Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari (3258 Views)

How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report / Sultan Snubbed Jonathan Before Election, JNI Says; Denies Receiving N12bn / Why Morocco’s King Snubbed Jonathan’s Phone Call Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by hauwababy: 6:39am On Feb 05, 2015
When the presidential candidate of APC, Gen Buhari, visited the Oba of Benin to seek for his support and endorsement, people were shocked because the Oba did not come out to acknowledge his presence. People got talking and felt it was a subtle way of showing he did not endorse Gen Buhari.

Edo people instead looked forward to Pres. Goodluck Jonathan's visit because they felt he would endorse him by receiving him. He also did not receive him.

Instead, just like Gen Buhari, Pres Goodluck was received by the most senior palace chief, the Iyase of Benin Kingdom, Chief Igbe.

This development has got people wondering if the Oba does not like either of the aspirants or if he wants to be neutral on the issue.

http://www.yeoal.com/2015/02/oba-of-benin-refused-to-endorse.html

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 05, 2015
@OP...re u a picture reader or what? Speaking of a mere picture doesnt brings this to reality. So, wise up
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by orobs93(m): 6:58am On Feb 05, 2015
Our oba does not have time for nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by ibkgab001: 7:01am On Feb 05, 2015
Good for him ... Tell the Oba to get ready for his anti social behavior
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by ibkgab001: 7:02am On Feb 05, 2015
Good for him ... Tell the Oba to get ready for his anti social behaviour
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by Alphaoscar: 7:05am On Feb 05, 2015
You don't force an 0BA to do your bidding and he's entitled to receive whoever he wishes to receive or not.
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 05, 2015
Traditional rulers and religious leaders should not anything to do with these people in the first place!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by amakaobiemeka: 7:10am On Feb 05, 2015
the oba is seriously ill and not only has he avoided these functions but his throne is always empty for months now. Trust me that is the truth, he is over 100 and close to endtime. But his next of king the edaiken is an apc man of oshomole as well as 80% chiefs

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by okosodo: 7:11am On Feb 05, 2015
The oba is not predisposed to seeing visitors now. He has not been seen in public for some time now

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by iluvnaija: 7:13am On Feb 05, 2015
No one knows his health status. Last time I saw him on TV during last IGUE festival he was looking very old and weak.

So, Oba didn't and will not snub them, I believe he wasn't strong enough to see tjem.
I pray God strengthens him.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 05, 2015
hmm....from d pix I tink he only snubbed that granpa aspirant with inactive sperm + weak erection
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by Agbgift(f): 7:18am On Feb 05, 2015
@op stop spreading baseless news. The Oba is indisposed at the moment. For awhile nobody has seen him in functions because of his health challenges. Pls you people shouldnt use your politics to rub the Oba or the palace this period.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by psucc(m): 7:44am On Feb 05, 2015
Let they be peace in NL.
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by tonychristopher: 8:09am On Feb 05, 2015
That oba of Benin is gone I must say..what British did to the oba will be a child play and what Igbo did to oba during the Midwest occupation will be a funny play.

They will come for him ..divide his kingdom and make him warrant chief

But I respect the oba.. not all these cheap kings raping girls and buying Okada for parties and bleaching the wrinkled skin
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by Afroconnect: 8:10am On Feb 05, 2015
All these nonsense politicians...if the man is not good enough,the Oba can not endorse them.

Nigerians always tolerating thieves and mediocres in power,Oba can not stomach all these nonsense politricks.
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by Afroconnect: 8:15am On Feb 05, 2015
tonychristopher:
That oba of Benin is gone I must say..what British did to the oba will be a child play and what Igbo did to oba during the Midwest occupation will be a funny play.

But I respect the oba.. not all these cheap kings raping girls and buying Okada for parties and bleaching the wrinkled skin
You are a scum...these ur weak criminal politicians can not do that-the country is insignificant when it comes to the Edo's and the throne.
Weak country...the Benin Kingship is above the Nation to the Edo's,cos of its integrity and strenght.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by hauwababy: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2015
2undexy:
@OP...re u a picture reader or what? Speaking of a mere picture doesnt brings this to reality. So, wise up
*Lol* @picture reader. It is a known fact in Benin that this is what happened.
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by 3agStudyAbroad: 10:02am On Feb 05, 2015
Do you want to study in UK, USA, CANADA, GERMANY, AUSTRALIA, HOLLAND, MALTA, NEW ZEALAND, TURKEY, CYPRUS? For your foundation, Undergraduate, top-up, post graduate (pre masters & masters) programs. Contact 3AG! We have offices in Lagos, Abuja and Benin! Call 08189459825 for enquiries!
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by gebest: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2015
Omònòbànèdò ukwa opolopolo oba eredauwa oba of benin, òbå åtopeì ìsè. Edo nìmòsè

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by Reptyle(m): 10:26am On Feb 05, 2015
In these day when religious and political leaders are transforming into closet politicians, I think the Oba of Benin's decision not to see either candidates is the best.

