Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages (97566 Views)

The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
alphalpha:

that's it. You have made up your mind and there's no going back for you. have it your way.
The clowns all over Igbo land... http://www.naij.com/384834-massob-trying-to-seccede-introduces-own-passport-money.html
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 15, 2015
splashbaby:
. You will hardly find a Mosque in Igbo land...what a show of intolerance, not that there are no Muslims but the community will not welcome them.

You've said so many strange things on this thread but let me just say a little something about this one. There are mosques in Igboland. There aren't a lot for the simple reason. that there are not that many Muslims there. Some state governments, like the Imo state government, have actually built mosques for the Muslims in their midst. Can you point to a single case where a government in the core north built churches for the Christian settlers there, or are the Igbo the only ones expected to bend over backwards to please settlers in their midst?
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
Radoillo:

You've said so many strange things on this thread but let me just say a little something about this one. There are mosques in Igboland. There aren't a lot for the simple reason. that there are not that many Muslims there. Some state governments, like the Imo state government, have actually built mosques for the Muslims in their midst. Can you point to a single case where a government in the core north built churches for the Christian settlers there, or are the Igbo the only ones expected to bend over backwards to please settlers in their midst?
For real, the truth is always stranger than fiction. This is wake up call for the Igbos... You all shouldn't take my comments personal, instead pick the truth in it and see how you all can make a difference. You can't be shouting GEJ till 2019 and start printing Biafra Drivers licence, Money and Passport for a new state and think others will take you people serious.

Nigerians loves Igbo people but Igbos loved Biafra.

Meanwhile Government should not promote religion in a secular state...instead it should be shouldered by the people only. Those who don't have Muslims as brothers or friend may never know how to treat them right.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
splashbaby:
For real, the truth is always stranger than fiction. This is wake up call for the Igbos... You all shouldn't take my comments personal, instead pick the truth in it and see how you all can make a difference. You can't be shouting GEJ till 2019 and start printing Biafra Drivers licence, Money and Passport for a new state and think others will take you people serious.

Nigerians loves Igbo people but Igbos loved Biafra.

Meanwhile Government should not promote religion in a secular state...instead it should be shouldered by the people only. Those who don't have Muslims as brothers or friend may never know how to treat them right.

I'm not taking your comments personal. But I also noticed you didn't really address my question. It is okay though.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
I have no problems with Igbos...infact I have a very close friend who also call my mum mother. He treats her like her real mother. I am merely saying the obvious. Igbos have caused a senseless civil war and they haven't learnt anything from it.

They are seriously in search of an identity. They want to be in two countries at once. Yet they want to be alone.... So confusing I must say. This has led them to mortgage their national rights in Nigeria as one of the three leading race in this country.

I know the strength of many Igbos and one of them is not assimilating other cultures or religion. When you start comparing that with the Yorubas who are champions of hospitality then you get this kind of embarrassment.
Did you say cannot assimilate other cultures? When all my friends in the West can only speak Yoruba language,they had to relocate to the East before they could pick up Igbo language and culture. Champions? Yorubas that will bow over to greet you and stab you seconds later?
'Searching for an identity'....this is crazy!!
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Champions? Yorubas that will bow over to greet you and stab you seconds later?
'Searching for an identity'....this is crazy!!
Igbos too will stab you seconds after hugging you as friends... Meanwhile are you a Nigerian or Biafran? If you can answer this without searching your conscience for which to choose then I apologize for the identity problem!
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
Igbos too will stab you seconds after hugging you as friends...
So that makes it equal,right? I thought you wanted to make a reasonable point?
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

So that makes it equal,right? I thought you wanted to make a reasonable point?
You are still struggling to make any sensible assertion dear!
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
Igbos too will stab you seconds after hugging you as friends... Meanwhile are you a Nigerian or Biafran? If you can answer this without searching your conscience for which to choose then I apologize for the identity problem!
They way non-Easterners talk about Biafra eh....how many Igbos run around talking about Oodua and Arewa? The obsession is damn too much!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
You are still struggling to make any sensible assertion dear!
Lol. You are the one struggling to feed this thread with your prejudice against Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

They way non-Easterners talk about Biafra eh....how many Igbos run around talking about Oodua and Arewa? The obsession is damn too much!
let me educate small. People are talking about Biafra because they have taken the sectarian agenda a step further. Your folks now have a passport, driver licence, and claims the new Nation GEJ was talking about was Biafra. Can Igbos vote for GEJ and turn around to develop Biafra Republic? Why will people trust Igbos now?
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol. You are the one struggling to feed this thread with your prejudice against Igbos.
I have raised many fundamental questions concerning Igbos dying for logical answers without insult. All what I get is feeble replies that can barely challenge my assertion. I want points without insults
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
I have raised many fundamental questions concerning Igbos dying for logical answers without insult. All what I get is feeble replies that can barely challenge my assertion. I want points without insults
What fundamental questions? You will continue to get feeble replies....it's obvious you have deep preconceived notions about Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
let me educate small. People are talking about Biafra because they have taken the sectarian agenda a step further. Your folks now have a passport, driver licence, and claims the new Nation GEJ was talking about was Biafra. Can Igbos vote for GEJ and turn around to develop Biafra Republic? Why will people trust Igbos now?
Let me re-educate you. An average Igbo man thinks of how to put food on his table in such a chaotic country like Nigeria. Nobody really has the time to take about Biafra or Arewa as the case maybe. If for obvious reasons we can no longer live together,then Biafra is the solution.
How is Gej connected to Biafra? Gej that is fighting for his life in Aso rock. You have to filter the things you read online,pls.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Fulaman198(m): 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ok thread back on subject please, if you all want to discuss politics there is a section for that.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
Your folks now have a passport, driver licence, and claims the new Nation GEJ was talking about was Biafra.
Has it ever occured to you that these socalled mouth piece for Biafra has never sought for opinions neither have they dialogued with Igbo sons and daughters.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Has it ever occured to you that these socalled mouth piece for Biafra has never sought for opinions neither have they dialogued with Igbo sons and daughters.

