Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala (1418 Views)

Anambra Has Over 1 Billion Barrels Of Oil & 30 Trillion Cubic Ft Of Gas - Obiano / Missing 30 Trillion: Okonjo-iweala Replies Femi Falana's SERAP / Ribadu rubbishes Soludo's missing 30 Trillion Naira allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by Humblega(m): 10:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
The Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Tuesday said she would no longer reply the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Charles Soludo, over claims that that N30 trillion was stolen under her watch.

Okonjo-Iweala said this while responding to questions on a radio programme on Raypower.

She, however, advised Nigerians not to be deceived by the misinformation by some politicians in the country.

When asked to comment on the alleged missing N30 trillion, the finance minister said: “This is part of the packaged lies that Nigerians must avoid. I don’t want to enter into that debate, we have answered him (Soludo) and I don’t want to join issues with him because you don’t join issues when things don’t make any sense.”

She explained that the forensic report on the alleged unremitted oil revenue by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) that was submitted to the presidency by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) on Monday was never under her ministry, contrary to the insinuations by some members of the public.

“There is a lot of misinformation that is being put out and it is sad for me. I have not been controlling the audit, it is the Auditor General. Nigerians have been misinformed. They left out the fact that the Auditor-General was in charge of the report.

“I was only interviewed for it and there was no way I could be in charge, but some people decided to paint it as if I was in charge of the report and that is very unfortunate.

“It is part of the packaging and misinformation in this politics, and it has to stop because Nigerians cannot be continuously deceived,” the minister said.

Responding to a question on if the country is broke, Okonjo-Iweala reiterated that 2015 is going to be a “very tough year,” adding that: “This question of the economy is broke has been going on for four years now.

“People in the opposition have tried to package this and they have been saying this because they just wish the economy will be broke because they want to get Nigerians alarmed.

“They want to make them feel hopeless about the economy. But Nigerians cannot be deceived. All these three years that they have been saying that the country is broke, has the economy not been running?

“Now they saw that oil prices are falling and they are holding on to that. I have been very clear in saying that it is going to be a difficult year for the country, but this is something we can manage.”

Continuing, she said: “The other story going around is that we are not able to pay salary. In December, the reason why salary took so long was because the payroll system we are using actually locked out some agencies when they tried to pay more people that are not in the system. The system locked out 14 agencies and we had to restore them for payment manually.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/04/missing-n30trillion-wont-reply-soludo-okonjo-iweala/
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
Swit maama na so.

1 Like

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by eaglechild: 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Silence is the best answer to......

GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by obamartins(m): 10:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Silence is the best answer to a fool and soludo is just looking for relevance.

2 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by Ikengawo: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
[size=15pt]“They want to make them feel hopeless about the economy. But Nigerians cannot be deceived. All these three years that they have been saying that the country is broke, has the economy not been running?"
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by megaik: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
The kind money these people dey mention fit crash my fone ooo

3 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by nwafuluozoh: 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
Way to go ma'am. Don't allow yourself to be distracted from the task of making our economy one of the best in the world. Soludo, calm down and learn how it's done. Inugo?

5 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by saaedlee: 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2015
By the time this woman retires, that is when we'll all know the evil she has been committing in that ministry! Manage what? abeg she'd better stop all that!

Meanwhile, Vote General Muhammadu Buhari for President!

10 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by clevvermind(m): 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
eaglechild:

GEJ till 2019
fool

1 Like

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
Truth is really bitter.

Sorry o madam Ngozi!

grin grin

God bless Charles "the solution" Soludo.

8 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by clevvermind(m): 10:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
obamartins:
Silence is the best answer to a fool and soludo is just looking for relevance.
soludo is a perfect liar. the woman should not even bother about him.

3 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by holatin(m): 10:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
if someone accused me wrongly, I will reply so people won't ve bad notion about me, but if i truly did what am accuse off, I will behave like okonjo

in one word, okonjo proof soludo wrong or you are chairwoman of thievery corporation, pilfering organisation and looters club

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by 88natzy(m): 10:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
No Mrs. You will ooo. I know Soludo has something He will still tell us after elections.
Hear me Soluboy, go get some hot ORIGIN for yourself and chill while you unleashe your eye opening loopholes of our present leaders. Obj inclusive.
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by absoluteSuccess: 10:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
NEMESIS
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by spott(m): 10:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
When Buhari becomes the president, you have a lot to explain to the people you must talk by fire by force.....

4 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by oduastates: 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
So says a lazy and incompetent woman who presented a budget proposal ,containing train ticket allocations for nigerian diplomats , in an African country without a rail system.

4 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by zimoni(f): 11:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
Nice response there Madam.

Don'y mind the Yeye Professor, he should submit his CV for consideration if he's looking for a job.

Awon Smellows.

Jonathan Till 2019.

Lobatan.

Hahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaha
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by lacasa: 11:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
Madam big lips

Soludo raised salient points, account for the alleged sums or forever be tagged a deceitful jezebel of a 'co-ordinating' minister angry

#Vote4GMB/PyOFeb14

2 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by mumumugu(m): 11:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
Soludo kept quiet when sanusi was exposing oceanic bank and intercontinental.

Now election is near,he is advocating for appointment indirectly.
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by Humblega(m): 6:12am On Feb 05, 2015
eaglechild:
GEJ till 2019
ds case require more Dan silence. its Nigeria treasury we ar talking about. not okonjo personal money

2 Likes

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by beejaay: 7:03am On Feb 05, 2015
holatin:
if someone accused me wrongly, I will reply so people won't ve bad notion about me, but if i truly did what am accuse off, I will behave like okonjo

in one word, okonjo proof soludo wrong or you are chairwoman of thievery corporation, pilfering organisation and looters club
same way buhari have replied about his certificate and even produce his original certificate..did u see how a hypocrite u are?
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by a2personal2013: 7:08am On Feb 05, 2015
A prophet is never valued at home. I blame the freedom of speech. Well said madam, do not honour him with a reply. We know their strategies and know for sure, they will be exposed.
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by AnusOdourInhaler: 7:12am On Feb 05, 2015
Economic terrorist
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by alaoeri: 7:16am On Feb 05, 2015
NOI don chop humble pie & hiding her face behind one finger, instead of beating about the bush why not come out with facts & figures to dispute Soludo's claims or better still a debate will lay the issues to rest.
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by holatin(m): 7:44am On Feb 05, 2015
beejaay:
same way buhari have replied about his certificate and even produce his original certificate..did u see how a hypocrite u are?
what is this one saying ?they say he didn't ve a certificate and he provide his exam number, do you still want his school sandal or socks.

keep spewing trash while GEJ and his goons sell Nigeria and collect receipt.
instead of you mind about the country finance and economy, you talking about certificate that wount add to your life nor subtract from it
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by tatosh: 7:56am On Feb 05, 2015
Who thinks Stealing is not Corruption?

Who sent 75,000 soldiers to Osun state for election but sent 30,000 soldiers to fight Boko Haram?

Who goes abroad for treatment at every opportunity and still tells us he has made progress in the health sector?

Who has not prosecuted any single corrupt official since he assumed office?

Who has received the highest amount of money ever from the sale of crude oil in Nigeria and yet has nothing to show for it?

Who does his normal duties as a president and celebrates it as transformation?

Who put his kinsmen who are the original crude oil thieves to watch over the same crude oil for Nigerians?

Who keeps promising the same thing without acting for the past six years?

Who is trying to please Nigerians at the last minute?

Who is going back to Otueke in May 2015?

Do not waste your vote
The need for a CHANGE! in government cannot be overemphasised.
Vote for Change!

1 Like

Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by tatosh: 8:10am On Feb 05, 2015
It is obvious there is so much truth in the facts and figures quoted by Professor Soludo which the FG cannot even reasonably defend.
What I still don't understand is why some Nigerians who after knowing the truth will still support this government. It baffles almost to the point of tears.
Is it that we just don't want our country to move forward or what?

The need for a CHANGE! In government cannot be overemphasised. It is not about PDP or APC or GEJ & Buhari, it is just about a change in government
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by wirinet(m): 8:20am On Feb 05, 2015
So who would you reply then?

Obi Ezekwesili challenged you to a debate about the poor state of the Nigerian economy, you won't reply her.

Sanusi challenged to a debate on the massive stealing of oil receipts under your watch, you won't reply him.

Now prof. Soludo is challenging you to a debate on missing/unaccounted for/missappropriated N30 trillion and the poor state of the Nigerian economy, you won't reply him also.

And someone will tell us that it is Buhari that is scared of debates.
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by minister2015: 9:10am On Feb 05, 2015
NOI hasn't brought to bear her academics' ingenuity. Why is NOI manipulating NBS figures. Her days r numbrd.
SAI GMB/PYO
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by shevalync: 9:18am On Feb 05, 2015
Silent means consent.
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by Humblega(m): 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
AnusOdourInhaler:
Economic terrorist
lol
Re: Missing #30 Trillion: I Wont Reply Soludo Again- Okonjo-iweala by laudate: 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
mumumugu:
Soludo kept quiet when sanusi was exposing oceanic bank and intercontinental.

Now election is near,he is advocating for appointment indirectly.

Don't mind Soludo. His 'consolidation' experiment in the banking sector left many bankers without jobs and without homes.

May God forgive him..

(1) (Reply)

HILARIOUS GEJ Vs GMB Rap Video. Dedicated to Barcanista. Have Fun. / Amazing!! See What Buhari Did At The Airport / Pictures of the APC Symbol That Really Got Me Laughing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.