Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

For Those Who Dont Know: Tips For Relating With Your Boyfriend's Little Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Those Who Dont Know: Tips For Relating With Your Boyfriend's Little Kids (565 Views)

When You Stay Abroad And Leave Your Wife And Little Kids Back Home / Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. / Naija: Share Ur Impressions Relating With People From Broken Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Dont Know: Tips For Relating With Your Boyfriend's Little Kids by tpiah99: 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
Wbb
Re: For Those Who Dont Know: Tips For Relating With Your Boyfriend's Little Kids by tpiah99: 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
I am jealous of my Boyfriend's kids

I Can't Seem To Accept My Boyfriend Has Children With Someone Else Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years now and for some reason my feelings towards his two daughters have gotten worse. I've run into a lot of issues in the past with their mother wanting him back and now I can't seem to accept he has children with her. Lately I've accepted the fact and have admitted I'm a bit jealous he has children with someone else. I love his daughters, I really do and when I'm with them it's great, but I find myself getting very bitter when it comes time to them occupying his attention and time. I guess what im saying is im selfish and feel kinda disgusted he loves his children like that... I don't like to see them cuddling or anything :-( it makes me very uncomfortable. I feel horrible because I know they need their fathers love, but why does it have to be my boyfriend. I feel that because I don't have children, I tend to get annoyed when they have to come spend the weekend over, and now my time is obligated like his....

I know I sound horrible (sigh) but I can't understand how I'm supposed to now accept this, or why I feel this Way. He is the perfect man, except he has kids.... I thought when I fell in love with him I'd fall in love with his kids, and I do adore them.... But Im not in love with them, I just love them. I treat them like my Own and do everything I can for them, but inside I feel hurt that he shares these children with another woman... Am I wrong?!? I know I am, and I want to be with him and accept his children or we cannot get married. Will things change when I have my own children? I'm not sure I want children now because 3 children would be difficult financially... I don't want to give up, or give up on my dream man, but I'm stuck here and I'm not sure how to get rid of feeling resentful. Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Am-Jealous-Of-My-Boyfriends-Kids/2294360
Re: For Those Who Dont Know: Tips For Relating With Your Boyfriend's Little Kids by tpiah99: 11:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
How to Build a Relationship With Your Boyfriend's Kids

http://www.ehow.com/how_8348712_build-relationship-boyfriends-kids.html
Re: For Those Who Dont Know: Tips For Relating With Your Boyfriend's Little Kids by tpiah99: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
My personal viewpoints:

If your boyfriend has little kids (underage) it is particularly WRONG to develop feelings of hatred for the kid/s because you do not like their mother for whatever reason.
Re: For Those Who Dont Know: Tips For Relating With Your Boyfriend's Little Kids by Enegod(m): 12:48am On Feb 06, 2015
Re: For Those Who Dont Know: Tips For Relating With Your Boyfriend's Little Kids by amokeme(f): 2:37am On Feb 06, 2015
I understand how you feel.. And its really sad too

(1) (Reply)

Some Women Really Gat Guts / Chibok Girl Rescue Atlast / 2015 Family Retreat ..............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.