No one can claim the Oba of Benin's achievement as a trophy as it stands.
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by bokohalal(m): 11:40am On Feb 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

The problem with the Igbos is that they do not know how to play politics. It is to be expected as they never had a kingdom of note were palace intrigues determined the survival or otherwise of a policy.
Even in everyday social interaction, the Igbo is found wanting. Is it any wonder that when an Edo calls someone an Igbo, it is a curse?
The only good Igbo politicians are those ones that were not homegrown such as Nnamdi Azikiwe and lately, Rochas.
As for the Tonychristophers of this world, whose worldview were formed in the backwater of Igboland, commenting on political issues is not their forte. Their lack of exposure is evident. They could do well to desist from commenting on matters beyond their grasp.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by dealslip(f): 11:43am On Feb 05, 2015
All I know us that we Nigerians should stop whipping up sentiments on behalf of our preferred candidate. If violence should erupt after this coming election. They will simple up into their private jets to stronghold they have prepared for themselves, their family and generations unborn while they leave us to tear ourselves up having successfully divided us along religious and ethnic lines. While we are at each others in throat, they will be negotiating with the foreign powers on how to share our resources. Even the militants have private jets to get them out of this country. Our voting power doesn't end at the polls. It should first be activated in our private lives as well by first separating ourselves from their mudslinging which is their ploy to distract us while serious negotiations are going on behind back doors. Various media outlets is being used to manipulate us into thinking we decide what goes on in Nigeria. The forthcoming election is just a struggle between the old cabal and an emerging one. This people have no respect us, see the way they throw recharge cards, noodles, rice and T shirt at us as if that is our immediate need. Litter the whole streets with their election posters. people decide to vote not because they see photo shopped posters but by the work such politicians have done. Don't be used, we are not ignorant of the devices of the enemies.

we as citizens should equally shun corruption; from helping to manipulate figures to rejecting bribe to rejecting gifts from politicians. politicians are not successful in their corruption because they are smart but because we support them through our complacency, ineptitude, selfishness, favouritsm, indiscipline and sometimes laziness. We are the root of corruption, if we can stamp it out of our lives, politics will stop been interesting to them. I believe it is possible to stamp it out but it first starts with me then you. They are not our salvation we are, they are not our messiah we are. Let each man instruct himself first and his household then the change will come, the tribalism and religious sentiments we display was inherited from past generations, let our children inherit love, hard work, respect and integrity from us. It is possible to change Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by ruffhandu: 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
He may just be indisposed at this time.
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

Why this comment ?? You sound very ignorant and disrespectful.
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
bokohalal:

The problem with the Igbos is that they do not know how to play politics. It is to be expected as they never had a kingdom of note were palace intrigues determined the survival or otherwise of a policy.
Even in everyday social interaction, the Igbo is found wanting. Is it any wonder that when an Edo calls someone an Igbo, it is a curse?
The only good Igbo politicians are those ones that were not homegrown such as Nnamdi Azikiwe and lately, Rochas.
As for the Tonychristophers of this world, whose worldview were formed in the backwater of Igboland, commenting on political issues is not their forte. Their lack of exposure is evident. They could do well to desist from commenting on matters beyond their grasp.

I know Tony Christopher pissed you off but you can at least try not to deceive yourself. Who cares what Edo man thinks? I lived in Bini and we looked at them as very primitive and fetish bunch...How you like that ? We have negative things to say about you just like have of us,so take your bini and ur oba and shove 'em up your a..ss.
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by tonychristopher: 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Why this comment ?? You sound very ignorant and disrespectful.

how ...i said i respect the oba of a man

what is disregardful about that
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by tonychristopher: 12:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

I know Tony Christopher pissed you off but you can at least try not to deceive yourself. Who cares what Edo man thinks? I lived in Bini and we looked at them as very primitive and fetish bunch...How you like that ? We have negative things to say about you just like have of us,so take your bini and ur oba and shove 'em up your a..ss.

i lived at Siluko near oliha market, I still see these edo peeps are backward and fetish, shouting oba ota okpa ewu

I never regrad them ,maybe their woman

I touched his raw nerce

koor

laor or whatever

nna eziokwu ka m gwara ya
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by tonychristopher: 12:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
bokohalal:

the problem with benin is that they are armed robbers and their women prostitutes and their old folks diabolic
Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by atlwireles: 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
[s]
tonychristopher:

[/s]

You are one of those Ids on NL, that always shows up to make insulting tribal remarks always pretending to be Igbo. The moment you see any topic involving the old Midwest , you jump and run your mouth. You are just a pathetic, childish troll.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by EdCure: 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
The Oba is indisposed.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari by Afroconnect: 1:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

There certainly are great personalities from both sides...but pls respect the great history behind that throne-not even the British fighting force could decimate it.
Still going strong-700yrs strong.

The British were envious of the arts and culture and so many of Edo men works are in their prestigious museams.

When I talk of the history of a people I mean their strenght,arts,culture and rich heritage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Nigerians Under Fire In South Africa / Has Federal Government Paid April 2015 Salary? / See The First Known African Slave To Purchase His Freedom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.