Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

An Atheist In Love With A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist In Love With A Christian (3980 Views)

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Dolemite(f): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2015
The title says it all, I'm in love with this Christian guy so much that if he proposes right now, I would scream YESSSS!! but he's a Christian, I don't mind him going to church but I feel it could strain our relationship later on, what's an atheist girl to do?

3 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Proffdada: 10:37am On Sep 27, 2015
u r not an atheist
u r just confused undecided

11 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by menesheh(m): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2015
Proffdada:
u r not an atheist

How do you know she is not?

4 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Dennygirl: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2015
Leave him and wait till next 10yrs na,

you wouldnt knw wen u will go meet a pastor to pray for ucheesy

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Tallesty1(m): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2015
If the guy is a "True" Christian then he will not propose to you until you join him.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by lomprico(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2015
Does he knw u r an atheist?

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Abugab(m): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2015
Complicated but achievable.
First, what type of marriage do you subscribe to?
What type of marriage does he subscribe to?
Have you guys in all sincerity talked about your religious differences?
If yes, what was the meeting point and the escape from the seeming relgious imbroglio?
If you guys have these questions ironed out, a proposal cum marriage is possible but if not, it could just be for the attraction sake.

3 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by TITOBIGZ(m): 11:06am On Sep 27, 2015
Hmmmmm,waht am i doing here
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 27, 2015
u re just an attention seeker... ode
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Dolemite(f): 7:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
lomprico:
Does he knw u r an atheist?
Kinda, I asked him can you be with an atheist? and his response was very negative.

Abugab:
Complicated but achievable.
First, what type of marriage do you subscribe to?
What type of marriage does he subscribe to?
Have you guys in all sincerity talked about your religious differences?
If yes, what was the meeting point and the escape from the seeming relgious imbroglio?
If you guys have these questions ironed out, a proposal cum marriage is possible but if not, it could just be for the attraction sake.

- A marriage where I don't have to change to please my partner and vice versa.
- I can't tell.
- No we haven't.

We're still in early stages though, but I really want this for long term.

3 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
I am a spiritual atheist who lean toward ATR. My wife is a christian. She is the daugter of a pastor. What I think brings us together is love, respect and understanding. I dont see what the big deal is if you choose to date a christian.

6 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by dalaman: 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
I am a spiritual atheist who lean toward ATR. My wife is a christian. She is the daugter of a pastor. What I think brings us together is love, respect and understanding. I dont see what the big deal is if you choose to date a christian.

Wow! Interesting. So you are married to a Pastors daughter. Nice. What does her family think about your beliefs? It could be a big deal if the guy is fanatical about is christian beliefs.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

Wow! Interesting. So you are married to a Pastors daughter. Nice. How do her family think about your beliefs? It could be a big deal if the guy isn't fanatical about is christian beliefs.

They are not fanatical. Though the relationship was tough when it started. I had a girl who stood on her ground and instited she will marry me no matter who I am. She was disowned when she had pregnant. But I have to bring her in. With so much love, her mother soften the heat from her family. Her dad is hard to relate with yet but I think the fear have reduced. I have visited him twice since we had our son. And I believe as time go on, I will be someone he likes.

5 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by dalaman: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

They are not fanatical. Though the relationship was tough when it started. I had a girl who stood on her ground and instited she will marry me no matter who I am. She was disowned when she had pregnant. But I have to bring her in. With so much love, her mother soften the heat from her family. Her dad is hard to relate with yet but I think the fear have reduced. I have visited him twice since we had our son. And I believe as time go on, I will be someone he likes.

Ok, cool.
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Dolemite(f): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks, what is a spiritual atheist though?

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
Tallesty1:
If the guy is a "True" Christian then he will not propose to you until you join him.
What is a 'true' Christian?

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Dolemite:

An atheist who doesnt believe in God but believes in Gods.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Abugab(m): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Dolemite:

Kinda, I asked him can you be with an atheist? and his response was very negative.

- A marriage where I don't have to change to please my partner and vice versa.
- I can't tell.
- No we haven't.

We're still in early stages though, but I really want this for long term.

