Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe (55345 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa / 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
the same way you guys have the misconception about igbo loving money to much forgeting that every body love money thats why they work so hard to get it.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
Yorubas are good in bed!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Neplusultra(f): 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nneka123:
yes you're right. I've always got a thing for Yoruba guys and my friends think I'm weird lipsrsealed. I plan to date one soon smiley
Erhm...Nneka, u r OYO!!
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by macof(m): 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
fuckerholic:

Wetin dey worry you na ?

Can't you see the stupidity in that part of the OP?
What does he mean by "Yoruba before christianity were fetish" and "now we have seen the light"
This is purely a means to insult the Yoruba people

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by afeezmore: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
Goahead:
Yoruba people naturally does not build they own home rather; they choose to live in the one their for fathers build for them... Which are merely kpako.
the man wey build the house no be yoruba man which one your papa build.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Neplusultra(f): 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
MichaelAustin:
you want to know a yoruba man's house? Pls check the curtain
Hahahahahahaa! Wuna no go kill person for dis NL, which one be curtain again?! Laff wan tear my belle here grin grin cheesy
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by oyeleyemaureen(m): 7:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nigeria has d best universities in yoruba land with the likes of oau, unilag, ui, uniilorin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:
huh gist me, if u never sample up to 2 dozen, u re in no position to say dat o
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Neplusultra(f): 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
MichaelAustin:
yoruba people are ugly
Bros easy na cheesy
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by isokey: 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
Lemon12:
Lol and they sabi postrate like ....
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Aystarz: 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
Neplusultra:
Erhm...Nneka, u r OYO!!

Swerve jor. U think she's a bigot like ur sorry self.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by vislabraye(m): 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
@ OP : why do U have to mention other tribes and how they drink just to justify your

I never knew people had all these misconceptions about Yoruba people. I only hear about the dirty part, promiscuous part and the coward part the most grin.

I have quite a number of Yoruba friends and they are cool so far. That is those who did not grow up in the village.

As for being fetish, any one who wants to do jazz will refer you to Ijebu Ode. If the person is an Alfa and from Ijebu, only Jesus can save that victim (oh I forgot to mention that Hausa jazz id one of the strongest too.)

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by searider(m): 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
The Yorubas can gossip; especially the ones from Ibadan. Dem fit kill wif gossips.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Neplusultra(f): 7:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Aystarz:

Swerve jor. U think she's a bigot like ur sorry self.
Lol! U don dey write application alrdy?
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Ninilowo(m): 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
I won't say much buh lets cast our minds back to the days of military junta and see which tribe was at the fore front of fighting against the tyrants.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Actjulius: 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
okosodo:
They are dirty sha. Even God knows

You and others like you with this "Yorubas are dirty" view are probably leaving in the slum where everyone and everywhere is dirty!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Isiterere(m): 8:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Wetin I do? grin
your last comment.

grin
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by thecommunist(m): 8:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
paulavon:
It is a misconception that the Yorubas are the most intelligent in the country,there are more intelligent people in Edo and Delta.

There is no denying the fact that most yorubas are cowards and very timid. They do not feel safe outside south-west.

It is a misconception also that they are very respectful,they mainly show respect to their folks and people they know.You cannot see a yoruba person lieing down to greet an elder from another tribe.
dey there they deceive yourself, you know as well as i know that yoruba people are the most intelligent, the number of nobel laureates and professors in the yoruba tribe can attest to that
and your people keep saying yoruba are cowards and timid, why? because we refuse to fight your battles for you. what foolish man will fight another's battle? when we are not jesus christ the messiah!
and about yoruba peeps not respecting people outside their tribe,well...respect is reciprocal, why should a yoruba guy prostrate to greet an elderly person from a tribe he knows fully well that their younglings wont reciprocate to yoruba elders? and to make matter worse, these youglings are never corrected because "it is not in their culture"

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
Lemon12:
oloriburuku somebody
olosi omo ale alakori oponu ayirada

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Vado(m): 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
It's personal most of these stereotypes. However, my suave is through the roof as a yoruba guy. Some bunch of lames can't just conclude you're this or that & you just suck it in.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by nnasino(m): 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
I love yorubas, they have strong culture and are generally the most humble of all the tribes yet amongst the most achieving. Cheers to you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by thecommunist(m): 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ninilowo:
I won't say much buh lets cast our minds back to the days of military junta and see which tribe was at the fore front of fighting against the tyrants.
please tell them , where were the other tribes when NADECO was confronting abacha's military junta?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
phinerd:
oloshi
ashewo ole. See as your body and mouth odur fill my compound. Even your toto dey smell reach here

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Ukeachu1(m): 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
Actjulius:

You and others like you with this "Yorubas are dirty" view are probably leaving in the slum where everyone and everywhere is dirty!

finishing........... fatality
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Funjosh(m): 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
Lolz Mobuch and B0rn2fork na 5&6 even Seun can not come in between them grin

mobuch:
It is no misconception that it is only the yoruba tribe among other tribes in nigeria that you will see defecating and releasing excreta in public. ÐεƔ are the major reason why the WHO declared nigeria as the country with the worst public shittting system in the world.

B0rn2fuck can bear me witness.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Ukeachu1(m): 8:15pm On Feb 05, 2015
notoriousbabe:
ashewo ole. See as your body and mouth odur fill my compound. Even your toto dey smell reach here

omo bad mouth no be property o.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by tammie24: 8:15pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Agreed but that Yoruba are dirty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
So are the ibos, enter their house u go know

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
mobuch:
It is no misconception that it is only the yoruba tribe among other tribes in nigeria that you will see defecating and releasing excreta in public. ÐεƔ are the major reason why the WHO declared nigeria as the country with the worst public shittting system in the world.

B0rn2fuck can bear me witness.
why not tell seun osewa to bear you witness because he is the still the same yoruba man that gather or all those lifeless and jobless ibo sect opportunity to get life through nairaland

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Ijobaorun(m): 8:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
Dat Yorubas are dirty is a blatant lie. I have an akwa ibom lady as neighbour who is very dirty than 'dirtyness'

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by gratiaeo(m): 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Op what i saw here is fact and not misconception. Yoruba especially Oyo and Osun are dirty
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by notoriousbabe: 8:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ukeachu1:

omo bad mouth no be property o.
man mi,leave me make I deal with dat ashewo kobo kobo.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:

Speaking from experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Ritual Rites Before Entering Ado-Ekiti (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos / Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.