Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:11 AM

REGRET: We Asked For Weapons, We Got Death Sentence! - Soldiers Cry Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REGRET: We Asked For Weapons, We Got Death Sentence! - Soldiers Cry Out (959 Views)

Soldiers Cry..what D Junior Rank In Army Goes Through / Nigerian Soldiers Cry Out "Save Us Before Our Leaders Kill Us" / Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REGRET: We Asked For Weapons, We Got Death Sentence! - Soldiers Cry Out by Sirniyeh(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?v=timeline&id=100005929870910&refid=17

One of the 54 soldiers sentenced to death by a Nigerian Army court martial for mutiny and conspiracy to commit mutiny has taken to the social media to express his frustration with Nigeria.

The soldier, who bears the name Fahat Fahat, posted on his Facebook page on Friday that all the soldiers asked for were better weapons that will help them defeat Boko Haram rather than be killed. The Nigerian soldier, who has now been condemned to death, posted in a chilling message that gives a first-hand insight into the likely state of mind of the soldiers:

“Hello ladies and gentlemen. I am soldier and I am sentence to death by the Nigeria army (sic) (be)cause we did not go to fight Boko Haram without equipment. We ask for weapon instead dem gave death sentence (sic).” Fahat’s wall showed different pictures and posts of an excited soldier. In one post, he said, “I am a commando trooper, Jumper Canta Force Galopa Amphibios (sic). Above I am a gorilla, the king of the jungle. I am trained to kill the wicked. I am proud to be a killer. We do good things to good people and bad things to bad people. One man one bullet, sometimes, one man, one magazine.”

But the tone of his messages seemed to change from October 2014. In a cryptic message on November 24, 2014, Fahal posted in caps, “I am sick and tayerd with dis f*rking alpha romeo mike yankee seriousely
(sic)” Meaning: I am sick and tired of this f******
Army seriously.

Another soldier, Fredrick Ayonronmi, who is
Fahat’s friend but not one of the convicted soldiers, also took to Facebook to express happiness after an operation. “Lord, thank you for my life, because I am a survivor of Boko Haram attack in Vimtim Forest.
After five days in the bush, Lord I praise you,” his
post read. But when will all the necessary weapons
needed by our boys to defeat Boko Haram get to them?

Re: REGRET: We Asked For Weapons, We Got Death Sentence! - Soldiers Cry Out by Johnnyessence(m): 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
this is bad oooo d way Gej is treating d military is bad ooo.
Re: REGRET: We Asked For Weapons, We Got Death Sentence! - Soldiers Cry Out by Sirniyeh(m): 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Nigerians, how could these people be delivered from the death sentence judgement? Please, reason along. These people committed their lives to secure you and me. They are the ones at the battle front. They see what the enemies carry in their hands. They see how funds meant for more armunitions are being swindled. Their OGAs only sit down in the office commanding to face boko haram.

Nigerians, we all know it is not that easy. It is a game of risk. But these people demanded for more weapons and the reply received was death sentence. Is this justifiable?

If these innocent soldiers are killed, won't their blood hunt the nation?

Enough of shedding of innocent blood.
Boko haram is doing their own, our government also doing their own.

May God deliver Nigeria.

We appeal to uncle Jonathan for Mercy!
Re: REGRET: We Asked For Weapons, We Got Death Sentence! - Soldiers Cry Out by Sirniyeh(m): 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Johnnyessence:
this is bad oooo d way Gej is treating d military is bad ooo.

Dairis god ooooooo
Re: REGRET: We Asked For Weapons, We Got Death Sentence! - Soldiers Cry Out by cjrane: 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
[size=13pt]Honestly,
We know our soldiers are one of the best equipped in Africa. Definitely better than Chad or Cameroon.Our army is a wholly volunteer force just like Chad and Cameroon.

So why is Chad and Cameroon able to fight Boko Haram and not surrender their entire military hardware to the terrorists?

We know there are some bad elements, saboteurs in our army determined to help arm Boko Haram by abandoning their gadgets at the firing of two shots by Boko Haram. Some of our troops also have a high level of indiscipline even firing at their commanding officers.

There has to be consequences for indiscipline in the military tradition. If we fail to take a hard stance on those who act as they wish in our armed forces, then our armed forces will truly fall apart from indiscipline and sabotage.
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Postponement Of Elections In Nigeria - U S Department Of State / OMG! See What This Person Did To His PVC After Election Postponement / Nigerians Warn Jonathan, Military Against Media Clampdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.