Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl (29922 Views)

Erekaa Naomi Dooshima: Missing Benue University Student Found Dead / Cultists Kill Final Year Benue University Student & Anti-Cultism Campaigner / Tyonor Smith: Benue University Students Protest Over Shooting Of Student Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by CampussNews: 9:08am On Sep 15, 2021
A 400-level student of the Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi, Michael Nyitor, has been accused of impregnating a 14-year-old girl in the Gaadi area of Makurdi, Benue State.

Nyitor, a Mechanical Engineering student, was alleged to have had carnal knowledge of the victim several times before she became pregnant.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspect was a friend to the victim’s relative, and entered their apartment under the guise of seeing his friend.

Our correspondent gathered that the pregnancy was discovered when the teenager was taken to a hospital for a check-up after she confessed that the suspect had been sleeping with her.

Her aunt, who identified herself simply as Lucy, said she got to know about the alleged assault after the teenager sneaked out of the room in the night.

She said, “While everyone was in bed on September 4, she left the room and did not come back until 5am and when I asked her where she was coming from, she said she went to urinate. After much probing, she confessed that she went to see Michael (Nyitor), who had been sleeping with her.

“We went to his house to let his mother know in case she was not aware and when we got to their house, the boy’s mother apologised for her son’s action, but the boy claimed that he was not a child and that it was the girl that lured him to rape her and that if we asked him to get married to the girl, we would have to provide him with a job or else she was going to suffer.

“When we left their house, we went to the hospital to check if she had not contracted any illness and that was when it was discovered she was pregnant. My husband went to the police the next day to report, but the boy’s mother went to the village head to come and plead with us to withdraw the case so we could settle at home.

“The boy later came to my house to plead with me that he was sorry for his action and that he had not been sleeping and his spirit was not at rest.

“Michael is a friend to my husband’s younger brother and he used to come to our house to meet him, but I did not know he was using it to disguise so he could lure the girl; we want justice to prevail because being pregnant means she will automatically stop her education and the boy is not remorseful about what he did; he feels nobody can do anything to him.”

Our correspondent learnt that the matter was reported at the E Division Police Station.

A human rights activist, Ukan Kurugh, said justice would prevail in the matter, adding that the dean of student affairs of the suspect’s institution had also promised to look into the matter.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Catherine Anene, in a text message, said the command was investigating the matter.

A source told PUNCH Metro that the suspect was arrested on Monday and detained at the E Division Police Station.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/400-level-benue-varsity-student-allegedly-impregnates-14-year-old/%3famp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by CampussNews: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2021
Gum your body to [url][/url] for trending Gossips covering all Campuses in Nigeria. Visit the website and subscribe to daily update for free grin cheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by GOFRONT(m): 9:10am On Sep 15, 2021
At 14, she's started sneaking out of the house in the dead of the night to go receive Vit.D from broda Michael

And when caught, she used the line: I went to urinate.......at 14...... At 14....ooh

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by ChiefSosa(m): 9:36am On Sep 15, 2021
but the boy claimed that he was not a child and that it was the girl that lured him to sleep with her
Look at what the Mechanical engineer turned national Buffon is saying! The mischievous he-goat no know say e don 4cup. In the eyes of the law: HE IS TOTALLY GUILTY!!!
That girl is NOT going to jail/prison. She will only face some form of difficulty and ridicule from people she knows. She and the baby will be MOSTLY catered for by both families, while the most responsibilities will lay on that he-goat's family members. That boy is FINISHED, especially now that human right and his school is involved. Crimes against minors, especially females is one of the most hated crimes in prison. Those inmates will even insert broomsticks into his penis hole (*shrugs while grabbing my penis*).
The moment he enters prison, trust me HE IS FINISHED. Look at how a 400-level Mechanical engineering student just decided to ruin his life, after all the years of suffering and hard work from him and his parents.

The mother and village head should also be arrested for trying to cover up such crime. The officers should put a rope around the village head's neck, then drag him like a stubborn goat all the way from his house to the station.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2021
Well.. it's a statutory rape, both party agreed to it.
Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by ChiefSosa(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2021
Doradorwa:
Well.. it's a statutory rape, both party agreed to it.
True! But, the guy is still the one going to prison 'cause the girl is not legally considered to be able to make decisions. Age Of Consent (AOC) in Nigeria is 18. It's still rape, but with a different degree. Probably, the second degree!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 15, 2021
ChiefSosa:

True! But, the guy is still the one going to prison 'cause the girl is not legally considered to be able to make decisions. AOC in Nigeria is 18. It's still rape, but with a different degree. Probably, the second degree!
And personally I believe there should be a review about rape laws in Nigeria. Children/ Teenagers nowadays are developing tough skin towards sexual matter mainly through the influence of internet and the TV. I know the guy should have known better but even the girl already have her own fair share of knowledge on sexual matter by sneaking out of the house from night to dawn. Those NGO that picked up the case should weigh it properly, the girl can also be affected, the community will crucify her. It will be a stigma to her and her baby.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by Akporo1234: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
14 year old don dey collect on a steady It's very possible this guy isn't her 1st. She must have been having sex before now cos she has grown so fond of it and sneaks out at night to get it...

Siggy no kill us with update abegg. E don do cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by rayzar(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
There Is No Such 400 level mech engine Student as Mike Nyitor in Joseph Saruwan Tarka University, Makurdi, The base of this story is still not clear, but one thing we do know is that, he Is not our student.

