Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. (25258 Views)

RED Alert!..plan By Nigeria Army To Kill Nnamdi Kanu In Detention Uncovered / Baby Mauled To Death By Rats In Mexico As Teen Mom Is Out Partying! / ‘sexually Distracting’ Dress Lands School Girl In Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Modelling(f): 12:18pm On Feb 07, 2015
ehie:
A lot of holes in yourstory but I find out you guys took a loan that accumulated ..probably all avenues to get you pay failed.2.you dad hid and your mum went to speak to them and your mum was the signer so she is accountable. The bank probably used all ways to get their money they had no options and they probably couldn't wait for your business to start moving. .see how you make your bed is how you lay on it..cunning man die cunning man bury am. Now kataka don burst we dey hear one side..pay up..maybe na be cos of the loan them commot bank manager. .no sorry for you here..personal responsibility. .own your s.h.it and clean up the mess u made. .next
Brother but why cant u sound a bit sympathetic evn if its not from your heart. At least u'd hav sitted on d fence n wait 2 hear from d other side b/4 sounding like this.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Raymie(m): 12:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
ehie:
what I find offensive us the shying away from personal responsibility. .you are responsible for your actions take the blame when it goes wrong. It is not god. It is not witches in your village.it is not the devil .did they not take the loan reading the fine print..did they pay the debts..that why business or banks go out of business because of these attitudes...We all like america and UK with their nice houses which are mortgaged you fail to pay and the house is repossessed. .I think the bank had to go through this drastic measure because all avenues had failed. It's like a man driving full speed one way and has an accident knowing the consequence..Every action has a reaction. Cause and effect..bad debts cause failed banks and our money is gone if I put a million into a bank and 20 people like this do not pay their
debts the banks go aground and NDIC will pay me 50 k as insurance.because some failed to service their loan.
Y most loans go bad in banks is mainly due to non diligence either on the part of the Bank, the creditor in qualifying their risk asset or the debtor via a number of means. Now if yhu read OP's statement, yhu will observe that the said bank refused the initial principal sum claiming that OP's folks should instead pay the interest, which going by its increasing rate will take another Paris Club meeting to liquidate. So yhu can't entirely blame OP's folks for not attempting to pay. The loan appears to be structured which means the bank "diligently" found the collateral satisfactory BEFORE granting the facility. Anything other than that should be tied to the customer's account. Knowing how Banks in Nigeria are credit shy, I can almost assert that bad loans are done in active connaivance with Bank management.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Meel: 12:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
the op is asking of help without gud details, what is d name of d bank

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Mologi(m): 12:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Shut up and offer a solution. Useless fellow.
mr pagan did u realy qouted me ?...haa! my sister

adure re ti gba
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by frankezi: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
I so don't know why I don't believe this. SARS ( state ANTI ROBBERY squard ) does not handle financial dealings there's the state CID and the EFCC more so the case in hand does not imply your mum to be from the underworld to warrant sars breaking into your house without a warrant. Meanwhile your mum is not arrested on felony charges so its a bailable offence highest they will cease her papers to avoid fleeing and order her to remain in the state with ur family member as surety. Some time we just refuse to read that's why we don't see answers to all our questions around us. And you say the deal is with a bank yeah wasn't there some sought of agreement that was reache? Its an entity that is ment to be carefull with money so that u claim that the bank is being unconstitutionally aggressive its either its not a bank or your family isn't telling the truth. That your family is still is unwilling to let go of worldly materials to secure you mums safety just means you aren't ready to solve your problems. If you value your mum and truely her case is that of defrauding a bank sell off the assest payoff your debts save your mums life and pride, pick up the pieces and get back on the horse. Wish you the best
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
yoged:
hey. Am sorry for calling u that. Shouldn't have done dat. Really sorry

It is fine.

But you need to understand that there are peeps from all walks of life on NL & so discarding someoNe else's viewpoint cos it doesn't sound good still wouldn't make yours right.

It's saddening when people trust their bank to keep their hard - earned money & in the process of the bank intermediating between depositors & borrowers they get stuck cos of unscrupulous debtors like the one the op is talking about.

There are a million sincere peeps out there that need to access these facility but can't cos of these kinda debtors. So you see where I am coming from?

