Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! (1443 Views)

8 Months After Elections, Jonathan More Popular Than Buhari On Social Media / We’ll Catch Shekau Before Elections — Jonathan / Hit Like To Give Jonathan A Sucker Punch For Postponing Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by Gbawe: 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
http://ends.ng/nigerias-position-on-postponing-elections-jonathan-must-immediately-resign/?utm_source=ENDS&utm_medium=facebook

Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign!
4th February 2015

One man cannot continue to destroy and delay the destiny of 170 million people. Nigeria is bigger than Jonathan and will outlive him. Enough has certainly been enough. From the banning of the Super Eagles through the fuel subsidy removal New Year’s gift to this! If the last straw has not yet broken the camel’s back, the failure of this government if elucidated by a true necessity to postpone the elections warrants the immediate resignation of Goodluck Jonathan.

We the people of Nigeria will not continue to suffer for the stupid failures of one man. He had 8 years as Vice and President of the Federal republic of Nigeria to prepare a foolproof electoral system and he pretends to be hustling to make it happen and unable to after 8 years in office? Is he not the commander in chief and head of the Nigerian army, INEC and all other agencies and arms of the government? Is he not the one who rejected the capping of and monitoring of political donations because he said it will be a personal “booby trap?” President Jonathan is the head of INEC and if INEC defaults, Jonathan (and Sambo, with the Senate head, David Mark, and the service chiefs) must go and will go this time. Someone else will continue from this point. Nigerians will not allow them oversee any future process. We have had it!

Though he has lost the right to, Nigerians may allow Mr. Jonathan contest on February 14th, but in the event there is any treacherous attempt to postpone the elections, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan must resign immediately. [size=14pt]I am sure I am speaking for most Nigerians here. We are tired of a corruption embracing, ethic fractionizing, religious polarizing, army undermining, reputation bankrupting, economic collapsing, loan accumulating, criminal pardoning, terror aiding, environment degrading, GMO fraternizing, poverty expanding, job-seeker humiliating, terrorist fire ceasing, money laundering, opposition slandering, commonwealth usurping, ‘prinspal’ humiliating, abducted girls denying, massacre ignoring, cabal indulging, shame stabbing government that will not conduct a simple election for us as and at when due.[/size]

All calls for election postponement go hand in hand with the immediate and unreserved resignation of President Goodluck Jonathan and all his appointed officers, civilian and military. This is the Nigerian position.
Dr. Peregrino Brimah

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by ASL33: 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
FTC things. Since nobody want to comment with 101 views.

Gbawe have they deserted you?
Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
Am not familiar with this news

Has the president physically said he wants to see election postponed?

1 Like

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by owobokiri(m): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
Thread should have been titled: The confused Rants of an APC Dunderhead

1 Like

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by Gbawe: 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
ASL33:
FTC things. Since nobody want to comment with 101 views.

Gbawe have they deserted you?

I don't comment here or start threads to gain responses or 'likes' . I do it to create awareness because that is what is most important to processes in life that you alone cannot control in the search for a favourable outcome for yourself that is dependent on the action of others. The 101 who have viewed the thread,as you claim,will have noted the message . cool cool cool cool

7 Likes

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by nwafuluozoh: 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
Internet noise maker. Just resignation? How about restitution? grin grin grin.

3 Likes

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by ASL33: 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
Gbawe:

I don't comment here or start threads to gain responses or 'likes' . I do it to create awareness because that is what is most important to processes in life that you alone cannot control in the search for a favourable outcome for yourself that is dependent on the action of others. The 101 who have viewed the thread,as you claim,will have noted the message . cool cool cool cool
Ok, continu.

1 Like

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by FRENZYLO: 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
PERGRIMO SHOULD SHUT UP
Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
Gbawe:

gbam! Your post have been fully digested by me.
The otuoke dunce must resign. Enough is enough!!

2 Likes

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
APC have no moral right to talk to anyone about resignation as they don't understand the meaning of the word

1 Like

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by januzaj(m): 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
mikeansy:
APC have no moral right to talk to anyone about resignation as they don't understand the meaning of the word

1 Like

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by brownlord: 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
I thought Tunde Bakare was the first to call for postponement?

Anyway, warreva

1 Like

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by olabukola: 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
Well if GEJ should resign if the election did not hold, the governors and all the elected politicians should step aside too.
Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by Gbawe: 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
berem:
gbam! Your post have been fully digested by me.
The otuoke dunce must resign. Enough is enough!!

Thanks Berem. Some people do not understand the message of the article and the reason I posted it which is that "enough is enough". GEJ has led Nigeria for 5 years. He has only succeeded to destroy a Country some of us love passionately and wish the best for. This is now our democratic chance to vote him out and vote in someone else who can give us what has been denied us by the PDP for the past 16 years.

The voting public needs to be aware that any PDP sit-tight 'mago-mago' will be resisted . Nigerians want change and the entire universe want change for us also. Many non-Nigerians became APC fans when they carried placards for the Chibok girls only to be disappointed by the spineless and callous leadership of GEJ. To the PDP we say "Enough is enough" and "a word is is enough for the wise". You have had your time and failed. Depart peacefully and democratically so that Nigeria can move forward.

1 Like

Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by djon78(m): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
I dont have much to say only that the opposition has to be very very careful because GEJ has been very very lenient. He has allowed free speech and liberty but the opposition has used it to mud sling and say unprintable things about him. They may wake up another darker side of this man, infact they might have woken it up. This is Africa we are talking about where strange things happen, they should look at precedents before: in Zimbabwe where Robert Mugabe completely crushed the opposition and has total grip on the country and still defying the west or is it Rwanda where Paul Kagame also completely crushed the opposition and has at the same time set his country on path of economic development. That is why the opposition has to be very careful, this is not about blowing grammar and rhetorics cause when the shi..t hits the fence the gbege go be too much, the west or Obama no go fit save them. So they should allow peace to be in Nigeria.
Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by iiichidodo: 8:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
Go and die,mumu...
Re: Postponing Elections: Jonathan Must Immediately Resign! by Gbawe: 7:54am On Feb 05, 2015
djon78:
I dont have much to say only that the opposition has to be very very careful because GEJ has been very very lenient. He has allowed free speech and liberty but the opposition has used it to mud sling and say unprintable things about him. They may wake up another darker side of this man, infact they might have woken it up. This is Africa we are talking about where strange things happen, they should look at precedents before: in Zimbabwe where Robert Mugabe completely crushed the opposition and has total grip on the country and still defying the west or is it Rwanda where Paul Kagame also completely crushed the opposition and has at the same time set his country on path of economic development. That is why the opposition has to be very careful, this is not about blowing grammar and rhetorics cause when the shi..t hits the fence the gbege go be too much, the west or Obama no go fit save them. So they should allow peace to be in Nigeria.

Let "strange things" happen. Such will consume GEJ and his family first. Yes this is Africa but things are no longer what they are whereby misruling 'strong men' cower the people always and 'sit-tight' against the will of the electorate. You should , as obtains worldwide, lead the people well or be kicked out by them.

Mugabe is a fast-dying breed and Zimbabwe, without being ungracious about the nation, is a 'unique' example that is no longer the norm. Jonathan should not take his example from Mugabe. He should note the fate of Mubarak, Gaddafi, Blaise Compaore et al. In fact, I will ask GEJ to thread very carefully. The long overdue spirit of "Amandla awetu" (power to the people) is taking hold of Africa and Jonathan should not attempt to defy or deny it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Dumps Pdp(photo) / Youwin: Dailytrust/actionaid Humiliated By Youwin Winners(pics) / Election - Updated Result From INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.