Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

INEC Spokesperson Denies Reuters Report On Election Postponement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Spokesperson Denies Reuters Report On Election Postponement (578 Views)

Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text / Election Postponement And The Position Of The Law / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INEC Spokesperson Denies Reuters Report On Election Postponement by midolian(m): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
I write to refute your story in Reuters attributing National Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Amina Zakari, as saying that the 2015 general elections may be delayed if the number of Permanent Voter Cards collected by voters is too low.

I was at the Situation Room Dialogue with INEC in Abuja this morning and I know that the Commissioner spoke in regard of the February 8 deadline for the collection of PVCs, nothing about the schedule of the general elections.

You said she spoke to you 'on the sidelines' of the event. Well, I have checked with the Commissioner and she denied that the issue discussed was the schedule of the 2015 elections. You had during the question-and-answer session at the event asked about the notably low level of collection in some states and the implication for voter turnout, which the Commission had missed out in her responses. Later 'on the sidelines' she explained to you that the number of PVCs already collected rates highly in comparison to the level of voter turn historically in Nigerian elections. Still, she added, INEC has not completely foreclosed the possibility of granting a few days of extension in isolated cases of low percentage of collection after February 8.

The inference you've made for the schedule of elections is entirely yours, and misrepresents the conversation that took place at the event this morning. You will do well to correct the report urgently, please.

Kayode Robert Idowu

Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/04/inec-spokesperson-denies-reuters-report-election-postponement
Re: INEC Spokesperson Denies Reuters Report On Election Postponement by quixotic: 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
a succint rebutal. On february 14 we stand.

1 Like

Re: INEC Spokesperson Denies Reuters Report On Election Postponement by pendy79: 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
FeBUHARI 14th is sacrosanct and can never be tampered with. Who will pay for change in my flight plans if INEC or PDP decide to sheepishly change the dates for the election

Saint Valentine's day is FeBUHARI's DAY.

NO CHANJI,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Ekiti Election Was Rigged / How Ekiti Governorship Election Was Rigged. / Beyond Prof Attahiru Jega Address On 2015 Election Postponement-opinion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.