Have a great day
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
Mologi:
mr pagan did u realy qouted me ?...haa! my sister

adure re ti gba

Hw far nw?
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by yoged(m): 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ariel20:

It is fine.

But you need to understand that there are peeps from all walks of life on NL & so discarding someoNe else's viewpoint cos it doesn't sound good still wouldn't make yours right.

It's saddening when people trust their bank to keep their hard - earned money & in the process of the bank intermediating between depositors & borrowers they get stuck cos of unscrupulous debtors like the one the op is talking about.

There are a million sincere peeps out there that need to access these facility but can't cos of these kinda debtors. So you see where I am coming from?

Have a great day
hmmmmmm.have a pleasant weekend as well

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
luka1981:
the loan was 2.8m. and the interest turned it to 7m . we need financial expacts to explain pls.

There are usually clauses for defaulters in your offer letter.

You also need to understand that there is something called time value of money in essence after three years of “investing“ 2.8m in a business you would expect the value of that money to be higher.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by yuzedo: 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
Lincolnburrows:

With your kind of reasoning, don't complain when banks stop giving out loans to small scale businesses. The question should have been why did they default in the payment plan.
Because shìt happens, that's why!

And that is the exact purpose of that thing they call "collateral". RISK MITIGATION.

The issue isn't default, because despite your best laid plans, no matter how superior your business model is, sometimes forces out of your control instigate poor performance.

The bone of contention is the extemporaneous, HIGHLY ILLEGAL debt-retrieval method adopted by the bank in concert with the SARS operatives. Nope. Two wrongs don't make a right!

11 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
ehie:
A lot of holes in yourstory but I find out you guys took a loan that accumulated ..probably all avenues to get you pay failed.2.you dad hid and your mum went to speak to them and your mum was the signer so she is accountable. The bank probably used all ways to get their money they had no options and they probably couldn't wait for your business to start moving. .see how you make your bed is how you lay on it..cunning man die cunning man bury am. Now kataka don burst we dey hear one side..pay up..maybe na be cos of the loan them commot bank manager. .no sorry for you here..personal responsibility. .own your s.h.it and clean up the mess u made. .next
sometimes i wonder the kind of womb some nairalander like this came out from.spits on u.you re foolissh & a waste creature

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Faraidi(m): 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
chocolateme:
With heavy heart, I narrate to you how my mom ended up in SARS custody till today. I may not be able to give every single detail of what happened but please feel my pain and give me your opinion and advice. It may be a bit long but please bear with me.

My parents stay at Anambra but I and my sister stay in Lagos due to our job, I called my mom on Wednesday last 2 days but her number was switched off and I called dad who said mom's phone is broken and that they will call us back when he gets to the house. Ok they never called, yesterday. The same excuses, I asked him if there is any problem, he replied ''no''.

Suddenly by 5.30 this morning he called that we should open the gate for him, meaning that he came to Lagos on night bus. We were surprised, though not that surprised because he is meant to leave for China tomorrow for business.

He opened up this morning that on Wednesday around 5am, their house help woke up to go and switch on the sumo to pump water and saw about five men jumping into our compound through the fence, she ran to their room and woke them, they started hearing loud bangs on the gate from outside and on the iron door entrance to our house. They later realized it was the police but SARS.

Before now, we had business setback and loaned around 2.8m from the bank, (3 years now to be precise). I don't know how they calculated the interest but last year they refused to accept the loan amount first so we can be paying the interest in instalments. So now it accumulated, my dad said the bank said its 7m that we shall pay and even one of our shops that was used as collateral wasn't moving well due to location so it was rented out but it is still my day's property and the local government has its evidence of existence and ownership. The loan was collected by my mom via my dad's signature and paper, they run different lines of businesses and both travels too.

It was the bank that sent them that morning, knowing that it will be very difficult to make contacts to alleviate the situation if they arrest my dad, my mom decided that dad hides so she could speak with them. My dad went up to our penthouse. They ransacked every where in the house and did not see him, one of them noticed the penthouse and went up threatening to break the door ( they were 8 in number). My mom told them that she is the one that got the loan not her husband, that she will go with them to their office.

