Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

$41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report (1432 Views)

Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 / N60 Billion Stolen From Treasury Single Account / $400 Billion Stolen From Nigeria World Bank:Why Are People Against Buhari Probe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by Surplus90(m): 1:10am On Feb 03, 2015
Nigeria, the world’s seventh largest producer of
hydrocarbon, accounts for about 68.1 per cent of
the total revenue Africa is losing annually as a
result of illegal transfer of revenues abroad.
The report of the Thabo Mbeki High Level Panel
on Illicit Financial Flows from Africa adopted on
Sunday by African Union Heads of State and
Government at their summit in Addis Ababa,
Ethiopia said about $40.9billion (about
N6.87trillion) of an estimated $60billion (about
N10.08trillion) lost through such transfers from
Africa are traced to Nigeria.
The funds are stolen through corruption, tax
evasion and illegal transfer of profits by
multinationals, the AU said.
Nigeria, which produces an average of 2.3million
barrels of oil daily as the leading hydrocarbon
producer in Africa, is being ravaged by poverty
and underdevelopment.
The report also identified Egypt and Morocco as
the other countries with the largest estimates of
illicit financial flows statistics of $28.2billion and
$20.3billion respectively.
Cumulatively, Nigeria and Egypt topped the list of
ten African countries by illicit financial transfers
between 1970 and 2008, with $217.7billion
(about N36.57trillion), or 30.5 per cent, and $
105.2billion (about N17.67trillion), or 14.7 per
cent respectively, while South Africa had $
81.8billion (about N13.74trillion), or 11.4 per
cent.
Concerned by the high losses through these illegal
transfers, which was identified in 2011 as one of
the threats to the inability of most resource-rich
countries in Africa to meet their millennium
development goals, MDGs, the AU at its 4th Joint
African Union Commission/United Nations
Economic Commission for Africa, AUC/ECA,
Conference of African Ministers of Finance,
Planning and Economic Development constituted
the Mbeki Panel to review the underlying issues
stalling Africa’s accelerated and sustained
development objective.
http://newsrescue.com/41-billion-stolen-nigeria-yearly-african-union-au-report/#axzz3QdRhcYnD

Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by Nobody: 2:01am On Feb 03, 2015
"Nigeria and Egypt topped the list of ten African countries by illicit financial transfers between 1970 and 2008"...

We know the leaders then. Buhari, Abacha, Obasanjo and the thieves in-between get case to answer here for sure.

The '53 suitcases' and the N25 Billion allegedly stolen under Buhari’s watch as PTF chairman comes to mind. Interestingly Nigeria was rated most corrupt country in the world by Transparency international under Obasanjo and Abacha.

3 Likes

Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by hyfr(m): 2:11am On Feb 03, 2015
Op is a good digger, how he digs up information is awesome,continue digging and digging. You'll should see where this people will head nigeria too if they're allowed. All these Oil block owners in nigeria will never make heaven. No iota of human sympathy or Love in em.
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by bizlifelines(m): 2:18am On Feb 03, 2015
Today in the newspaper, it was 30trillion naira now it's $41 billion dollars. I wonder how people in government sleep at night shocked

3 Likes

Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by hyfr(m): 2:20am On Feb 03, 2015
calebo101:
"Nigeria and Egypt topped the list of ten African countries by illicit financial transfers between 1970 and 2008"...

We know the leaders then. Buhari, Abacha, Obasanjo and the thieves in-between get case to answer here for sure.

The '53 suitcases' and the phantom N25 Billion stolen under Buhari’s watch as PTF chairman comes to mind. Interestingly Nigeria was rated most corrupt country in the world by Transparency international under Obasanjo and Abacha.
my nigga grin nice work

1 Like

Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by hyfr(m): 2:21am On Feb 03, 2015
bizlifelines:
Today in the newspaper, it was 30trillion naira now it's $41 billion dollars. I wonder how people in government sleep at night shocked
LMAO
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by hyfr(m): 2:23am On Feb 03, 2015
When I saw that picture of Jonathan, the word PROPAGANDA came into my mind
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by courage54(m): 2:29am On Feb 03, 2015
PDP thieves
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by bokohalal(m): 2:57am On Feb 03, 2015
PDP.
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by oduastates: 2:58am On Feb 03, 2015
We all know where most of these leaks are coming from. The same thing soludo said yesterday.
People seem underedtimating how much these thieves are stealing.
Let me put it in perspective.
Most Americans,Brits , Germans , Australia etc will stop working and simply retire ,if they had just 1 million pound sterling .
£1,000,000 only.
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by owobokiri(m): 3:04am On Feb 03, 2015
If they stole and invested that in the country, that will be easier to deal with,. But here, they steal, allow multinationals and foreign nationals to steal too as if there is a competition to loot the country down. It is a corruption bazzar.
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 03, 2015
this is serious, I wonder how the next generation is going to be if the present generation is suffering from corruption and looting of our revenues this is getting out of hand from our corrupt politicians. at times I wonder why voting these politicians that does not recognise me, standing for hours just to vote for a head that only cares for his family. sometimes I shake my head when ever I read news about political thugs that fight each other and kill them selves, those fighting for a party have no future cause people they are fighting for does not recognise them.

