Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,805 members, 7,813,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria (29910 Views)

Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition / Cheapest Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria / Nigeria Universities and Polytechnics In Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by casvinda(m): 10:35am On Feb 06, 2015
Pls where do u put RUGIPO?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 06, 2015
Abimloaded:

With all the strike day by day, week by week , month by month , year by year ?

I'm a student of Ado poly, but sentiments apart... the school have tarnished their good image with striking actions. We are currently on strike now since Jan5.

In term of Academics, they can even top the list but their Calendar is worst.

Secured an admission into the school 2013 and this is 2015[which i should be graduating from ND] but I am still in ND1 and yet to complete the second semester...imagine that ?
. bros you are not alone oh. I rep okopoly , but my has lost its glory. from slow academic calendar to nonchalant attitude portrayed by lecturers. could you imagine that 2012 Nd students are still writing Nd2 first semester exam.

the one that hurts me most is the exploitation of students by lecturers in the name of buying textbooks. its either you get the textbooks or you fail no matter how hard you read. which one will I say and which one will leave? is it the tent like classroom they built to accomodate450 students, or the outdated laboratories?.
This school is really frustrating.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 06, 2015
warripekin:

IMT is far better than ur Nekede. Top 5 should be yabatech, kadpoly, IMT, ibadanpoly and auchipoly. Idapoly should be top 6
. IMT ko. pls say something else. IMT case is the worst.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by olamibiddy(f): 10:44am On Feb 06, 2015
I rep OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC, IREE
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Abimloaded(m): 10:46am On Feb 06, 2015
Adaobi12:
. bros you are not alone oh. I rep okopoly , but my has lost its glory. from slow academic calendar to nonchalant attitude portrayed by lecturers. could you imagine that 2012 Nd students are still writing Nd2 first semester exam.

the one that hurts me most is the exploitation of students by lecturers in the name of buying textbooks. its either you get the textbooks or you fail no matter how hard you read. which one will I say and which one will leave? is it the tent like classroom they built to accomodate450 students, or the outdated laboratories?.
This school is really frustrating.

Lol. while i was still thinking my school is the worst.
We have those kind of lecturers here also but very few. Outdated workshops for the enginerring students and old laborartory equipments.

If i may know, Are you in ND1 or ND2 ?

God help us all..
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Sirpc(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2015
IMT Enugu should be in the list.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by salamiwasiu: 10:57am On Feb 06, 2015
Where is Kaura Poly?
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by salusworth(m): 11:02am On Feb 06, 2015
And what has Labour market done to our beautiful certificates?
You better do pgd/mba or msc and move on.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by 123gist(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2015
Oga OP what happened to Fed Poly Akanu-Ibiam Uwanna?
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Lacelot: 11:16am On Feb 06, 2015
IamOValentine:
Having taking into consideration the following: existing learning facilities, stability of academic calender, student/staff ratio, general population strenght, magnitude of prospective applicant through JAMB, academic standard and quality of products.

Below is my rating.

1 Yabatech

2. Nekede Poly

3. Ibadan Poly

4. Auchi Poly

5. Laspotech

6. Fed Poly Nasarawa

7. Fed Poly Ilaro

8. Fed Poly Bida

9. Oko poly

10. Kaduna poly

https://ask.naij.com/the-top-10-polytechnics-in-nigeria.html
Auchi poly is number 1

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by asala1: 11:20am On Feb 06, 2015
People still dey go polytechnics for this 21st century?
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by harbarzzy(m): 11:26am On Feb 06, 2015
Mapoly all the way!
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Louislewis: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2015
[size=14pt]For you to be a good judge, you must have attended at list 2 of any of the institutions at OND and HND level. If not, your verdict here should be regarded as baseless. For me, Auchi is number 1. My rating below...

1.Learning Facilities - Auchi
2.Stability of Academic Calender - 50/50
3.Student/Staff ratio - Yaba Tech,300:1 (Overpopulated regular students compare to Class room space), Auchi 120:1
4.General Population Strenght - Yaba Tech. With overdose part-time students ,of students/lecturers ration of 500:1
5.Magnitude of prospective application through JAMB - 5/15 (Auchi/Yaba)
6.Academic Standard and Quality of products - Auchi far better. It has no comparism with Yaba Tech. (Lecturers of Yaba are more business minded than students' interest.)

Auchi is number 1[/size]

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by psychology1(m): 11:33am On Feb 06, 2015
Kadpoly should come second, if not first
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by vizboy(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2015
lubish.

Auchi Poly is NO 1.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by radiant3(f): 11:48am On Feb 06, 2015
oloworulz:
blame ur government

ur opininon is nt needed on dis thread!
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by deavicky(m): 11:49am On Feb 06, 2015
I'm surprise fedral polytechnic Idah in kogi has no place in list. While I see the school as one of the best in Nigeria.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by tobolos(m): 11:49am On Feb 06, 2015
Here is my list of the best polytechnic:

1.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
2.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
3.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
4.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
5.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
6.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
7.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
8.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
9.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
10.Federal Polytechnic,Ilaro,ogun state
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Erotex(m): 11:51am On Feb 06, 2015
rahazaqa:
I know say no poly from East will be there. East Schools are craps!. That is why their ppl are bunch of uneducated chi,ts.

Uneducated and u made them
Minister of finance
Governor of CBN
U be mumu!
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Abdul9025(m): 11:55am On Feb 06, 2015
op na lie... the list is worthless without fed poly bauchi
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by oloworulz(m): 11:56am On Feb 06, 2015
radiant3:

ur opininon is nt needed on dis thread!
ok my bro.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by radiant3(f): 11:59am On Feb 06, 2015
oloworulz:
ok my bro.

Point of correction,I'm not ur bro!
Thanks
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by berbs112(m): 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
Chai! Where MAPOLY oooo and KWARAPOLY?

I attended both Schools for OND and HND respectively and I believe one of them should make the cut.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Like seriously, Polytechnics coughs out more refined labour material than most universities,but why is it that the OND n HND has always been relegated,and Sometimes e'en grouped along side the O'levellers.
shut up.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
This ranking is based on what? Crowd? Op. Ur brain is on vacation sorry.
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by nwadiuko1(m): 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
Okopoly should not be on dat list......with all their wahala and backwardness
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by nwadiuko1(m): 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
rahazaqa:
I know say no poly from East will be there. East Schools are craps!. That is why their ppl are bunch of chi,ts.
you r high on cheap weed......I guess okopoly and nekede are in the northeast
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by nwadiuko1(m): 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
asala1:
People still dey go polytechnics for this 21st century?
people like you remain perpetually impoverished intellectually
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
whothiefmymoney:
I thought auchi poly was rank the best poly in nigeria?
don't mind the ganjaric op it still the best even competing with the so called Universities
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by Udpconcept(m): 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
I rep. Nekedwire/Oko. I did my ND in nekede but am currently rounding up my HND in oko
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by misshoree(f): 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
Where is the place of federal polytechnic Ede?
Re: Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria by asala1: 1:30pm On Feb 06, 2015
nwadiuko1:
people like you remain perpetually impoverished intellectually

Lol! You dey vex? I can't even bring myself that low to teach in a polytechnics. You will notice most of your lecturers are lazy bunch of people, they don't even upgrade themselves. It's in a polytechnic you will find a lecturer that has been teaching for 30 years with a BSc or MSc obtained 25 years back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria / 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl / Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.