She changed into her clothes and they took her away till today, my dad has been trying all possible best to bail her through the lawyer but its hard, then they started trailing my dad. The lawyer advised him to leave the state because it will be worst if they catch him and if they catch him, he should forget about traveling or access to make contact while in detention. Secondly it is really important for him to travel as his flight has been booked, since today, so much efforts have been put in to bail her but to no avail, the top ranked police officer has put a call through from Abuja but yet nothing. I don't know how much the SARS were paid.

They went with the shop's original documents and the lawyer today to the shop and the Manager ended up rejecting it after evaluation with reasons that it will not fetch them seven million, its harder because the former bank manager just retired and this is a new manger. The lawyer wanted to file a court case but the NBA Anambra is still on strike that's why it's difficult to bail her.

Her BP is fast going out of hand and she has refused to eat since Wednesday only water. My brother with the lawyer has taken her drugs to her, the lawyer has decided that by Monday, they file the case on Federal high court and that way, they will grant her bail. Everyone is panicking, I don't understand and I don't know but we all unanimously accept that dad should not go there. Though so far, he is getting help from his contacts, but what I know is that the amount 7m is unacceptable. I feel it's unfair to jump into our private property through the fence as if they were coming to catch a criminal, the Manager has turned deaf ear to everybody's plea to grant mom bail on her health status. Well that's all I understand for now, so she will stay there till Monday again,
I don't even know what to do to help. Do you have anything helpful as per advice so we see if she can be released before Monday? Monday sef is too far. My dad is so pale now and is refusing to eat too.
Well,there is nothing much you can do.What the Lawyer said was the best.But the Police don't have right to detain her more than 24 hours,it is a breach of law and miscarriage of justice.You have to be patients,everything shall work out for ur family.By Monday your mom shall be out then you people can sue the bank, and the Police for detaining her beyound 24 hours.You even claim demages.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by ogawisdom(m): 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jesus ur mum dey arm robbery cell, sth tells me urs dad shld ve presented himself n save d poor woman this pain. A lot is invoved here 7m u need to raise part of d money n get a surety to sign d bail bond and ur mum will b freed. Anything short of this plus a sound lawyer will lead to ur mum spending many weeks there.

Right now d woman is in d same cell with female arm robbers, suicide bombers, killer etc pathetic.

For nw someone shld visit her daily with food and water dt ll help her n explain to her dt u guys r making efforts to bring her out dt shld give her hope
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by DuchessLily(f): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
amacastel:
Shey the loan was taken with a collateral? If yes that's there payment in loan obtaining if u refuse to pay the collateral becomes the payment pls don't pay that bank a dime and pls stp begging the manager this is bizness let ur lawyer take the case to court bail ur mum use 1m pursue the case and die the rest of the money
Afterall they evaluate the collateral b4 granting the loan it shld not be ur biznezz if is up to their money or not . Pls explain to ur mum there is no cause for alarm let her eat and pls take away all ur property document they can lay there hands on bringu guys are not owing them again since they have the document of the shop .the manager is trying to intimidate ur family cos they feel they are I anambra where bizness men and women fear them .
Pls don't forget to sue them for house breaking.
If I am u let ur lwayer file a petition against the & arrest the manager for house breaking and unlawful arrest and detention since is sars u go to state c I d awka they will transfer the case then u bail ur mum it will then bcome police matter come today come tommorrow because if u have given then document of a duplex they would have claim the house since without letting sars know
Good luck
correct

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by otiigba1(m): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
What kinda of country are you people living in? One got arrested and in jail for borrowing money from the bank, people owe millions of pounds here in the UK and still sue banks for harrasing them just for demanding for the money undecided in fact the bank manager has no right to jail any one he is just a staff, just like the cleaner in the bank

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by chocolateme(f): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
I have got some contacts from some NLDers here and those who feel like helping out. It's ok now atleast for those that are getting involved from now on, they will see how open the case is. The manager has taken a wrong step by using SARS instead of police department. He believed that through SARS, the seriousness of the bank will be noted but it has already been done. My father is doing his best. A Police commissioner has stepped into the matter now. All I see now is that our not having been able to pay the money has not been good but the department contacted by the bank manager for the arrest was wrong and it is affecting people's insinuations as to whether there is more to this case than this plain details I gave here but it's ok. My mom is fine.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Faraidi(m): 12:49pm On Feb 07, 2015
Yarduni:
Its a pity

if you are a lawyer go and represent them. It looks like the one they got does not know about this.
exactly,it is not even in the jurisdiction of SARS
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ariel20:
Pay your debt first... wicked people judging the bank based on her pathetic story.

