90:

Yes....
While Shenyang is $5420 at first entr..init?
uhmm yea!
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 11:12am On Feb 03, 2015
Thank mehn...i have applied
Want to also know...How legitimate is RACUS....anyone involved them here before?
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by bestridetravel: 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2015
Try Romania or Norway. Their fees are okay too. There are so many Nigerians there too. Anyone you feel is cool to you should be well research and not just about the fees alone dear. All the best.
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by ttmacoy: 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
You would rather go to Ukraine or Russia ether than take toefl and maybe SATs which would get you to countries with better opportunities.

Guess it depends on your goals. If to get degree and return to Nigeria then guess it's ok , if tk stay abroad and work then think twice.

Because it's easy to get admission today doesn't mean it makes life easy on the long run.

emmanuel90:

Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by emmanuel90(m): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
ttmacoy:
You would rather go to Ukraine or Russia ether than take toefl and maybe SATs which would get you to countries with better opportunities.

Guess it depends on your goals. If to get degree and return to Nigeria then guess it's ok , if tk stay abroad and work then think twice.

Because it's easy to get admission today doesn't mean it makes life easy on the long run.

Thanks mate...
Im puting all time and energy into this...this is so i dont make a mistake.
Just that i saw a Uni in russia and i liked there curcriculum(and the Institution's degree also is globally valued) but then i just wanted to know if I Will be a safe in a country where ive seen a few complain about, in terms of the challenges they encountered while in the place regarding colour.
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by ttmacoy: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
My point was if you are putting time and energy, then why not invest that time and energy into raking toefl and SATs or GRE if you are after masters with which if you get good grades, you can get into very good schools with possibility of grants and scholarships and opportunity to remain and get work experience e.g. in the states rather than Russia or Ukraine?

Ukraine to me just looks like the easy option but not necessarily the best option.

As I said if your plan is to return to Nigeria then guess it's Ok if you want a foreign degree, if your plan is to work abroad, Ukraine is not viable and I'm my opinion neither is Russia.

emmanuel90:

Thanks mate...
Just that i saw a Uni in russia and i liked there curcriculum(and the Institution's degree also is globally valued) but then i just wanted to know if I Will be a safe in a country where ive seen a few complain about, in terms of the challenges they encountered while in the place regarding colour.
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2015
ttmacoy:
My point was if you are putting time and energy, then why not invest that time and energy into raking toefl and SATs or GRE if you are after masters with which if you get good grades, you can get into very good schools with possibility of grants and scholarships and opportunity to remain and get work experience e.g. in the states rather than Russia or Ukraine?

Ukraine to me just looks like the easy option but not necessarily the best option.

As I said if your plan is to return to Nigeria then guess it's Ok if you want a foreign degree, if your plan is to work abroad, Ukraine is not viable and I'm my opinion neither is Russia.

It's like you have previous (or present) experience about the 2 countries (Ukraine and Russia) and so, I'm also interested in knowing much better too.

In my own case, I am NOT going abroad to work while schooling so it makes it cool for me to go to any country to study (so far it is safe for Nigerians/blacks). Even if I go to London, I won't still work.

So my question is: PLEASE, IS IT SAFE TO LIVE AND STUDY in either UKRAINE or RUSSIA?

Thanks for your time Bro.

Please note: I intend going for undergraduate course NOT masters.
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by holyboss: 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
Portugal is better compared to dos two wt affordable tution...boh a bit stressfull to process sha

U can just browse through NL travel section for threads on studying in portugal..

Peace
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by ttmacoy: 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
I have not lived or studied in either country but know people who have and in my opinion there are far better options. Ukraine is not exactly safe especially with all the issues going on, and obviously being black I do not think you will have as many opportunities compared to the western world.

There is nothing wrong with studying while working, infact I recommend it as it helps you not only earn money which gibes you flexibility so you are not depending on people for pocket money, but also helps you develop skills and experience that can help your CV when you graduate and are applying for graduate roles. I worked while studying and I enjoyed the opportunity to be able to earn while I studied. The flip side is people who work at the expense of their studies, that is not advised.

