Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Chinese Firms To Pay Tainted Milk Victims - Lesson For My Pikin Manufacturer - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chinese Firms To Pay Tainted Milk Victims - Lesson For My Pikin Manufacturer (808 Views)

Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? / Differences Between Full Cream Milk And Skimmed Milk / 8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Firms To Pay Tainted Milk Victims - Lesson For My Pikin Manufacturer by madeonline(m): 2:44pm On Dec 29, 2008
Chinese dairy firms involved in the tainted milk scandal are to compensate the families of the nearly 300,000 affected children, state media said. Twenty-two companies will make an undisclosed one-off cash payment to the families; Xinhua reported quoting the China Dairy Industry Association. It comes as the first defendants from the food industry went on trial accused of making and selling melamine. The industrial chemical was added to milk to make it appear high in protein. “The enterprises offered to shoulder the compensation liability. By doing so, they hope to earn understanding and forgiveness of the families of the sickened children,” Xinhua cited the Chinese dairy association as saying. The firms have also agreed to create a fund to cover the medical bills for any potential after-effects of the poisoning, it said. P20081229pg28

Would it not be reasonable and fair to ensure that the manufacturer of "My Pikin" deadly teething mixture is made to pay for damages resulting from adulterated batch. Taking a cue from China!

(1) (Reply)

Ice Creams / How Many Times Do You Reuse Cooking/frying Oil Before Throwing It Out ? / Reasons Why Breast Milk Donations Is Saving Premature Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.