let me ask this question.

where are the children of the politicians you fighting for?

what most politicians do is to use u during election and dump u after getting to the position.......

think wisely and say no to violence.
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by Pavore9: 4:15am On Feb 03, 2015
Nigeria....Rich Country,Corrupt Leaders!
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by edo3(m): 4:46am On Feb 03, 2015
O ma wa gao.
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by KHAYGOLD(m): 5:03am On Feb 03, 2015
It has been worse under GEJ. That's why everybody is endorsing him to have his/her own share. Smartass people. They are only endorsing him publicly and dis-endorse him on election day. Its gonna be a massive defeat to PDP on February 14.
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by emeka20091: 8:27am On Feb 03, 2015
This time around the report is coming from AU...how can our govt. Deny all these
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by emeka20091: 8:29am On Feb 03, 2015
owobokiri:
... It is a corruption bazzar.
lmao...

1 Like

Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by BlackTechnology: 8:32am On Feb 03, 2015
Lies

How can the money stolen be more than the money Nigeria can generate annually
undecided

APC propaganda
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by fkaz(m): 8:38am On Feb 03, 2015
“There is no corruption but mere stealing in Nigeria” - president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by crownprince102: 8:40am On Feb 03, 2015
Their days are numbered!
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by ugoogift: 8:43am On Feb 03, 2015
Of course billions will always be missing...how many billions is always unknown to many...9ja is been raped annually
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by double0seven(m): 8:52am On Feb 03, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Lies

How can the money stolen be more than the money Nigeria can generate annually
undecided

APC propaganda

did you hit your head on the ground? What does APC have to do with this?
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by Ngozi14: 8:55am On Feb 03, 2015
double0seven:

did you hit your head on the ground? What does APC have to do with this?
good question...a chilled drink for you
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by egift(m): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2015
bizlifelines:

$41 billion dollars Yearly vs 30trillion naira in 4 years. One thing is certain there is Massive Looting under the leadership of Jonathan.
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by Youngzedd(m): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2015
Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 03, 2015
calebo101:

The '53 suitcases' and the N25 Billion allegedly stolen under Buhari’s watch as PTF chairman comes to mind. Interestingly Nigeria was rated most corrupt country in the world by Transparency international under Obasanjo and Abacha.
With due respect Sir, Buhari has no case against him. No N25 billion was missing/stolen under Buhari's watch... The 53 suitcase story is a ruse
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by sammyj: 9:24am On Feb 03, 2015
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 03, 2015
owobokiri:
If they stole and invested that in the country, that will be easier to deal with,. But here, they steal, allow multinationals and foreign nationals to steal too as if there is a competition to loot the country down. It is a corruption bazzar.
Thanks to Jonathan that isn't doing anything about corruption
Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by owobokiri(m): 9:31am On Feb 03, 2015
barcanista:
Thanks to Jonathan that isn't doing anything about corruption

Politics aside; do you actually see Tinubu, Saraki, Sylva, Atiku and Amechi as people who will remind Buhari to fire from all cylinders on his much vaunted promise to unleash an anti corruption crusade?? Talk true make shame catch devùù

1 Like

Re: $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 03, 2015
owobokiri:

Politics aside; do you actually see Tinubu, Saraki, Sylva, Atiku and Amechi as people who will remind Buhari to fire from all cylinders on his much vaunted promise to unleash an anti corruption crusade?? Talk true make shame catch devùù
I never have confidence in the people you mentioned. I only like Tinubu for sourcing smart people. Saraki, Sylva and Atiku have never been my favorite... Except one chooses to forget the past.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shocking!:who Is Really Fighting Boko Haram? / David Mark Should Be Impeached. / Photo: A PDP Agent With Fake Result Sheet Apprehended In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.