Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Writers' Checkmate - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writers' Checkmate (20795 Views)

Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition- Group 2! / Checkmate Competition- Group 2 Collaboration Thread / Checkmate Competition- Group 1 Collaboration Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 9:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
U duin it gud divepen... we nid ratin..so as to prepare 4 2mao topic
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
Cybershow:
U duin it gud divepen... we nid ratin..so as to prepare 4 2mao topic
. You also can rate...Rate and get points

Tags.
divepen
Theorbiter
Slap1
Kizzykeziah
Cybershow
Chinweblinkz
kusibe77
Thronekid
Stuff46
Losprince
Tattesco
Princesssusan
Susrite
Akposb
Evangelio
Toluene1
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
Which group am I in?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by 46stuff(f): 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
Kusibe77- 5
Divepen-5
slap10-4
cybershow- 3

my rating
Re: Writers' Checkmate by kizzykeziah: 10:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Circumstances couldn't make me post earlier but maybe a rating will do.

If it's first person reteller account who wasn't a witness,then I guess words like 'I saw' or 'I did' shouldn't appear so here's my rating.

Kusibe77-6/10;The account sounds retold well enough.

46stuff-6/10;same reason as above.

slap1-2/10;It doesn't sound retold by a non-witness.

divepen-5/10;I don't think a third person could have seen how fast his hands were.

cybershow-2/10;It doesn't sound retold by a non-witness.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Kusibe77(m): 10:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
My ratings
Slap1: 7

Divepen:3
since you said the story was been re- tell. You wrote as if you are the witness.

Mine, kuibe77: 6
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 11, 2015
TOLUENE1:
Which group am I in?
Group 2
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 6:40am On Feb 11, 2015
Divepen what topic do we av 4 2dae Pls..
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 11, 2015
My Ratings
The first person reteller is like a reported speech which you can put your opinion
Cybershow: You wrote in the first person protagonist.
Rate: 2/10
Slap1: You wrote in the first person protagonis2
Rating: 2/10

Stuff46/46stuff: You wrote in the first person reteller; in fact, you could have spiced it with opinion.

Rating: 8/10
Kusibe77: You also wrote in the first person reteller.
8/10
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 11, 2015
[size=16] Work For Today[/size]
Write a story which revolves around this coming Election... Not More than 450 words.
Grammar and Punctuation should really be worked on because that is what we are checking for today.

DEADLINE: 8:30PM
Tags.
divepen
Theorbiter
Slap1
Kizzykeziah
Cybershow
Chinweblinkz
kusibe77
Thronekid
Stuff46
Losprince
Tattesco
Princesssusan
Susrite
Akposb
Evangelio
Toluene1
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 7:15am On Feb 11, 2015
Alrit..Divepen work begins...deadline time.. and the total score
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 7:26am On Feb 11, 2015
Chinweblinkz:

well,NO...am employed
U cn c..me i attend tutor
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 11, 2015
SCORELINE

Kusibe77: 5+6+8=19/3=6.3=6+ 3 (for rating)+ 1 (for explaning)
; 6+3+1= 10

Divepen=5+5+3=13/3=4.3=4+ 4(for rating) +4 (for explainin); 4+4+4=12

Slap1: 4+2+2=8/3=2.6=3
Cybershow= 3+2+2=7/3=2.3=2

Kizzykeziah=5 (for rating)+ 5 (for explaining)= 10

Stuff46/46stuff: 6+8=14/2=7+4 (for rating)= 11

All of Yesterday's Contestant were from Group 1

GROUP 1
Former score+ Kusibe77+Divepen+slap1+Cybershow+Stuff46/46stuff

43+10+12+3+2+11=81

GROUP 2
Former score +Kizzykeziah
33+10= 43
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 11, 2015
Group 2 members, where art thou...and please, when is the deadline?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 11, 2015
8:30pm
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 11, 2015
Divepen:
Write a story which revolves around this coming Election... Not More that 450 words.
Grammar and Punctuation should really be worked on because that is what we are checking for today.

Tags.
divepen
Theorbiter
Slap1
Kizzykeziah
Cybershow
Chinweblinkz
kusibe77
Thronekid
Stuff46
Losprince
Tattesco
Princesssusan
Susrite
Akposb
Evangelio
Toluene1
when are we to submit it?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Kusibe77(m): 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Divepen:
Write a story..... Not More that 450 words
cry
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Evangelio(m): 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
Apologies to all, especialy my team. My story 4 ystday was ready bt our power holders held d power and my battery dispointed me. Once again i plead ''forgive me''
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Kusibe77(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
Group 1.
Kusibe77

Pa Ajayi was eating ugwu soup and tuwo when I arrived at his sitting room. I greeted him and he replied.

'come and eat' he said

'thanks sir' I replied smiling shyly

'children of nowadays you don't like what is good for you' he said, the food he was masticating does not make his voice clear. 'if it was sweet now, am sure you will collect it. Good food you will reject , you will never know 'Jedijedi' is a disease'

I chuckled as I don't know a reply that suit the statement. He finished with the food and washed his hands.

'so what did you want'he asked.

What took me so long to deliver my message? I was to deliver a message from my father but on getting here I listened to how sweet is better than Ugwu soup. It was Viceversa he said it but I corrected it. How can some leaf be better than sweets. My eight year old senior brother knows it isn't true.