Do you know how many bankers would have lost their jobs because of this case?
Shameless debtors, after 3 years & you still have funds to travel to China & even a beautiful house that has a penthouse.

Fear God abeg!

My dear, u dnt write things like dis online, u need to understand that all over d world, people approach banks for credit and govt encourage people to take credits frm banks to help d economy grow. Mind u, most debts that are defaulted or non performing are usually prepared and send to govt who waive taxes for dis banks to cover such non performing loans. If what the OP says is true, then the bank manager is just trying to flex muscles over nothing just to intimidate his family. Remember when list of bank debtors where published during merger, alot of respected Nigerians where indicted and non of the Non performing loan where recovered, because after AMCON investigated and find out that those loan received where really not performing, the CBN had to step in and write d loan off as bad debt. The OP simply needs to man up and take a step to show he knows his right..So dnt say banker lose their jobs because of loan issued to customers, because that's a big LIE...Bank will rather sack an employee for not bring a customer to take a loan than sack someone for a non performing loan which is obvious this is d case here. So pls be guided in ur comments

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Donlexino(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2015
barcanista:
OP lemme be fair to you, your Mom is suffering because she's trying to pervert justice. It is very simple, your father should either go to report himself to a police station or he goes to court to challenge the rape of your mom's fundamental human right. Have in mind however that your mom is held because she isn't cooperating with the law enforcement agents, which in itself is a crime. This said, I candemn the manner in which they entered your compound. It amounts to rascality on the part of the law enforcers.
there's nothing good dat cums out of dz apc goats

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Meel: 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
chocolateme:
I have got some contacts from some NLDers here and those who feel like helping out. It's ok now atleast for those that are getting involved from now on, they will see how open the case is. The manager has taken a wrong step by using SARS instead of police department. He believed that through SARS, the seriousness of the bank will be noted but it has already been done. My father is doing his best. A Police commissioner has stepped into the matter now. All I see now is that our not having been able to pay the money has not been good but the department contacted by the bank manager for the arrest was wrong and it is affecting people's insinuations as to whether there is more to this case than this plain details I gave here but it's ok. My mom is fine.
nothing less than 10 people has told you to mention the name of the bank. For Pete's sake just mention the name of the bank.
I repeat the name of the bank?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
Adikam:
sometimes i wonder the kind of womb some nairalander like this came out from.spits on u.you re foolissh & a waste creature
save UR stinking spittle for yourself..u can't handle any truth even if it bits u on UR a...s..you are the foolish one who cannot accept that any action has a reaction..no wonder your head is messed up ..With things like womb etc..yr life must be messed up for you to have so much aggression..go sit down somewhere..foolish ignorant excuse for a human being..Abegi idon't have time for u jare. .dirty stinking spittle thrower..n.b the truth is always bitter
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
ASSUMING YOUR DAD DEFAULTED ON A LOAN, HE WILL BE TAKEN TO A COURT AND HIS COLLATERAL SEIZED.
THE ARREST THEY MADE IS ILLEGAL WITHOUT A COURT WARRANT AND YOU GUYS CAN ACTUALLY MAKE ALOT OF MONEY FROM THIS.
WHICH BANK DID YOU GUYS GET THE LOAN FROM?
WHO IS THE BANK MANAGER

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Mologi(m): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Hw far nw?
i dey gud

as befor...through HIS power
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by StoneColdBiceps(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
chocolateme:
With heavy heart, I narrate to you how my mom ended up in SARS custody till today. I may not be able to give every single detail of what happened but please feel my pain and give me your opinion and advice. It may be a bit long but please bear with me.