Some of these people just don't understand that the average Igbo youth doesn't give a ratshit about Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I don't think any Igbo have spoken against them either... Let me shock you! On my way to Akwa Ibom recently... I saw several Biafra flags adorning homes in Imo and Abia States.... This speaks volume... Except you are the lone voice here. The Biafra stuff is everywhere in Igbo land....you can't deny these if you visit home always..... No ostrich here dear.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 8:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
I don't think any Igbo have spoken against them either... Let me shock you! On my way to Akwa Ibom recently... I saw several Biafra flags adorning homes in Imo and Abia States.... This speaks volume... Except you are the lone voice here. The Biafra stuff is everywhere in Igbo land....you can't deny these if you visit home always..... No ostrich here dear.
Biafra or no Biafra,i don't see how it's your business in the first place. Is it now a crime for Igbos to mention biafra? Igbos around me have better things to think of,biafra is the least priority right now.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
I guess you want them to be arrested,molested and sent on exile,when Nigeria cannot subdue boko haram and Niger delta militants? I guess you are the only one who does not understand that Nigeria is on the verge of disintegration.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
Radoillo:

Some of these people just don't understand that the average Igbo youth doesn't give a ratshit about Biafra.
Obviously you don't visit home often. The Biafra flags adorn homes all over Abia and Imo state...the locals loved Biafra my brother...those folks are just minority like you... Nwazurike has serious followership in the east... Do you pretend not to know what you know?
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
Obviously you don't visit home often. The Biafra flags adorn homes all over Abia and Imo state...the locals loved Biafra
How is it a problem? Do you want them to hate the term 'Biafra'? When is it wrong to hold a symbol or relics of the past?
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Biafra or no Biafra,i don't see how it's your business in the first place. Is it now a crime for Igbos to mention biafra? Igbos around me have better things to think of,biafra is the least priority right now.
None of my business dear! It's Igbos own... Just saying it for clarity... You only wish Biafra is not priority... They are not fighting now but the agitation is real... How it doesn't embarrass people like you remains a mystery! Biafra is the worst dent derailing the prosperity of these great people! only many uninformed followers encourage them.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
None of my business dear! It's Igbos own... Just saying it for clarity... You only wish Biafra is not priority... They are not fighting now but the agitation is real... How it doesn't embarrass people like you remains a mystery! Biafra is the worst dent derailing the prosperity of these great people! only many uninformed followers encourage them.
This doesn't make sense! I've had enough of the obsession. Why should i be embarrased? Lol. Pls look for better issues to talk about,something like how boko is destroying hausas and related groups.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I guess you want them to be arrested,molested and sent on exile,when Nigeria cannot subdue boko haram and Niger delta militants? I guess you are the only one who does not understand that Nigeria is on the verge of disintegration.
Now you are speaking like the true Igbo....it's Jonathan that can't subdue Book Hiram and not Nigeria... Disintegration is treason... We want Igbos to believe in the project Nigeria... And not constantly distract themselves with Biafra... Nigeria is having issues that can be resolved... Biafra can never be a solution... It has never been. It remains in the past... If Igbos want to live in the past we have no choice but to oblige them....
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 9:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
If Igbos want to live in the past we have no choice but to oblige them....
Thank you! So much headache for a non Igbo. Igbos are advancing on daily basis,bother about your ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 9:11pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
Disintegration is treason...
Wrong! You probably feel that all Igbos in the world are talking about Biafra. Who are you sef? Keep drinking panadol on top igbo matter?
Everything you wrote here is just a personal notion not facts....i wouldn't take it serious.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Thank you! So much headache for a non Igbo. Igbos are advancing on daily basis,bother about your ethnic group.
hahaha lol! Nobody bothers about Igbos! They are insignificant in the scheme of things as Nigeria is concern. They sold their birth right for pot of porridge and only Okorocha sees the need to rescue them...We know you have you own country called Biafra and only interested in destroying Nigeria... You all bear Nigeria by name and Biafra by deed.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
hahaha lol! Nobody bothers about Igbos! They are insignificant in the scheme of things as Nigeria is concern. They sold their birth right for pot of porridge and only Okorocha sees the need to rescue them...We know you have you own country called Biafra and only interested in destroying Nigeria... You all bear Nigeria by name and Biafra by deed.
Finally! I was expecting this outburst, Biafran comments were only a smoke screen for your deep-rooted prejudice for Igbos. What exactly is your problem? They are insignificant but you have been on their case snice morning. Lol, go and rest.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by splashbaby(m): 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

What progress are they making apart from actualising a dying dream of a Biafra state within Nigeria. Igbos are busy trying to scuttle the happiness of a great Nigeria with the support for an unpopular president... Thankfully they have no say in this one.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
hahaha lol! Nobody bothers about Igbos!.We know you have you own country called Biafra and only interested in destroying Nigeria...
Lol, worry about Boko and tribalistic folks like you.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages by Ihuomadinihu: 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
splashbaby:
What progress are they making apart from actualising a dying dream of a Biafra state within Nigeria. Igbos are busy trying to scuttle the happiness of a great Nigeria with the support for an unpopular president... Thankfully they have no say in this one.
Pls move over to the politics page and continue your campaign. We have noticed you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yoruba "express You Self In Proverbs "owee"" / 'Manhood' Celebration In Edo, Topless Ladies Spotted At Ceremony / Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.