Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (36725 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / Nigerian Couple Reconcile 31 Years After They Divorced / Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by akins56(m): 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
butterflyatalan:

It is poor and wrong for you to judge a whole jungle, based on one experience with tiger. Not right, man.
am not generalizing bro, am only narrating my experience.
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by emerged01(m): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
I'm from a broken home. now I'm married. I can lay down everything to ensure nothing break us apart. I went through hell on earth, I will never... by God grace allow my children to go through same. I thank God for giving me a mother who also acted a father. Broken home is like a curse to the children.

11 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
Broken or dysfunctional, what is the difference? If the latter is the case, you will probably not even know. Surprise! cheesy
How many families are intact or even sane?

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
akins56:
am not generalizing bro, am only narrating my experience.
I know, but STOP IT!! Still do not like your answer
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by queebeediva(f): 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
I don't agree one bit because I have seen a lot of children from broken home who have become most important citizens and due to their upbringing they are expose quickly to the reality of life and they no how to cope well. furthermore, children from a broken home are industrious because they no what it takes to be alive . Children from a complete home can only be complete if the both parent are complete so it all depend on the child.

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by JuicyStar: 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Please your candid advice needed. No insult

U don't need to beg us not to insult u. If there's need for insult u will get one. BUT since the weather is cold over here I won't release any. Make I read the question again sef...ooooh. In the past, my immediate response would have been NO but that will be unfair since the break-up of her parents wasn't her making. The only things I will advise is for any one wanting to marry any product of a broken home is to know how much such breakup has affected the belief of such a person about marriage. Becos most at times, they either don't believe in the institution called marriage or they are quick to back out at the sight of any conflict that arise in their own subsequent marriage. My ink don dey finish...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2015
emerged01:
I'm from a broken home. now I'm married. I can lay down everything to ensure nothing break us apart. I went through hell on earth, I will never... by God grace allow my children to go through same. I thank God for giving me a mother who also acted a father. Broken home is like a curse to the children.
But ma'am, please. If your husband ain't treating you well, don't think you have to die there wink... just saying

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Emasel(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2015
Quite a risky venture, don't think I'll want to gamble it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2015
Yea why not?afteral am getting maried to the girl and not the parents

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by IceDude(m): 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2015
As long as her kpekus isnt broken i can marry her

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by InvertedHammer: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
/
So you meet this lady--wonderful personality and a good job. Everything is going great and you find out her parents are divorced. And that is your deal breaker? Some of you need some maturity. You want a girl from a so-called stable family? Some married men are the women in the relationship. Is that the family you want to get into? I think marriages fail in Nigeria because people are very interested in peripheral factors like family name, wealth, etc and in that process sacrifice their happiness. And when the inevitable happens, God forbid a Nigerian takes full responsibility for his/her bad judgment. It just has to be juju, the devil or an uncle in the village.
/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
emerged01:

Trying to keep a family together no matter what can be hell as well. We should stop generalizing. There are millions of "intact" families in which everyone suffers and which ultimately produce pathological personalities. Equally there are millions of families that are "broken" but create beautiful minds.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

Trying to keep a family together no matter what can be hell as well. We should stop generalizing. There are millions of "intact" families in which everyone suffers and which at the end produce pathological personalities. Equally there are millions of families that are "broken" but create beautiful minds.
kiss genius!

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Progress2468(m): 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
Blade21:
All d ppl saying NO y ? Are de not human beings hmmmm @ op ben from a seperated home doesn't matter de most important thing is de lady involved nd her ideas about marriage not de home she comes from #peace#

But the home she comes from defines her idea about marriage

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by millionboi(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
delugadou:
They turn me on. Their bride price doesn't cost much
bado o
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by andyanders: 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:
It's a risky proposition. Most children from broken homes haven't been taught how to keep a relationship or home together and make one work; and most of them never bother to learn. E no dey hard dem to divorce at the slightest marital inconvenience or check out emotionally. They are usually biased against the estranged parent and the parent's gender due to one-sided accounts from custodial parents.

Anybody intending to marry a product of a broken home would do well to ensure due diligence in determining their marriage ideals and conflict resolution beliefs and methods.