2 Likes

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by ChiefSosa(m): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
Doradorwa:
And personally I believe there should be a review about rape laws in Nigeria. Children/ Teenagers nowadays are developing tough skin towards sexual matter mainly through the influence of internet and the TV. I know the guy should have known better but even the girl already have her own fair share of knowledge on sexual matter by sneaking out of the house from night to dawn. Those NGO that picked up the case should weigh it properly, the girl can also be affected, the community will crucify her. It will be a stigma to her and her baby.
Your head dey there! But, what aspect of the rape laws do you think needs to be reviewed?
Yeah, I'm very aware of the fact that younger ones are being corrupted by what they see on TV and the Internet (no thanks to some of our celebrities). Several girls are being given this 'bad bitch' mentality, as if that's the new cool. The girl and other younger ones need to be monitored and counselled. The parents should not also be left out, 'cause I wonder how they could let the girl be so loose that she can go out at such time.
The girl and that chimpanzee that she's sneaking out to meet should suffer what ever consequences they get, they're only feeling bad 'cause their whole dealings got exposed. If she had aborted the child, they would've moved on like nothing happened.

5 Likes

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Your head dey there! But, what kind aspect of the rape laws do you think needs to be reviewed?
Yeah, I'm very aware of the fact that younger ones are being corrupted by what they see on TV and the Internet (no thanks to some of our celebrities). Several girls are being given this 'bad bitch' mentality, as if that's the new cool. The girl and other younger ones need to be monitored and counselled. The parents should not also be left out, 'cause I wonder how they could let the girl be so loose that she can go out at such time.
The girl and that chimpanzee that she's sneaking out to meet should suffer what ever consequences they get, they're only feeling bad 'cause their whole dealings got exposed. If she had aborted the child, they would've moved on like nothing happened.
The first thing to change is the age of legal consent in Nigeria. The human mind is evoluting. Societal laws keep changing. For instance Brasil understands this and some other countries does. The age of legal consent in Nigeria should adjust to either 14 or 15. Nowadays priorities are making the first agent of socialization not up to the task of raising the right children. Parents are giving children phones without putting the right parental control. Children are developing minds of their own, rapidly, and parents are doing nothing about it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by TheWolfen(m): 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
Benue? Not surprise. If I talk now people from that place might find my comment insultive but nah true. Fvck fvck fvck. Na watin dem sabi be dat... Na wa o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by TheWolfen(m): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
rayzar:
There Is No Such 400 level mech engine Student as Mike Nyitor in Joseph Saruwan Tarka University, Makurdi, The base of this story is still not clear, but one thing we do know is that, he Is not our student.

Una don reject am grin

[img]https://c./f1CGJD-uUDMAAAAM/funny-hahaha.gif[/img]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by Bilabong(m): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2021
rayzar:

if that is the case write a counter thread with evidence..

2 Likes

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by muller101(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
At 14? that's too early.
Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by ChiefSosa(m): 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
Doradorwa:
The first thing to change is the age of legal consent in Nigeria. The human mind is evoluting. Societal laws keep changing. For instance Brasil understands this and some other countries does. The age of legal consent in Nigeria should adjust to either 14 or 15. Nowadays priorities are making the first agent of socialization not up to the task of raising the right children. Parents are giving children phones without putting the right parental control. Children are developing minds of their own, rapidly, and parents are doing nothing about it.
I get you! But, it creeps me out for AOC to be around 14. It's even more creepy that the AOC in Nigeria was once 11.
Age 16/17 is manageable, especially for a girl. You know guys tend to have sex earlier than girls, so theirs is a bit different.
Parents really do have a lot to do, especially now that everything is getting crazier by the day. Even small children are acting all grown up now.
Although, the society is getting crazy, but we still have parents that's still raising their kids well. Parents need to monitor their kids' gadgets, entertainment types, kind of friends, etc Parents also need to be open minded and give listening ears to their kids, so that whenever the kid does something wrong, he/she will be confident enough to tell the parents, then the parents will help the child make better decisions next time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by Lovenorth: 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hypocritical religion, they are quick to be shouting 'pedophile' while are busy impregnating under age children

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by NuelFarms: 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Benue is the mini or should I say prototype of Zimbabwe or Kenya wey we get in dx kontri

They too like kerewa (bedmatics)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by NaijaGoBetter20: 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hmmmmm 14years old mother
At 34 her child will be 20years old what a blessing in disguise the question is can she go back to school (consider the value they place on education in that region)

I don't know what to say about him, only two things can stop him from prison, the parent of the girl or if one of his parents is a strong politician)

1 Like

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
cheesy
Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
angry
Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
Nyitor, a Mechanical Engineering student, was alleged to have had carnal knowledge of the victim several times before she became pregnant.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspect was a friend to the victim’s relative, and entered their apartment under the guise of seeing his friend.

He should first go to jail for some years and when he comes out, his wife and pikin will be waiting patiently for him at the prison gate.

Thirsty unsatiable animals everywhere......

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by 9jayes: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
V

Benue and sex eh, especially Otukpo they’re something else

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by DuduParaPara: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
Okay na. But as they say. Do the crime, do the time.

Likewise, here it's chop the kpekus, take the responsibility.

How can he say the girl lured him?

Hasn't he heard of Joseph in the Bible and potiphar's wife?

3 Likes

Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by Adedotguy: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
shocked
Re: 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl by greenie77: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
“We went to his house to let his mother know in case she was not aware and when we got to their house, the boy’s mother apologised for her son’s action, but the boy claimed that he was not a child and that it was the girl that lured him to rape her and that if we asked him to get married to the girl, we would have to provide him with a job or else she was going to suffer".....Kolomental!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / “If You Touch My Private Part, I Will Tell!” Primary School Pupils Sing (Video) / Student Slit Neck Of Junior Colleague Over Refusal To Run Errand In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.