Kindly iron out these questions with him going forward.
Marriage is life time and it is also between families, better to sort out all differences prior to be able to manage it successfully.
Wish you the best

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Dolemite:

Spiritual atheist disbelieve in God defined as a person living behind the cloud. However, spiritual atheist believes there are more to human, animal and every matter than their physical body. We believe spirit exist. Traditional atheists disbleieve in God but we try to define our God as energy or force or spirits in nature. Some tends to call this spirit consciousness, psyche, ultimate mind, God or whatever, we understand.

Also, spiritual atheist engage in kind of spirituality without God (defined as human). Our spiritualism like Fela said is To be spiritual is not by praying and going to church. Spiritualism is the understanding of the universe so that it can be a better place to live in.

6 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Spiritual atheist disbelieve in God defined as a person living behind the cloud. However, spiritual atheist believes there are more to human, animal and every matter than their physical body. We believe spirit exist. Traditional atheists disbleieve in God but we try to define our God as energy or force or spirits in nature. Some tends to call this spirit consciousness, psyche, ultimate mind, God or whatever, we understand.

Also, spiritual atheist engage in kind of spirituality without God (defined as human). Our spiritualism like Fela said is To be spiritual is not by praying and going to church. Spiritualism is the understanding of the universe so that it can be a better place to live in.

This is the clearest definition you've given.

Still crap though, but I get the gist.

4 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

This is the clearest definition you've given.

Still crap though, but I get the gist.

ok

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
Dolemite:
The title says it all, I'm in love with this Christian guy so much that if he proposes right now, I would scream YESSSS!! but he's a Christian, I don't mind him going to church but I feel it could strain our relationship later on, what's an atheist girl to do?
On a scale of Deeper Life to Christ Embassy, rank his IQ.

On a scale of 'others will go to heaven' to 'rababrabrobosko' how spiritual is he?

What does he think about you being irreligious?

Would he get his family's consent? On a scale of 'mummy' s boy' to 'moses', how much do you think his family's decision would affect your relationship?

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by dalaman: 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
Abugab:

Kindly iron out these questions with him going forward.
Marriage is life time and it is also between families, better to sort out all differences prior to be able to manage it successfully.
Wish you the best

Very sensible, hope you know that marrying him means marrying his family as well. If you guys are living in Nigeria then it can be a problem for you as a lady.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by lomprico(m): 9:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
V
Dolemite:

Kinda, I asked him can you be with an atheist? and his response was very negative
You have not! Why not tell him first before building d castle.
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 28, 2015
Proffdada:
u r not an atheist

She was born an Atheist just like you.
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Proffdada: 8:02am On Sep 28, 2015
ifeness:

She was born an Atheist just like you.
I can't be an atheist when I've seen and experienced the Truth
Atheist wallow in darkness to hide their guilt and insecurities in the afterlife

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2015
Proffdada:

I can't be an atheist when I've seen and experienced the Truth
Atheist wallow in darkness to hide their guilt and insecurities in the afterlife

And what is the Truth? Don't tell me it involves worshiping someone else

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:11am On Sep 28, 2015
I am not sure that I can marry an atheist.

However, you should be open to your partner and discuss it. I dated a member of Pastor Chris's church and regretted it. I kept quiet when I should have told her how offensive some of her views on christianity are to me.

What will you say when your partner asks you to tithe in their church? Or to join church groups that do not profit you?

The best thing I ever did was to slowly tell her over time that I practice a humble christianity and not materialism. I go to church not to dress flamboyantly or double my money through tithing and surely not to worship a pastor.

3 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Proffdada: 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
ifeness:

And what is the Truth? Don't tell me it involves worshiping someone else
the truth is simply obvious we are created by Supreme Being of Higher intellect and Power beyond the Physical who deserves nothing but praise

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2015
Proffdada:

the truth is simply obvious we are created by Supreme Being of Higher intellect and Power beyond the Physical who deserves nothing but praise

So does the makers of BMW

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Proffdada: 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
ifeness:

So does the makers of BMW
grin
ARE YOU A CAR?

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 01, 2015
Dolemite:

Hi.
I totally understand you.
I'm atheist too dating a very religious girl who I love crazily.
It has its ups and down just try not to be too rigid with your Atheism.
And let your love come first.
I feel as if it will be easier for a male atheist than a female atheist though.

Cheers! smiley

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! / It's Here Again Christ Apostolic Church Youth Conference At Ikeji Ara Ikeji / Why Should We Number Our Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.