Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,365 members, 7,850,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:46 PM

HOW RELIABLE IS INEC's VOTERS REGISTER? ( Eye Opener) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HOW RELIABLE IS INEC's VOTERS REGISTER? ( Eye Opener) (505 Views)

UPDATE ON 2017 INEC Voters Registration :How Has It Been In Your Area / Guber Poll: Voters’ Register Fraud Rocks Bayelsa / PDP Sues INEC Over Voters Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HOW RELIABLE IS INEC's VOTERS REGISTER? ( Eye Opener) by abuchilag: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
Let me start by telling everyone that we have only one country and it must not collapse in our generation. God bless Nigeria.

The Independent National Electoral Commission - INEC had almost 4 years to prepare for this election. While we appreciate their effort so far, I wish to point out some issues I have noticed in the system.

Some weeks ago, the DSS raided an office belonging to one of the political parties on the suspicion of some irregularities. "We" rose in our numbers and condemned the act....we even lampooned the DSS of being partisan. After the raid, prof Attahiru Jega (INEC) was interviewed about the raid by Kadaria Ahmed(Straight talk) and he claimed that INEC system was so solid that it cannot be hacked.

The essence of the biometrics is primarily to ensure the credibility of the register and guard against multiple registration.
Alas, Channels TV interviewed a woman (today 6-2-15) who was issued two PVCs with the same details. The part that is worrisome is that the 2 cards were released to the woman by INEC official.

The interviewer (Seun Akinbaloye) mentioned that there are more cases like that.

My question is " if the highly celebrated register can allow DUPLICATION of someone's details by issuing more than one PVC, how sure are we that INEC database cannot be hacked or tampered with?

I would have thought that INEC should go back and investigate the concerns raised.(It is possible they actually investigated the claim)
Nigerians are extremely smart with the intelligence and creativity to beat any computer security.

This purely my observation as a Nigerian and not affiliated to any political group.
Re: HOW RELIABLE IS INEC's VOTERS REGISTER? ( Eye Opener) by sweettease(f): 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sad... People like me got two TVC and can't locate the PVC.
I've spent the past 3 days trying to get it without any success.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Get This Message (must See) / Why Is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan So Desperate To Shift Election Dates? / Azubyke Wanjoku RVHA Kelga APC Aspirant Threatening "Dem Go See Danger"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.