'my father said you should be ready to collect your voters card tomorrow' I said still smiling.

He hissed without looking at my face 'Tell him I already know, tell him I am the first to hear things like that in this town. You hear!' he said fast hold his ear to signalled what he meant.

He adjusted himself on couch and rest his back on it. 'that was how I told him the elections has been shifted.The idiot of him, told me Inec have not announce it.Me,I always have the latest news,he boasted.

I could remember few days ago. He came visiting our house. He was shouting from outside our compound while leaning on his walking stick.

'kunle o, Jega have shift election o'

My dad have a good laugh before coming out to meet the old man.

'see that radio' he continued pointing to small radio placed on the Old television in his sitting room. 'I listened to it 12 hours in a day'

I increase the effort to conceal my laughter. 12 hours to listened to radio,what are they saying on it?

'just tell him to carry his head and meet me at the field on 28 of march and April 11' he continued referring to the point where the election will take place as field.

I did not wait to hear more. I ran out and let loose the laughter I had concealed.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Evangelio(m): 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2015
Change, change, Change
We need change!
Sang the APC supporters as they marched across the street.

Goodluck to you, Goodluck To me, Goodluck Nigeria. Vote Goodluck for president
The transformation continues!
I turned to check for the source and chuckled to myself, it was from the Radio hanging near the meat suya seller's fireplace.

I observed all this as i stood in front of the viewing center waiting for the 4pm football match between Chelsefc and Aston Villa to commence, it was 3:45pm.

I allowed myself to wander off into the thinking realm, asking myself for the uptenth time if i should vote in the forth coming elections and if i should, whom should i vote?

The Apc aficionados sing for change, maybe they mean it, i am sure they want it as sure as i am that the architects of the change campaign only mean that GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN should be changed. If not that, what other change are we expecting? Not much else i believe.

Should i vote Jonathan or Jonathan as many have chosen to tag him.
I do not think he is dat, but he has not lived up to my expectations, though it is very likely that i set the bar too high.

I was jolted out of my musings by aloud ''come on chelsea'' and my thinking took a new turn -
This clamour for change is akin to what football fans always, asking that an underperforming player be substituted.
I believe the player on the field started the game for a reason, he is either better than the alternative or there for tactical reasons.

The substitution-if ti takes place- may work in favour of the team, the incoming player may score the winning goal, or his error when he comes may cause his team to loose the match.

Well, it's time for the soccer game, let us leave the game of politics to the politicians.

Will i march for Bahari or march on with Goodluck? The jury is still out on that.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by stuff46(m): 8:37pm On Feb 11, 2015

not updating today
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Evangelio(m): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2015
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Evangelio(m): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
Too many errors in my haste to beat the time. Did i make it?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 9:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
I was unable to met up 2dae again..bt i wil lyk 2 rate d two pple wu rote 2dae...
Kusibe=7 d construction of d eng are arange wel
Evangelio=5 d construction of d eng mak sense bt some eror ensued and he z 1 min late..dat e was unable 2 met it.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Kusibe77(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
Divepen I think you should reschedule the table such that after a deadline is met in a day, the next day will be a break.

You know some of us are running stories (some 2). Chinweblinkz, Theorbiter,Slap1,Kizzykeziah,Cybershow,Thronekid(ur mission kick ass, lol),
Stuff46,Losprince,Tattesco,Princesssusan,Susrite,Akposb,Evangelio,Toluene1

what did ya say?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Cybershow(m): 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
Kusibe77 u bring out a gud advice..yea dat rite
Re: Writers' Checkmate by kizzykeziah: 7:43am On Feb 12, 2015
Kusibe77:
Divepen I think you should reschedule the table such that after a deadline is met in a day, the next day will be a break.

You know some of us are running stories (some 2). Chinweblinkz, Theorbiter,Slap1,Kizzykeziah,Cybershow,Thronekid(ur mission kick ass, lol),
Stuff46,Losprince,Tattesco,Princesssusan,Susrite,Akposb,Evangelio,Toluene1

Yeah, right. And aside running stories, we do have daily schedules that gets tight at times.

It's too bad group 2 (my group) is far behind embarassed

1 Like

Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 12, 2015
Hi guys, I'm sorry for everything but know I never abandonned my group, Never, I'd never do that. Its just that I've been hospitalized since Monday, just went through an operation, hope u'l bear with me?

Group 2, My hands dey fall o, even legs!
Tags:
chinweblinkz
kizzykeziah
Losprince
Tattesco
Princesssusan
Akposb
Evangelio
TOLUENE1 ; and others!

I'l try if I can keep up today! Need your prayers oh!
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Kusibe77(m): 10:39am On Feb 12, 2015
[quote author=thronekid post=30654504][/quote] sorry o.
Hope you r doing better?
Re: Writers' Checkmate by whitemosquito(f): 10:42am On Feb 12, 2015
@thronekid, be healed in Jesus name.
Re: Writers' Checkmate by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 12, 2015
Kusibe77:
sorry o.
Hope you r doing better?
Almost completely Okay Broh, thanks, might even write today!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie At The Women Of The World Festival In London 2018 / The Story Of A Wise Business Man / Role Of Arts In National Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.