Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] (7365 Views)

5 Artistes Who Started Their Careers With OJB Jezreel / Blackface: 'This Would Happen To Artistes Who Try To Steal My Vibes' / Top 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Born With Silver Spoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
1. DAGRIN.

Oladapo Olaitan Olanipekun aka Dagrin was born(25/10/ 1987-22/04/ 2010). He also goes by other aliases such as Original Omoita, DaGrin Lomo Na, Lyrical Trouble, Fimilejo, Omo Onile, Solder Boy, Lyrical Wayray, Molenubi, Missofuyin, Omo Ogun, Akogun, Barack O’Grin, Chief Executive Omoita etc.
He finished in Good Shepherd Nursery and Primary School and attended Community High School, Agbado College. He attempts to gain admission to Nigeria’s tertiary institutions hit the rock due to financial and family issues, so later decided to invest his time and effort in music since he loves doing music and writing lyrics with great passion.
He was a recording artiste, songwriter,
rapper and performer. Like any other artiste, the start was rough for DaGrin. His first album titled “Still On the matter” came and went without much impact in the music industry.
He went back to the studio to put togeda album titled “Chief Executive Omoita (C.E.O) and surely, it was a party banger. He was signed to his own label Missofunyin Entertainment and managed by Edlyne Records.

https://m.facebook.com/wazobiaradio/posts/510803082315397

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
2. J. MARTINS.

J. Martins was living it rough and struggling to survive the harsh condition of an ‘area boys’ dominated enclave under the Ojuelegba over head bridge in Lagos. Like every young lad who wanted his dream to come true, J.Martins had fled home following a disagreement with his father over his choice of a career. In fact, the conflict had escalated to a point the young man’s life was threatened by an ex-Biafran soldier father who pulled a gun and shot at him for daring to consider music as a profession. To make ends meet, J Martins picked up a menial job, first a canteen hand, before graduating to become a bus conductor.
But like a prodigal son he soon got tired of living the streets and returned to the Onitsha home he shared with six other siblings. But his unrepentant father was not through with him yet, as he was pulled out of school and disowned as a son. Like the proverbial cow with no tail and God helped chase away flies, J.Martins found a redeemer in the minister in whose Church he cuts his teeth as a teenage
drummer. The rest is history, as J Martins is not only a house hold name in Nigeria but in Africa where he has travelled extensively playing concerts, entertaining several African Presidents and top celebrities. The icing on the cake was playing at Monaco, France at the wedding of Chelsea haymaker, Didier Drogba.
Today, he’s carved a niche for himself as the only Nigerian to have the most collaboration with other African musicians.

www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/j-martins-im-in-love-with-a-medical-doctor/

1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
3. 9ICE.

9ice attended Abule Okuta Primary School and CMS Grammar School, and dropped out from his Law course at the Lagos State University to concentrate on music. He grew up in a polygamous home of five wives and nine children. His parents found about his singing career a year after it started around
2000. Before then, 9ice wrote his own songs dating back to when he was just 14 years old.
It is worth noting that as a big fan of Pasuma Wonder, he kick-started his singing career with Fuji music. He derives his inspiration from his environment, and music from the
likes of Ebenezer Obey, King Sunny Adé,
Tatalo Alamu, Late Alhaji Ayinla Omowura, Late Alhaji Haruna Ishola.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/9ice

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
4. ICE PRINCE.

Ice Prince was born Panshak Henri Zamani in
the city of Minna, Niger State, Nigeria. At age
two, he moved with his family to the mining
city of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria. While
residing in Jos, he attended St. Murumba
College. He also attended the Science
Tutorial College in Jos.
In 1998, he began writing rap songs and
started performing them at social events
held at his school. It was not until 2001 that
he began going to studios to record. In 2002,
he got together with a couple of friends and
formed a group called the "Ecomog Squad".
They had few performances as a group and
split a year later. In 2004, he connected with
M.I, Jesse Jagz, Ruby, Lindsey, Eve, Taz, and
together they became what is now known
today as the "Loopy Crew". During an
interview with Adeola Adeyemo, Ice Prince
was asked to summarise his story. He said "I started out in Jos in a group called ECOMOG
squad. We used to rap and sing together. The
group split up after a few years and after
that, I joined the choir in my church and
started singing Tenor. That was about the
time MI moved back to Nigeria and we
became friends, we became family, we
started living together, started making music
together. I had a song that made it to
Number 1 in Jos, that was when I started
getting more attention. Then I got admitted
into University of Jos to study Zoology but
then I couldn't really continue because of
some financial constraint at the time." Ice
Prince also opened up about the passing of
his parents and the challenges he faced early
on. He said:

"Life was not that rosy. When my
dad was alive, life was pretty much
rosy but I lost my Dad in 1999 and it
was my Mum that was taking care of
me up until she died too. So it was
kinda hard to get by, really. I
dropped out of school in my
100Level to focus on my music.I
moved to Abuja and started living
with MI and Jesse Jagz. We were
making music, doing some small
small shows just to get money. Then
we moved to Lagos, we got a chance
to chill at Djinee’s house. Djinee
gave us some space in his house to
sleep. Djinee is like my Jesus. He
came through for us. We lived in his
house and made it very
uncomfortable for him but he took
all the pain and accommodated us.
This was in 2008. Gradually, there
was steady growth. We got our own
place, started making music. In
2008, I hosted Sprite Triple Slam.
We did 30 shows, 15 in Lagos, 15 in
the East. I got some small money off
that to buy some new jeans and
shoes so that girls would, you know,
say hi to me when they see me."

www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Prince

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
5. 2FACE.

2face Idibia was born in Jos, Plateau State and hails from Okpokwu local government area and from the Idoma ethnic group in the southern part of Benue State, Nigeria.
He attended Mount Saint Gabriel's Secondary School in Makurdi, Benue State. He schooled briefly in the Institute of Management & Technology, IMT, Enugu, one of the country's foremost higher institute of learning where he did his preliminary National Diploma course in Business Administration. Though, he didn't finish but would hone his skills in music by performing in shows and parties organised by the IMT and some other schools like Enugu. State University of Science & Technology, Enugu (ESUT) and University of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC).
His major breakthrough in the IMT was composing and singing the jingles in the famous radio show GB Fan Club in Enugu State Broadcasting Services (ESBS) in 1996. He then relocated to Lagos and joined up with his ex-IMT mate BlackFace to form Plantashun Boyz. He started calling himself "2Face" in 1996. "The name to me just refers to the outside and inside: when you first see me you see the outside but when you get to know me, you see the inside" he said in an interview with the BBC.
His award winning hit track "African Queen" was used as the sound track of the 2006 comedy film, Phat Girlz. This made him even more recognized internationally.

www.nigeriamusicnetwork.com/articles/read-tuface-idibia-biography-nigerian-artist_98.html

Though it wasn't included in his biography but I learnt he couldn't afford a university education and that he left his home town with just a travelling bag!

List compiled by >

**** www.twitter.com/syncrospy ****

#SAIBUHARI

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
Taken down..
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
Why nah?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 03, 2015
E don finish ?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by badassProdigy(m): 12:54am On Feb 03, 2015
miss dagrin ...
2 baba simply d best...
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by freezyprinzy(m): 12:56am On Feb 03, 2015
amu pretty sure dy are more dan 5 op u can do better
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Wyclefniranz(m): 1:37am On Feb 03, 2015
freezyprinzy:
amu pretty sure dy are more dan 5 op u can do better
what about olamide ?? op do better
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 3:25am On Feb 03, 2015
Wyclefniranz:
what about olamide ?? op do better
Olamide grew up like every other Nigerian kid. His parents could still afford to send him to the university (tasued) to study mass communication. It was even gathered from reliable source that his father was Chevron's chief driver. Forget the hustling stunt the ni**a is trynna pull.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by IamOpemipo(m): 3:30am On Feb 03, 2015
All dis Op be deceiving us..wia are d rest?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 3:38am On Feb 03, 2015
IamOpemipo:
All dis Op be deceiving us..wia are d rest?
Come up with your own.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by IamOpemipo(m): 3:44am On Feb 03, 2015
thisisayus:

Come up with your own.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by jessiecah(f): 3:55am On Feb 03, 2015
What of timaya, the plaintain seller tongue
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Joshkid(m): 5:15am On Feb 03, 2015
Ice prince...They first said He was born with silver nw dey talking otherwise! angry angry shocked
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Yustash001(m): 6:34am On Feb 03, 2015
Hustling pays....
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Medunah: 6:37am On Feb 03, 2015
They are much more than 5 and DAGRIN shouldnt be on tht list, he is late
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by pretydiva(f): 6:40am On Feb 03, 2015
Observing tins frm mango tree
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by dahdah: 7:01am On Feb 03, 2015
OLAMIDE
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by okeybig: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2015
What about psquare
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by chijoy7(f): 10:39am On Feb 03, 2015
what about the plantain boy
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by hatux: 11:09am On Feb 03, 2015
I was here*'I'll modify later*
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by akatekpe(m): 11:40am On Feb 03, 2015
thisisayus:
Olamide grew up like every other Nigerian kid. His parents could still afford to send him to the university (tasued) to study mass communication. It was even gathered from reliable source that his father was Chevron's chief driver. Forget the hustling stunt the ni**a is trynna pull.
2face doesn't belong to this group at all. The biography here is not complete. 2face was born abroad and spent his early life as a teenager abroad. The parent were very very okay even before his success in music. Mount Saint Gabriel is one of the best secondary schools in Benue State and his parents could have afforded his fees at any University in Naija at that time,He was just not into schooling.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by mohammedmagnus: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
Sometimes in life being successful alone doesn't cut it, but the story behind the success that's what truly inspires. That's why some successful people are looked up to and some kardashian and paris hilton like people are just there, successful YES but just there. May our success story be an inspiration. AMEN
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2015
I thank God for there lives as all are now success stories for them.
In order words, Never say Never until EVER completely takes the place of NEVER!
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by danbrowndmf(m): 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
[quote
author=akatekpe post=30385674] 2face doesn't belong to this group at
all. The biography here is not complete. 2face was born abroad and spent
his early life as a teenager abroad. The parent were very very okay
even before his success in music. Mount Saint Gabriel is one of the best
secondary schools in Benue State and his parents could have afforded
his fees at any University in Naija at that time,He was just not into
schooling.[/quote] JESUS! broda wer u get dis kin lie frm,2face was nt born abroad dou dy wer nt dt broke *average class* dat wat dy were,buh he was never born abroad broda.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Anthony3850(m): 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2015
Number 5 should b d guy dah influences me the most.... S to da K SKALES., go read his story,,, *he started from d bottom too** Number 6 should be sarkodie,, sarkodie's story is too much i cant even write half of it (go and read it too)..... Number 7 {reserved for me when i blow (by God's grace)}
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by AnnieLaBelle: 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
Hello,

Annie La Belle makeup school seeks to empower 360 youths with skills for wealth creation and financial independence, through our training system.

Be one of such people by enrolling in our Makeup and Beauty School for the February Pro-basic class. 

Make an impact by sponsoring and equipping someone through this training, it promises to be empowering. 

4weeks intensive Makeup and Beauty care training. 

Course Outline:
* Introduction to Makeup and Beauty Care
* Understanding Face Shapes and Structures
* Foundation and Colour theory
* Brow definition, Highlighting and Contouring the eyes
* Makeup techniques for different occasions
* Skincare basics: types, conditions and care
* Professional tools, Ethics and Hygiene

Date: 10th Feb to 10th Mar
Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm (daily)
Fees: #35,000 (registration, tuition and certificate)

To Enrol:
1) Pay to Diamond Bank
     ANNIE LA BELLE

2) Send name, contact and payment details to ANNIE LA BELLE via text message or email, you will be contacted

Learn a skill and become an asset in 2015. Come be empowered for greatness!

CONTACT US
annielabelle11@ymail.com 
08189872326; 08145147761
89 Iju road by Taqwa b/stop
Ifako Ijaiye, Agege.
Lagos.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Not Born With Silver Spoons [PICTURES] by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2015
Grin baba!!! Continue to rest in peace cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Most Beautiful Girl Ever!!!!!!! So SEXY! / How Can This Be A Guy?? Please Take A Look closely. Woman-Men / [old] Ay And Mabel Wed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.