Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists (693 Views)

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists / Transition C’ttee: Buhari Insists On Credible Persons As Bakare Heads Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Drmlab(m): 6:35am On Feb 04, 2015
The Presidential candidate of the All
Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu
Buhari (retd.), on Tuesday said any public official
who betrayed the trust of Nigerians and illegally
enriched himself under his administration would be
made to face the full wrath of the law.
He promised Nigerians that there would be no
hiding place for corrupt elected officials, including
governors and all other government officials in his
administration.
Buhari gave the assurance at the presidential
rally held at the Pantami International Stadium,
Gombe.
He said, “We must do away with corruption as
well as develop the Nigerian economy, if we are
elected into office by the grace of God, any
elected official that is elected or appointed to
serve under me must be transparent, because if
any of them embezzles public funds, he will face
the consequences.”
The presidential hopeful also promised to boost
electricity supply in all parts of the country. He
also pledged to revive moribund industries in
order to address unemployment.
“Our youths are suffering and walking round the
streets without employment but we will strive to
make them gainfully employed, so as to disengage
them from vices that can destroy their future,”
Buhari stated.
The APC presidential candidate said he would
also look into ways of collaborating with advanced
countries to revamp the agricultural sector. He
said schools would also be given a facelift and
qualified teachers would be recruited.
Also speaking at the rally, the National Chairman
of the party, John Odigie-Oyegun, called on the
Nigerian public to vote massively for the APC in
the forthcoming elections to guarantee progress
and development.
He urged all party faithful to obtain their
Permanent Voter Cards so as to have the
opportunity to elect candidates of their choice.
The party’s leader in Gombe State, Senator
Danjuma Goje, described Buhari as the architect
of change.
He urged all supporters of the party to vote
out the Peoples Democratic Party by turning out
in large number on election days and also defend
their votes by ensuring that the votes were
counted in their presence.
The governorship candidate of the party in the
state, Alhaji Inuwa Yahaya, expressed optimism
that the APC would win elections in Gombe
State come February 14 and 28.
The Gombe APC Presidential rally, which was
the 34th in the series, was well attended and it
ended peacefully.

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/my-govtll-punish-corrupt-officials-buhari-insists/
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by eleko1: 6:38am On Feb 04, 2015
cool Over to U FAYOSE,pa kasumu,Bode,and all miserable thieves /anti piputhat doesn't want NIg to progress,una days are numbered. grin cheesy grin.We'll like to see active,bark and bite,vibrant EFCC
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by TeamSimple(m): 6:40am On Feb 04, 2015
And that's why we have asked you to come in till 2019,is that to much to ask as a Nigerian? Sai Baba,Sai Buhari
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Drmlab(m): 6:40am On Feb 04, 2015
sai buhari
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by yomip3t(m): 6:41am On Feb 04, 2015
PDP openly knows long ago that POVERTY is our number one problem. Stop collecting Rice, Sugar, Motorcycle, Cars, Money from them. They will come back and deduct it in million times from us. 16years of no good result! All they give you now won't last for four years.

Good things comes easily and in silent, not by sharing rice e.t.c

Vote wisely!
SAI BUHARI
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by temitemi1(m): 6:43am On Feb 04, 2015
Experiment with tinubu, ameachi n bukola saraki n let Nigerians see how u will punish corrupt officials if by ACCIDENT, I mean by ACCIDENT or error declared winner. GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by temitemi1(m): 6:44am On Feb 04, 2015
Can u Experiment with tinubu, ameachi n bukola saraki n let Nigerians see how u will punish corrupt officials if by ACCIDENT, I mean by ACCIDENT or error declared winner. GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by egift(m): 6:45am On Feb 04, 2015
While Buhari is ready to sanitize the Civil service, prosecute all cases of corruption, grant EFCC's request for a Special Courts for Corruption cases, strengthen Nigeria's penal code, etc - Jonathan on the other hand is promising to use none-existent technology to fight corruption and if you run away or pledge allegiance, he will not come after you.

The choice before Nigerians is very Clear. Vote wisely. Sai Buhari.
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by dokyOloye: 6:57am On Feb 04, 2015
Lol,Ur govt will punish Amechi who is emptying Rivers' coffers to fund Ur campaign?
What abt Tinubu who is also funding Ur campaign,will U also punish him?
What abt Atiku Abubakar, d grand patron of all thieves?
Murtala Nyako nko?
What abt Hell Rufai who revoked NITEL land and allocated to his 2 year old daughter as FCT minister,plus PENTASCOPE scam,BPE scam etc?
Atiku Bagudu,Ur Kebbi state APC Gov candidate who robbed this country dry wt Abacha nko?
Who is this old illiterate trying to decieve?For Ur information,some of us have very sound WASC certificates,we can reason beyond what we see,unlike U.

1 Like

Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by jorlons(m): 7:05am On Feb 04, 2015
YES YOU CAN
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Kagarko(m): 7:25am On Feb 04, 2015
TeamSimple:
And that's why we have asked you to come in till 2019,is that to much to ask as a Nigerian? Sai Baba,Sai Buhari

Yes wooo bross.

This type of fight agaisnt corruption is better than the digital fighting of corruption GEJ said is doing.

Iam even wondering how do you digitally fight corruption? With the way pdp is still clueless on national issues.

1 Like

Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by enugwunno: 7:29am On Feb 04, 2015
Buhari old fool you have no govt and will never have one again not in this present life just go and die thats the next thing for u. evil soul.
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 04, 2015
Supported!

cool
Re: My Government Will Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by msmon(m): 7:41am On Feb 04, 2015
Corruption has obviously been a bane on this country's development, so there nothing wrong if corrupt officials are punished.
Goodluck Jonathan Is A Superior Presidential Material To Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala(Columnist)
www.nairaland.com/2127363/gej-superior-presidential-material-gmb#2127363.3

I’ll Perform Better In My Second
Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan
Assures

www.nairaland.com/2128799/ill-perform-better-second-term#30406396

We Are Not Aware Of Plan For Interim
Government - Nigeria Army

www.nairaland.com/2129048/not-aware-plan-interim-government

(1) (Reply)

FG Bans Foreign Trips For Public Officials / Poll Shift, A Failed Coup – Oyo APC, Oshiomhole / GEJ Media Chat VS Buhari On Amanpour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.