Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,542 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Not An Atheist In A Foxhole - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not An Atheist In A Foxhole (1798 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / An Atheist In Love With A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 4:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
A few hours ago I had a brush in with death....it was fast and very painful.

The short version of the story was that I got on a bike,the bike approached a refuse dump and immediately,a bottle somehow exploded in the refuse dump...impacting I and the bike-man with bottle shrapnel..he lost control of the bike,launching I and him on the open road..

I can't really tell how many times I tumbled over,all I know was that when it was over,a large crowd had surrounded me-all with a sad and pitiful look...

I stood up to find that the bike-man was being ruffled by the crowd and as I stood up,the expression I could see on the crowd was that of amazement...

Anyhoo...I got medical treatment and in all this I never had the feeling or fear of my demise(nor that I have a "guardian angel" ) ..

I just feel indifferent about the experience.....like drinking a cup of coffee..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by johnydon22(m): 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
exactly my brother... hope the okada man was ok tho...

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by kevoh(m): 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
You better go do testimony at the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster tongue and pay your tithe to me as the officiating Minister.

5 Likes

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
Thanks for your concern guys, the bike-man was ok though....
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
Good to know you're all right.
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by Pr0ton: 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2015
You should have tried some spiderman skills and excape the accident cheesy

(Grabs coffee and flies away)
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by DieeDiee: 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
davien:
A few hours ago I had a brush in with death....it was fast and very painful.

The short version of the story was that I got on a bike,the bike approached a refuse dump and immediately,a bottle somehow exploded in the refuse dump...impacting I and the bike-man with bottle shrapnel..he lost control of the bike,launching I and him on the open road..

I can't really tell how many times I tumbled over,all I know was that when it was over,a large crowd had surrounded me-all with a sad and pitiful look...

I stood up to find that the bike-man was being ruffled by the crowd and as I stood up,the expression I could see on the crowd was that of amazement...

Anyhoo...I got medical treatment and in all this I never had the feeling or fear of my demise(nor that I have a "guardian angel" ) ..

I just feel indifferent about the experience.....like drinking a cup of coffee..

Glad you are okay. Did you see the light at least?
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
DieeDiee:

lol, no.....
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by DieeDiee: 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
davien:
lol, no.....

Ha ha ha... Now I'm REALLY sorry. Guess that means you are definitely going to hell - sorry my brother sad sad sad You best start practicing that knee to the ground movement lol
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2015
DieeDiee:

Ha ha ha... Now I'm REALLY sorry. Guess that means you are definitely going to hell - sorry my brother sad sad sad You best start practicing that knee to the ground movement lol
lol....so says the christians and some other religions...
I don't care for mythological things....some people way-back feared being struck down by "sango" and now it's "hell",later on something else.....it's basically an argument from consequence(argumentum ad consequencium I think)

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by plaetton: 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
I am glad that you are okay. We wouldn't want to miss you around here.

However, I have no doubts that you were miraculously saved by the god of the Cassava Stick.
That eba you wacked this afternoon was not for nothing.
wink

5 Likes

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
*Proud atheist stopping by* hope you good man,good thing you didn't base that on an imaginary being having to save you same way I never project my insecurity at him or other people,that's why they call the phenomenon ACCIDENT,goodthing you good without a thing.

2 Likes

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by undercat: 11:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
It's almost as if the bottle was waiting for you. I hope your injuries aren't causing you much discomfort. Thank (name) you survived.

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by undercat: 11:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
My cousin told me she felt an urge to laugh once when she had a gun pointed at her head during a robbery. She's a devout Christian. I think the indifference comes from accepting that you only have so much control over your body's survival.

2 Likes

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 05, 2015
DieeDiee:

What light are you talking about? A dizzy person can see the light as well! angry tongue
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by LordReed(m): 8:17am On Feb 05, 2015
Glad you are OK.

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by philfearon(m): 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Good one...
Maybe at that point in time,you managed to Unconsciously affirm in your mind that you can't die in a stupid Okada accident..You willed yourself to live...
Most of the time,what kill people in accidents is "The Sudden Shock and Rise in High blood Pressure" prior to even the altercation or hit itself!!

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by MrPresident1: 5:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
davien:

Would you have felt this same indifference if you were on a plane and the captain announced that you were about to crash? And you see the earth speeding up to embrace you?

Was your indifference during or after the experience?

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
MrPresident1:

Would you have felt this same indifference if you were on a plane and the captain announced that you were about to crash? And you see the earth speeding up to embrace you?

Was your indifference during or after the experience?
Well,as I said the experience was fast and painful,I did not however(because of that invoke anything to aide me because ofcourse that would be useless)....all I did was try my best to maintain my centre of gravity and keep my head from impacting the floor...
And If I was on a plane about to crash I wouldn't exactly be afraid because I've lived, loved, cared for and have been cared for....all I would think about would be the feelings of my relatives who are deeply religious.....that's it.
Because as far as anyone can tell you only live once....and we all die someday.