Are your parents rich enough to pay for your accommodation, give you pocket money etc? I ask because one of the reasons you are looking at Ukraine and Russia is because they are cheap.

Anyway it all depends as I said on what you want to do after your degree. If you are planning to go back to Nigeria and have connections for jobs then Ukraine will work as you have a foreign degree. If you want education that gives you international opportunities I will say Ukraine and Russia will not.

Goodluck.

easytalkwitbabs:

It's like you have previous (or present) experience about the 2 countries (Ukraine and Russia) and so, I'm also interested in knowing much better too.

In my own case, I am NOT going abroad to work while schooling so it makes it cool for me to go to any country to study (so far it is safe for Nigerians/blacks). Even if I go to London, I won't still work.

So my question is: PLEASE, IS IT SAFE TO LIVE AND STUDY in either UKRAINE or RUSSIA?

1 Like

Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 5:55pm On Feb 03, 2015
emmanuel90:
Thank mehn...i have applied
Want to also know...How legitimate is RACUS....anyone involved them here before?
applied where?
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
emmanuel90:

Thanks mate...
Russia I don't see anything wrong with the country.. Have got friends there but I heard racism rate is high there from Nairaland.
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
ttmacoy:
I have not lived or studied in either country but know people who have and in my opinion there are far better options. Ukraine is not exactly safe especially with all the issues going on, and obviously being black I do not think you will have as many opportunities compared to the western world.

There is nothing wrong with studying while working, infact I recommend it as it helps you not only earn money which gibes you flexibility so you are not depending on people for pocket money, but also helps you develop skills and experience that can help your CV when you graduate and are applying for graduate roles. I worked while studying and I enjoyed the opportunity to be able to earn while I studied. The flip side is people who work at the expense of their studies, that is not advised.

Are your parents rich enough to pay for your accommodation, give you pocket money etc? I ask because one of the reasons you are looking at Ukraine and Russia is because they are cheap.

Anyway it all depends as I said on what you want to do after your degree. If you are planning to go back to Nigeria and have connections for jobs then Ukraine will work as you have a foreign degree. If you want education that gives you international opportunities I will say Ukraine and Russia will not.

Goodluck.

GOD bless you sir. Well, I'm from a "very" poor family (we are rich in Christ tho) but for me, I make some "legitimate" money online which I can manage with. Aside this, my aunts are my sponsors and they have promised to invest on my future.

I am looking at UKRAINE and RUSSIA because of the English text stuff (TOELF etc). Originally, I wished London and my aunts wished thesame thing but they will agree on whatever I tell them.

Based on your advise, I will start working on London now and plan to write the English exam. GOD bless you sir.
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
easytalkwitbabs:

I don't know how safe Russia is but I have friends schooling there and doing good both university and secondary school students
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
tdayof:
I don't know how safe Russia is but I have friends schooling there and doing good both university and secondary school students

Bless you sir
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by tdayof(m): 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
easytalkwitbabs:

Bless you sir
thanks Amen smiley

Let me talk about racism;
I don't think racism is enough to stop you from going to a country you want provided it meets your standard. i think racism is everywhere, tho racism rate is differs from one country to another. Just do some intense research on the country.
Re: Ukraine OR Russia? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
tdayof:
thanks Amen smiley

Let me talk about racism;
I don't think racism is enough to stop you from going to a country you want provided it meets your standard. i think racism is everywhere, tho racism rate is differs from one country to another. Just do some intense research on the country.

You know what Bro? I wish Russia or Ukraine because I want to safe myself from the stress of TOELF etc and the low stress in getting the visa (I think it's much easier, from admission to visa processing).

UK is also easy but too much processing.

thanks for your time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stowaway Dies On Arik Flight In Lagos / See The Mass Exodus Of Igbos Going Home For Christmas - Photos / Ibadan:the Most Insulting City In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.