My parents stay at Anambra but I and my sister stay in Lagos due to our job, I called my mom on Wednesday last 2 days but her number was switched off and I called dad who said mom's phone is broken and that they will call us back when he gets to the house. Ok they never called, yesterday. The same excuses, I asked him if there is any problem, he replied ''no''.

Suddenly by 5.30 this morning he called that we should open the gate for him, meaning that he came to Lagos on night bus. We were surprised, though not that surprised because he is meant to leave for China tomorrow for business.

He opened up this morning that on Wednesday around 5am, their house help woke up to go and switch on the sumo to pump water and saw about five men jumping into our compound through the fence, she ran to their room and woke them, they started hearing loud bangs on the gate from outside and on the iron door entrance to our house. They later realized it was the police but SARS.

Before now, we had business setback and loaned around 2.8m from the bank, (3 years now to be precise). I don't know how they calculated the interest but last year they refused to accept the loan amount first so we can be paying the interest in instalments. So now it accumulated, my dad said the bank said its 7m that we shall pay and even one of our shops that was used as collateral wasn't moving well due to location so it was rented out but it is still my day's property and the local government has its evidence of existence and ownership. The loan was collected by my mom via my dad's signature and paper, they run different lines of businesses and both travels too.

It was the bank that sent them that morning, knowing that it will be very difficult to make contacts to alleviate the situation if they arrest my dad, my mom decided that dad hides so she could speak with them. My dad went up to our penthouse. They ransacked every where in the house and did not see him, one of them noticed the penthouse and went up threatening to break the door ( they were 8 in number). My mom told them that she is the one that got the loan not her husband, that she will go with them to their office.

She changed into her clothes and they took her away till today, my dad has been trying all possible best to bail her through the lawyer but its hard, then they started trailing my dad. The lawyer advised him to leave the state because it will be worst if they catch him and if they catch him, he should forget about traveling or access to make contact while in detention. Secondly it is really important for him to travel as his flight has been booked, since today, so much efforts have been put in to bail her but to no avail, the top ranked police officer has put a call through from Abuja but yet nothing. I don't know how much the SARS were paid.

They went with the shop's original documents and the lawyer today to the shop and the Manager ended up rejecting it after evaluation with reasons that it will not fetch them seven million, its harder because the former bank manager just retired and this is a new manger. The lawyer wanted to file a court case but the NBA Anambra is still on strike that's why it's difficult to bail her.

Her BP is fast going out of hand and she has refused to eat since Wednesday only water. My brother with the lawyer has taken her drugs to her, the lawyer has decided that by Monday, they file the case on Federal high court and that way, they will grant her bail. Everyone is panicking, I don't understand and I don't know but we all unanimously accept that dad should not go there. Though so far, he is getting help from his contacts, but what I know is that the amount 7m is unacceptable. I feel it's unfair to jump into our private property through the fence as if they were coming to catch a criminal, the Manager has turned deaf ear to everybody's plea to grant mom bail on her health status. Well that's all I understand for now, so she will stay there till Monday again,
I don't even know what to do to help. Do you have anything helpful as per advice so we see if she can be released before Monday? Monday sef is too far. My dad is so pale now and is refusing to eat too.

Eeyah soory dear, but dis is not soppose to get to dis extent. From my experience as a credit risk analyst in a bank, any deliquent/bad/loss loan has a way of recovery. U said its like 3 years so dat is classified "loss" according to cbn prudential guidline. Wat d bank do here is to appoint a recovery agent to act on dia behalf to recover d bad loan. 2.8Million s still on a low side to warrant all dis swat action in ur dads compound! D revovery agent stand to get 10% frm d revovery. Ur family can get a good lawyer to sue on dat action. Frm my experience as a credit risk officer in my bank, wat i'll advice ur dad do is his lawyer should write to d bank for concession or restructure of d loan. His lawyer shld plead dat bizness is bad dats why ur mum cldnt repay d loan. Dat d bank should give concession or waiver of paying just d 2.8M. D resultant 7M is as a result of debit interest accruals/accumulation frm d point d account went into debit. In banking accounting principle,everyday ur account goes into debit dia is debit interest against it so its unhealthy! So ur dads lawyer sld plead to cancel all d accumulated debit interest and interest element tide to d loan and just pay only d principal loan. Ur dads lawyer shld beg d bank to stop interest on d account so dat ur dad can effect credit swings. All dis plea above is done/granted by all banks, dey will approve ur dads plea. After all these, d bank will invite or write ur dad on d restructure/concession. Ur dad shld promise on a monthly payment or lump payment till he settles everyting. If u guys have money just settle it onze and for all....except ur mum/dad did sometin more atrouciouse, because i wonder why SARS will bé involved to d extent of jumping d fence into ur compound to make arrest.Sorry dear take hearth. Feel free to ask any questions...

