Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Pastors Should Stop Involving Themselves In Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastors Should Stop Involving Themselves In Politics (437 Views)

Amina Mohammed Wins African Woman In Politics, Public Office Award / Top 7 Controversies Involving Former President Obasanjo / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastors Should Stop Involving Themselves In Politics by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
What is wrong with nigerian pastors? Endorsing political candidates, blinding their church goers with religious bigotry. I have come to understand that anything i do in public i never bring religion into it in other not to disrespect anybody's religion. But it has come to my notice thats what nigerian pastors do now, never heard their counterparts meddle into politics nor address the public with religious bigotry. The way pastors have been going about delivering stupid and awful bigotry to the christian society blinding them to see the main reason to vote the candidates of their choice, instead gullible listeners will fill their head with their words, forgetting that they serve not their pastors but god. The way they talk to their listeners about other religions with disdain that it brings hatred amongst people with different religion, now the so called shamefull politicians use this as a political weapon against opponents spreading more hate and disdain.
Nigerians note that when it becomes a distaster, these set of people will run out with their family and leave us to it.
Saying from my heart!
Re: Pastors Should Stop Involving Themselves In Politics by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
Passtour Yemi Orsibarnjo as a case study..

(1) (Reply)

Twitter, Has Suspended Boko Haram’s Account On Their Website / Dokubo Invited Severally Over Inflammatory Statements, Says DSS / PVC: Lagos Declares Friday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.