Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Premium Times: If Re-elected, I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term, Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Premium Times: If Re-elected, I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term, Jonathan. (489 Views)

I Will Soon Launch My Foundation; Obasanjo Wanted Third Term – Jonathan Opens Up / If Re-elected, I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term, Says Jonathan / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Premium Times: If Re-elected, I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term, Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 04, 2015

President Goodluck Jonathan has said he would perform better in his second term if elected in the February 14 presidential election.

He stated this on Tuesday when he met with Kogi State traditional rulers in Lokoja, the state capital just before he led other Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, faithful to the Confluence Stadium for the presidential candidate rally.

Mr. Jonathan is the party’s presidential candidate in the election.

He had been fiercely criticised particularly by the opposition for allegedly being incompetent.

In 2011, the president was quoted as saying that he would rule for only one term because what he could not achieve in four years, even if given 100 years, he would not be able to do them.

Mr. Jonathan however told the royal fathers he deserves another term of four years to enable him consolidate on the achievements he has already recorded in his current first term which will end May 29.

The president said most governments do better in their last terms because they have enough time to settle down and plan.

“Whatever we have done in the last four years, we believe that we will even do more in the next four years. Most governments all over the world do better in their second tenure,” Mr. Jonathan said.

“This is because the Presidents are more stable that time, especially in this two-term arrangement. They are more stable. They sit down and plan for the country and focus on key areas.”

The president assured that if elected he would give attention to the Ajaokuta Steel Company of Nigeria.

He also told the traditional rulers that his administration would ensure that steel was included in the nation’s rail system.

The National Chairman of the PDP, Adamu Mu’azu, while addressing the traditional rulers, promised that if voted into power again, the party administration would restore their constitutional roles.

“Our party leader, President Jonathan is leading the crusade to bring you back into the constitution,” Mr. Mu’azu said.

Also speaking, the governor of Kogi State, Idris Wada, said the traditional rulers had always supported the transformation agenda of the PDP government and asked them to continue to do so.

Speaking on behalf of the rulers, the Attah Igala, Idakwo Michael Oboni II, asked the president Jonathan to continue with his laudable programmes.

At the presidential rally, Mr. Jonathan assured that he would make Ajaokuta Steel Company work again because all the legal barriers had been removed.

According to him, steel and iron were very crucial to Nigeria’s economy.

He said, “I wish to tell you that all is set to make Ajaokuta Steel Company to work again.”

The president asked the people of Kogi State to vote massively for him and other PDP candidates on February 14 and 28 as they did in 2011.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/176216-re-elected-ill-perform-better-second-term-says-jonathan.html
Re: Premium Times: If Re-elected, I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term, Jonathan. by yommyphresh(m): 11:12am On Feb 04, 2015
hahahahahahaha. you are a very funny somebody ooo jolanta!
Re: Premium Times: If Re-elected, I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term, Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 04, 2015
cc OAM4J, maclatunji, Ngwakwe, Ikenna351, Afam4eva
Re: Premium Times: If Re-elected, I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term, Jonathan. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
Now I know that Nairaland is not transparent.

(1) (Reply)

Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion / Who Do U Think Will Win This Coming Election? / The Buhari Of My Personal Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.