Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce (25570 Views)

Emmanuella, Chimamanda Adichie Nominated For New African Women Awards. / Ketchup Turns Up For Grammy In Agbada [PICS] / Jidenna Rocks Nigerian Attire For Grammy Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
obowunmi:
I read it and she appears very dissatisfied with her life. But I don't know, depression is clinical.
That's serious! MAYBE she doesn't have the basic peace that only JESUS can give.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by tonychristopher: 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
Horayce:

Its an American award. 90 percent of her readership come from Europe and America.. She's an international best selling writer who happens to be Nigerian and comes from the eastern part. If she lived and wrote for igbos or Nigeria she may not have amounted to much. (I be igbo boy,im not trying to negate what u said. Nigerians have reason to be proud but that pride should be muted in my opinion)

Asi

Wrong submission

I have read all her books
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

Asi

Wrong submission

I have read all her books
Don't mind him. He's not igbo and just jealous.

Half of a yellow sun talked about Nigerian civil war and purple hibiscus was used in Wassce and Jamb literature.

Americannah has Nigerian setting.

That dude is dumb!
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by simdam500(m): 7:47pm On Feb 06, 2015
Afrok: My dear U couldn't have said it any better, Nigeria is a blessed nation just that nah conditions make Cray fish bend for naija.

shocked shocked shocked errr u mean to tell me... cray fish are not bent outside nigeria cry cry
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by simdam500(m): 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
Congratulations to her...

Beyonce my lady... God bless u
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by simdam500(m): 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
Barselonia: omo wa na ni........

ouch..... well I know she be ibo But incase u don't know her fiance is from nasarawa state,NOW u are knowing ......

so Na buhari go claim her.. grin.... Because I hear some people saying GEJ till 2019 ...if I hear

Una still carry campaign enter here ehn!!! undecided
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
She hasn't even started yet, the sky is her starting point, half of a yellow sun and purple hibiscus are wonderful novels which I've read over and over again. Chinua Achebe's heir to the throne. Weldon Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Proud of you.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by tonychristopher: 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
Superleo:

Don't mind him. He's not igbo and just jealous.

Half of a yellow sun talked about Nigerian civil war and purple hibiscus was used in Wassce and Jamb literature.

Americannah has Nigerian setting.

That dude is dumb!

People I gave up on since 1933 AD

I am not surprised

Igbo is their undoing
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
werin Buhari con find 4 here?
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 07, 2015
legallyblonde:
i tell u..Nigerians be sowing seeds all around the world,i can barely watch a match these days without seeing a naija name on one mixed guy's jersey!
AZ in..... So many tickets on nairabet wey I don chop Finish the opposing team go equalize and when I check the name of the guy wey spoil am for me you fit see one yakubu aiyegbeni for Bahrain, chimere from Vietnamese league or one tunde for one unknown club in India. Naija peeps full everywhere

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by legallyblonde(f): 7:33am On Feb 07, 2015
kpekusPikin:

AZ in..... So many tickets on nairabet wey I don chop Finish the opposing team go equalize and when I check the name of the guy wey spoil am for me you fit see one yakubu aiyegbeni for Bahrain, chimere from Vietnamese league or one tunde for one unknown club in India. Naija peeps full everywhere
lol..abi nw
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by obowunmi(m): 11:14am On Feb 07, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
That's serious! MAYBE she doesn't have the basic peace that only JESUS can give.

true. A lot of creative minds are either lonely, depressed, or suicidal.

Vangogh, Mozart, and the list is endless....

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by orble: 6:56am On Feb 08, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

You sound very LOCAL/TIMID. undecided

A feminist can only be a BABY MAMA if she chooses to be.
Nothing wrong with that. So why make it an issue? Is being single, married, divorced or widowed A CRIME ON EARTH? undecided
Men like TUFACE or TUBABA have children by several women, and still married one of his BABY MAMAS . . .it should be NO DIFFERENT WITH WOMEN. All a matter of choice.
Please, educate yourself on the true definition of feminism. . . it has nothing to do with sexism towards MALES OR FEMALES.
It is about gender equality aka EQUAL RIGHTS FOR MALES AND FEMALES! kiss
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT FEMINISM. . . when properly defined by sophisticated and learned PEOPLE WITH FUNCTIONING BRAIN CELLS! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zjMWaA6ofo

A matter of circumstance or choice. . . NO DIFFERENT FROM MEN WHO CHOOSE TO BE SINGLE!!! kiss

I am glad because not all feminists are single like you would want to paint them.
Only QUALIFIED men and women with BALLS can love and receive love from their partners. . . .AND MAINTAIN THAT LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP TOO! kiss

Enjoy feminism, be a "TUBABA" Marry many men or a another woman if u like. Remember that it is harder for a man... (hoping U won't complain.

Be faithful to your new found religion of feminism.

bye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Why I Can’t Date Davido – Nina / What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) / Donjazzy Congratulates Donald Trump During Swearing In As President (pics,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.