Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters (3145 Views)

Police And INEC Officials Pull Their Shoes Off To Cross Flooded Area In Edo / Ammunition Recovered From A Residential Area In Borno. PICS / Inec's Grace Okar Is Disenfranchising Over 1000 Registered Votters In SURULERE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 11:00am On Feb 05, 2015
Please nairaland, this is a verifiable info. I registered to vote at Agungi Mosque Ajiran in 2011, thus when it was time for PVC pick up, I went to the mosque for pick up but noticed that INEC had no presence there.

Subsequently I read in the papers that all registered voters should go to their local government council for PVC cards. I did visit my local council and I was directed to go to IKota primary school towards VGC to pick up my PVC.

Since a month and half INEC officials have been tossing me around. Upon my first visit, I presented my TVC with which they identified me on the list but when they checked based on my ward number 028 for my PVC, they could not find it. I was told to write down my name and serial number which I did. The lady further instructed me to visit the week after that INEC will send new card for me. I visited and they told me new cards are yet to come and they directed I vist this week (which is three weeks from the day I first visited). The lady told me yesterday that she is sorry that my card cannot be available before elections.

I threatened to arrest them for selling my PVC and the lady out of fear confessed they have nothing to do with missing PVCs that all questions should be directed to the local government chairman and Jega that they are only doing as instructed.

I was aghast and stunned and realized that something is fundamentally wrong with our country, the system and pathetically wrong with the Institution Jega is running.

These are the same set of people going on national tv and telling Nigerians that all is set for 2015 elections.
The big question is: why can't legitimate voters who can't grab their PVCs use their TVCs?

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Kennywills7(m): 11:13am On Feb 05, 2015
Its obvious dat Jega has his own agenda
The igbos in lagos and kaduna are complaining of not getting their pvc too
So something is obviously fishy abt jega and his agenda

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 11:16am On Feb 05, 2015
Kennywills7:
Its obvious dat Jega has his own agenda

Meanwhile in the North, nobody is directed to go to a local government to pick up their pvcS. They give the PVCs to village heads who distribute the cards to their people. In the North, they have recorded over 90% collection rate while we are struggling to achieve 60% collection rate across the southern region.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Kennywills7(m): 11:18am On Feb 05, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Meanwhile in the North, nobody is directed to go to a local government to pick up their pvcS. They give the PVCs to village heads who distribute the cards to their people. In the North, they have recorded over 90% collection rate while we are struggling to achieve 60% collection rate across the southern region.
Bro jega is up to something
And we won't accept any form of partiality

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by IGBOSON1: 11:21am On Feb 05, 2015
I keep on saying it: southerners are not sufficiently clued-on, and they're their worst enemy! Don't be surprised the north east (with all it's on-going security problems) will record better PVC collection rates than any region in the south!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by chamboy(m): 11:22am On Feb 05, 2015
jega nw seems to b up to sth
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by citizenY(m): 11:26am On Feb 05, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Yes, even my cattle got their PVC in Gwoza!!!!! Na,the lizard remain.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
IGBOSON1:
I keep on saying it: southerners are not sufficiently clued-on, and they're their worst enemy! Don't be surprised the north east (with all it's on-going security problems) will record better PVC collection rates than any region in the south!

The south west sense of pragmatism is what is destroying southern politics and togetherness. They help the north succeed then the north will dumb them and again seek their face when the going is tough and they go back all over again. I don't understand it.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
chamboy:
jega nw seems to b up to sth

If anybody should win elections, let it be fair. How would some us whom are disenfranchise feel if I was unable to vote for Jonathan and Buhari wins. You begin to imagine how many of us out there that was kicked out.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Kennywills7:

Bro jega is up to something
And we won't accept any form of partiality

The partiality has started. Lagos powerful few know what they are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by reborn1: 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
[s]
Noviolence2015:

The south west sense of pragmatism is what is destroying southern politics and togetherness. They help the north succeed then the north will dumb them and again seek their face when the going is tough and they go back all over again. I don't understand it.
[/s]

You can make your rubbish comment without insulting the SW. They are free to vote anyone they want like you Igbos are doing for the Ijaws as well. Enough pls

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

You can make your rubbish comment without insulting the SW. They are free to vote anyone they want like you Igbos are doing for the Ijaws as well. Enough pls

What is written is true and cannot be dismissed. Now like you said we can vote who ever we want. Why are igbos deliberately being exempted by your local governments and INEC chairman. Why are you all diabolical about grabbing power? Is that the change you preach?
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by reborn1: 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2015
[s]
Noviolence2015:

What is written is true and cannot be dismissed. Now like you said we can vote who ever we want. Why are igbos deliberately being exempted by your local governments and INEC chairman. Why are you all diabolical about grabbing power? Is that the change you preach?
[/s]

The last time i checked, Jega is not from the SW? You said the so called lady told you its Jega so how is it the problem of the SW. You Igbos are quick to talk trash about SW but wont face the North. Lagos state governor dont control the Inec and your Azikwe is the C in C, so direct your anger to Inec.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by chamboy(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
Igbos n complains sha, . Now INEC works with Apc..

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by 9jatriot(m): 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
All these calls just to make case for election postponement. Is it today INEC has been getting things wrong. The good thing is that only the owner of the PVC can use it, since it is said to have bar codes that requires a card reader to use.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by zimoni(f): 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Ogbeni,

Make your point known without bashing SW.

Politics is a game of number, play it as it suits you.

Lobatan.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
zimoni:

Ogbeni,

Make your point known without bashing SW.

Politics is a game of number, play it as it suits you.

Lobatan.

