Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Jonathan Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy This Year – Briggs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy This Year – Briggs (559 Views)

Osinbajo To Lead FG Fact-finding Team To Tompolo’s Home Base, Other N’delta Area / Whether Jonathan Gets Re- Elected Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy – Briggs / “jonathan Or Not, Niger Delta ‘ll Resume Militancy This Year” – Annkio Briggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy This Year – Briggs by Aldrickay: 8:56am On Feb 06, 2015
A Niger Delta activist and the national
convener of the Niger Delta Self-
Determination Movement (NDSDM), Ms.
Annkio Briggs, has vowed that whether
President Goodluck Jonathan get re-elected
or not, the people of the Niger Delta have
resolved to embark on agitation for the
ownership of oil resources this year.

Speaking in an interview with journalists in
Abuja yesterday, Briggs revealed that the
country will definitely see agitation from
the South-South region very soon.

“I want Nigerians to understand that the
Niger Delta people have decided that
whether Jonathan is the president or not
the president in 2015 is no longer an issue
for us because we have to support him.
Now whether he is the president or not the
president, come 2015 Niger Delta will start
agitating for the ownership of the oil even
if everybody does not do it, some of us are
going to do it and we are going to do it
until we get what we want. Other
countries are practicing ownership, we
must practice ownership.

“The land Niger Delta belongs to me and
not you. You come from a particular region
and I cannot claim North-east. Why is
everybody else claiming Niger Delta? Let us
be realistic, I come from Niger Delta, it is
my place, therefore what is there is mine.
But the Constitution of the 1999 says it is
not, fine, I don’t have to accept it, we
don’t have to accept it,” she said.
Speaking further on agitation of
ownership, Ms. Briggs explained that: “We
will see agitation from the Niger Delta. I
am speaking to you as the national
convener of the Niger Delta Self-
Determination Movement, our project as
we see it today is that we are going to use
every legal means available both within
and outside Nigeria.

“We considered the oil companies and the
federal government of Nigeria that are
operating in the Niger Delta as people that
are operating without our bonafide
consent. It doesn’t mean that by the
constitution they don’t have right to
operate, they do but we are saying that we
do not accept that they have such right. So
we will pursue the legal angle. We want
the Constitution to be interpreted and
when it is interpreted, we want to see
whether that Constitution is in our favour
or not, if it is not in our favour we want to
change it in our favour,” she added.
http://leadership.ng/news/409793/jonathan-ndelta-resume-militancy-year-briggs
Re: Jonathan Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy This Year – Briggs by xreal: 9:00am On Feb 06, 2015
In that case, let's vote BUHARI.
Re: Jonathan Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy This Year – Briggs by ArchEnemy(m): 9:04am On Feb 06, 2015
God will destroy all your plans of causing unrest
Re: Jonathan Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy This Year – Briggs by WYMAN(m): 9:07am On Feb 06, 2015
U cant blame them..go to dat region and see a different kind of poverty,they ar suffering and the government is doing almost nothing for them.despit the fact,they own the oil,which feed the nation

I dey ready for any babylon for here,wey go quote me.
Re: Jonathan Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy This Year – Briggs by Welrez(m): 10:39am On Feb 06, 2015
The hypocrisy of many Nigerians becomes evident whenever issues of oil and its negative impacts on the environment are discussed. When it comes to oil, they are in a hurry to say it's our oil but when its negative impacts on the environment are discussed, like oil spillage, they would say it's the Niger Delta's problem. How many non-Niger Deltans have openly agitated for the cleaning up of the Niger Delta? How many NGOs have been formed to that end by non-Niger Deltans? When OBJ bombed Odi and Yar'adua did same to Ayakoromor and Gbaramatu, how many Nigerians raised their voices against the genocide? How do you expect people like Asari to extend sympathy to the North-Easterner when people don't extend same to the the Niger Deltan. Let us continue to deceive ourselves that all is well when we're actually sitting on an ember. The existence of injustice and exploitation together with internal hegemony, which is made more glaring in the unequal and prebendal distribution of oil blocs, have continued to favour revolutionary pressure and deepen radicalism in our polity.

(1) (Reply)

How I Led Protest At Age 8 - Emir Sanusi / Finally Presidential Election Has Been Postpone Till March 28 / Between Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Leeches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.