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by pesty100(m): 7:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
So sweet defeating one of the theist's most utillised instrument of propaganda-the fear of death... Our cause is a just one

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
undercat:
It's almost as if the bottle was waiting for you. I hope your injuries aren't causing you much discomfort. Thank (name) you survived.
Luckily I got a tiny scrape on the neck,bruises on my arms and legs only....
Ironically someone also told me the same thing that "the devil planted the bottle there"...
All I said was that it's not unusual for people to burn bottles(especially flammable ones),and that it wasn't an impossible event,being that okada usually goes through that route,eventually it could have happened to anybody..
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 8:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
philfearon:
Good one...
Maybe at that point in time,you managed to Unconsciously affirm in your mind that you can't die in a stupid Okada accident..You willed yourself to live...
Most of the time,what kill people in accidents is "The Sudden Shock and Rise in High blood Pressure" prior to even the altercation or hit itself!!
You're right in some sense,I completely kept calm till I got medical attention.....
Right now I really don't know why the crowd was amazed I stood up....I walked to a hospital,registered,got a tetanus shot and my injuries patched up....
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by undercat: 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
davien:
Luckily I got a tiny scrape on the neck,bruises on my arms and legs only....
Ironically someone also told me the same thing that "the devil planted the bottle there"...
All I said was that it's not unusual for people to burn bottles(especially flammable ones),and that it wasn't an impossible event,being that okada usually goes through that route,eventually it could have happened to anybody..

Lol, I guess luck is relative.

True, it's not an impossible event.
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2015
undercat:

Lol, I guess luck is relative.

True, it's not an impossible event.
I just had another accident today...this is really something.
Again I was on a bike,I even advised the bike-man to take it easy and explained my past ordeal to him...
But as we were approaching a gate,a car just immediately came from the side of the gate to turn...
Long story short,the car and the bike were totalled....The bike impacted the side of the car and somersaulted.
As luck would have it I jumped down immediately before the bike somersaulted.
Though this time I escaped uninjured the bike-man was pinned down under his own bike....
I was now the one struggling to get it off him and some passerby who helped me get it off him..
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by kevoh(m): 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
davien:
Again I was on a bike,I even advised the bike-man to take it easy and explained my past ordeal to him...
But as we were approaching a gate,a car just immediately came from the side of the gate to turn...
Long story short,the car and the bike were totalled....The bike impacted the side of the car and somersaulted.
Though this time I escaped uninjured the bike-man was pinned down under his own bike....
I was now the one struggling to get it off him and some passerby who helped me get it off him..

Time to get your car. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by undercat: 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2015
davien:

Nature is just showing off for you. I agree that you need a car tho.

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by DieeDiee: 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2015
Did you see the white light this time? What about your grandmother at least?

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by dalaman: 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
Accidents happen so fast. In split seconds sometimes. I was once involved in an accident along Lokoja Abuja road some years ago. It was fatal because some people lost their lives. It happened so fast, I couldn't even shout Jesus because I was still a believer then. Glad you are OK.

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
Thanks for all your concerns again everyone,this particular one had me so tired I just slept off when I got home....a car is something I can't afford now...I'd stay off bikes for a while though...
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by davien(m): 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
DieeDiee:
Did you see the white light this time? What about your grandmother at least?
Again,no.... grin
Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
dalaman:
Accidents happen so fast. In split seconds sometimes. I was once involved in an accident along Lokoja Abuja road some years ago. It was fatal because some people lost their lives. It happened so fast, I couldn't even shout Jesus because I was still a believer then. Glad you are OK.
Glad
you are,

Not to belittle your experience but once a vehicle almost hit me. It was so sudden that I could not even react, it stopped right next to me. I literally felt my inner being flee the scene and left me without strength to even duck. I died for a moment there.

1 Like

Re: Not An Atheist In A Foxhole by GooseBaba: 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
davien:

Ol boy...! Back to back... Mennn, it must be that your neighbor that is jealousing your swag... Lol..

Good to know that you are okay...

I remember my own car accident, Slammed on my brakes, it felt like slow motion. I Could hear the loud screeching of my tires.. And the only thing on my mind was "my insurance is going to skyrocket"..Gboosa...!!! It happened.. Metal crumbling, witches made the wipers come on....lol..steam and oil smell everywhere. Walked out with no visible injuries, hours later whip lash sets in... Omo, Whip lash is a bastard..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Celebrity Pastors Who Rock And Rule The Beard Gang Family(photos) / Robotic Hands Vs Human Hands / Humans Killed Humans Before God The Creator Of Humans Ever Did.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.