Sorry if you feel I am bashing south west. Not my intention. Nonetheless it is odd that all the people in my centre with PVC collection issues are not from south west. This is a very curious case of deliberate manipulation of the rules in order to win.
What is happening to me is happening in Lagos state; a south western state and insinuations by INEC staff points fingers to politicians in Lagos resisting the need for a people to exercise the rights to vote.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

The last time i checked, Jega is not from the SW? You said the so called lady told you its Jega so how is it the problem of the SW. You Igbos are quick to talk trash about SW but wont face the North. Lagos state governor dont control the Inec and your Azikwe is the C in C, so direct your anger to Inec.
The fact I am not from the south west does not make me Igbo. Please feed your sense of ignorance before writing.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
chamboy:
Igbos n complains sha, . Now INEC works with Apc..

All of this injustice is happening under the watch of fashola and he is mum about it.

One can not assume otherwise than Althusser being an obvious plot to disenfranchise a people in order to achieve their expected goals. It is criminal and not acceptable. So much for being a progressive state.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
I voted fashola in 2011 and Jonathan for President in the same year. I still believe in the good work of APC at the Lagos state level but with the history and baggage Buhari bringd onboard, no sane person can vote him.

Ambode just got short changed because APC is chasing goals yet proven to be attainable come 140215.

My vote at state level for Ambode just got alienated. Doing yourselves and think you are doing others.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by reborn1: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
[s]
Noviolence2015:

The fact I am not from the south west does not make me Igbo. Please feed your sense of ignorance before writing.
[/s]

Trash from a bigot. We know you all, always blaming the SW for your problems. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

Trash from a bigot. We know you all, always blaming the SW for your problems. Rubbish

Thank you Sir. If you look beyond your ignorance, you will make sense out of what I have written.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by reborn1: 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
[s]
Noviolence2015:

Thank you Sir. If you look beyond your ignorance, you will make sense out of what I have written.
[/s]

Trash. Always blaming people, direct your anger to Jega and not SW. Fashola is not Inec chairman.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by chamboy(m): 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
Noviolence2015:

All of this injustice is happening under the watch of fashola and he is mum about it.

One can not assume otherwise than Althusser being an obvious plot to disenfranchise a people in order to achieve their expected goals. It is criminal and not acceptable. So much for being a progressive state.
"Inec is an individual Body" - Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
chamboy:
"Inec is an individual Body" - Goodluck Jonathan

This your permutation is not admissible anymore under GEJ leadership.

He is not an arm twister, he will always allow organs of government to operate independently but it is obvious that his democratic sense of doing things have often time been abused by those appointed to man the affairs of such national bodies. At such point, questions must be brought to bear.
Why can't regisitered voters vote with their TVCs and why do we have collection rate of PVCs in the North that is filled with strife higher than the southern part of Nigeria where peace reigns?

Those are questions JEGA needs to answer and cannot be alluded to Jonathan's democratic values.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by adaweezy(m): 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Noviolence2015:
I voted fashola in 2011 and Jonathan for President in the same year. I still believe in the good work of APC at the Lagos state level but with the history and baggage Buhari bringd onboard, no sane person can vote him.
Ambode just got short changed because APC is chasing goals yet proven to be attainable come 140215.
My vote at state level for Ambode just got alienated. Doing yourselves and think you are doing others.
so it is agbajes cheap land and OKAda must return to all lagos roads that is feasible.......
Tell another lie .
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by adaweezy(m): 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
Noviolence2015:

He is not an arm twister, he will always allow organs of government to operate independently but it is obvious that his democratic sense of doing things have often time been abused by those appointed to man the affairs of such national bodies. At such point, questions must be brought to bear.
Why can't regisitered voters vote with their TVCs and why do we have collection rate of PVCs in the North that is filled with strife higher than the southern part of Nigeria where peace reigns?

Those are questions JEGA needs to answer and cannot be alluded to Jonathan's democratic values.
the TVCs are not being used due to the fact that card readers would be used and the TVCs would allow for easy manipulation due to their unrestricted number .....
There is a register for collected PVCs did the same lady tell you it was marked
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
adaweezy:

the TVCs are not being used due to the fact that card readers would be used and the TVCs would allow for easy manipulation due to their unrestricted number .....
There is a register for collected PVCs did the same lady tell you it was marked

Mine isn't marked nor have any body thumb printed on my behalf but it isn't there. It is useless if these cards are provided after the election. At such point what use would it be since I am unable to cast my vote?

She said there is nothing INEC can do between this short time. Why would my card be missing is the big question? It is curious that all other individuals in the same situation are not from the south west.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Trailblazer1(m): 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Ok

OK meaning it is OK to be disenfranchised or OK that we Nigerians are watching as JEGA implement an agenda alien to democratic process?
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by Noviolence2015: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
I hereby plead with the moderators to bring this topic to the fore. Nairaland has done a great job on helping the voice of the voiceless.

My vote should count as a Nigerian. This is the only right step to the change we crave for.

It is only fair that we use all available medium to bring national issues to the fore. Mr. Seun please help me in my bid to exercise my rights as a Nigerian by being able to vote come 140215.

Front page my observation since no formal platform is available for me to make my case with INEC. My only interface are the reps who said they cannot help my situation.
Thanks.
Re: Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters by chamboy(m): 5:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
Noviolence2015:

it's Question for Inec body n Inec only... So Political affliction with Inec should stop once

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indomie Instant Chicken Flavor Noddles -1 Carton (40 Packs X 70g) ₦ 2,100 / More Woes For Khalifar Buhari: Crude Expected To Crash To $20 / Yoruba Leaders Charge FG Over Biafra Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.