Well said.It is very unfortunate that people go into such relationship by getting married from a broken home without asking questions or by getting to know reasons for the breakup.Most kids who come from a broken home do have some kind of psychological problems as a result of what they have been feed with.

The parents could end up telling them negative or positive side of the reasons for the break up which that child might end up having at teh back of her mind anytime she is going into any relationship. The mother could also wanna make sure that she dictates to her daughter advising her to make sure that the man doesn't look down on her and if he does, she should walk out of the relationship.

I knew a lady from a broken home who later started having issues from her marriage after having 3 kids and later her marriage broke up.She confided in me that it was exactly what happened to her mum, that happened to her.Same way her mother left her marriage and her father later took another wife.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
butterflyatalan:

kiss genius!

Just a brief, fleeting moment of epiphany smiley
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by emerged01(m): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
butterflyatalan:

But ma'am, please. If your husband ain't treating you well, don't think you have to die there wink... just saying

grin I'm a guy. I hold the steering being the head.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=Mindfulness post=38347630]

Just a brief, fleeting moment of epiphany smiley[/quote
You know what? I like you, how about we grab a drink sometime? ]
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by flokii: 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Please your candid advice needed. No insult

I sense you are from a broken home and scared of how your man will take it right?

it wasn't ur choice or fault.. so why not

if it's d lady from a broken home that will give me rest of mind.. I'll marry her

And for d record... such ladies are usually well mannered and trustworthy contrary to what pple belief

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=Mindfulness post=38347630]

Just a brief, fleeting moment of epiphany smiley[/quote

You know what? I like you, how about we grab a drink sometime? ]
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by ifoundmyperfect: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
Yes I Can
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
emerged01:

grin I'm a guy. I hold the steering being the head.
We should totally hang out
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by unikprince(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
They are thongs on the flesh. Was dating one before, had to take to my heels. Won't try it again even with miss world.
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

Just a brief, fleeting moment of epiphany smiley
wink
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Progress2468(m): 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
queebeediva:
I don't agree one bit because I have seen a lot of children from broken home who have become most important citizens and due to their upbringing they are expose quickly to the reality of life and they no how to cope well. furthermore, children from a broken home are industrious because they no what it takes to be alive . Children from a complete home can only be complete if the both parent are complete so it all depend on the child.

Madam it's not about been industrious or becoming an important figure in the society, rather mentaining a level head in the institution called marriage
They are totally 2 diff things

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
unikprince:
They are thongs on the flesh. Was dating one before, had to take to my heels. Won't try it again even with miss world.
Awesome! Good for her, she totally deserves something better from someone better.

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
andyanders:

Well said.It is very unfortunate that people go into such relationship by getting married from a broken home without asking questions or by getting to know reasons for the breakup.Most kids who come from a broken home do have some kind of psychological problems as a result of what they have been feed with.

Possible but their experience can also serve as a valuable source of wisdom. It depends on the individual person, if he or she lets the experience define them negatively or positively.

By the way, how many people do you know who have no psychological problems? grin I tell you MAJORITY have psychological problems. Just browse the internet. grin

The parents could end up telling them negative or positive side of the reasons for the break up which that child might end up having at teh back of her mind anytime she is going into any relationship. The mother could also wanna make sure that she dictates to her daughter advising her to make sure that the man doesn't look down on her and if he does, she should walk out of the relationship.

You said it all. wink

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
unikprince:

By the way, it's 'torns'
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by ChuckD1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
Yes I can. I am from a broken home and I think I understand most of the issues associated with such situations. I guess it'll help me understand her more.

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=butterflyatalan post=38347691][/quote]

Where you staying?
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

Possible but their experience can also serve as a valuable source of wisdom. It depends on the individual person, if he or she lets the experience define them negatively or positively.

By the way, how many people do you know who have no psychological problems? grin I tell you MAJORITY have psychological problems. Just browse the internet. grin

You said it all. wink

Okay.....what's the mother's briefing got to do with her rship with her mate?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? / Nigerian Couple Reunited After 10 Years And Died 24hours Later In Horrible / Valentine: IgbereTV Boss, Anyalekwa Gifts Wife Benz C-Class Kompressor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.