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Opiosko: 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
chocolateme:

Man your family is sitting on money. Police no dey draw debt. Chai! see water tight case mehn!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by bigtt76(f): 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
The bank don buy market naaa! Was SARS involved when the loan was being obtained? Or did they find anything criminal with the loan given your parents?

Let your lawyer sue the bank and claim N20Bn for unlawful breaking and harassment ...that will teach them a lesson undecided

BTW ...is this a conventional Nigerian bank or one of those Micro-finance Institutions? The MF are known for this sort of behavior a conventional Nigerian bank will not behave in such a way.

Please name the bank so we can help out!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by fairprince(m): 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
StoneColdBiceps:

Eeyah soory dear, but dis is not soppose to get to dis extent. From my experience as a credit risk analyst in a bank, any deliquent/bad/loss loan has a way of recovery. U said its like 3 years so dat is classified "loss" according to cbn prudential guidline. Wat d bank do here is to appoint a recovery agent to act on dia behalf to recover d bad loan. 2.8Million s still on a low side to warrant all dis swat action in ur dads compound! D revovery agent stand to get 10% frm d revovery. Ur family can get a good lawyer to sue on dat action. Frm my experience as a credit risk officer in my bank, wat i'll advice ur dad do is his lawyer should write to d bank for concession or restructure of d loan. His lawyer shld plead dat bizness is bad dats why ur mum cldnt repay d loan. Dat d bank should give concession or waiver of paying just d 2.8M. D resultant 7M is as a result of debit interest accruals/accumulation frm d point d account went into debit. In banking accounting principle,everyday ur account goes into debit dia is debit interest against it so its unhealthy! So ur dads lawyer sld plead to cancel all d accumulated debit interest and interest element tide to d loan and just pay only d principal loan. Ur dads lawyer shld beg d bank to stop interest on d account so dat ur dad can effect credit swings. All dis plea above is done/granted by all banks, dey will approve ur dads plea. After all these, d bank will invite or write ur dad on d restructure/concession. Ur dad shld promise on a monthly payment or lump payment till he settles everyting. If u guys have money just settle it onze and for all....except ur mum/dad did sometin more atrouciouse, because i wonder why SARS will bé involved to d extent of jumping d fence into ur compound to make arrest.Sorry dear take hearth. Feel free to ask any questions...
. I strongly believe the parents did not cooperate with the bank and the recovery agent. I also believ there are still part of this story lurking somewhere we are not aware of. Banks take a long time and patience b4 it gets to this level. Even for collateral realisation, all other options wld hav been evaluated. Pls let ur dad request for Full and Final Settlement. Pay the original loan amount and add part of the interest. They will accept it and write off the remaining. But you must present sth tangible in ur negotiation since ur collateral is also in their custody. Next time, pls always be open to ur bank on any issues affecting u. They will more than willingly extend, restructure or refinance u. Sorry abt this whole thing.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Ejiketg: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
U don't have to panic.......ur family can hit a jackpot 4rm dis situation..........all u nid to do is to get a better Lawyer to commence breach of fundamental human rigth procedence against the Bank, the police, the manager and any other person that was instrumental to molesting ur mother......fundamental human rigth procedece can be commence at the federal high or the state high court, don't reach any compromise wit de. By the time u finish wit dem dey won't be talkin abt the loan again but how mch to to pay ur mother........I wish I was in Anambra state.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Caveatemptor(m): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
chocolateme:

Why have you found it difficult to mention the name of the bank and the name of the branch where this atrocity took place?
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by chocolateme(f): 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
Meel:
nothing less than 10 people has told you to mention the name of the bank. For Pete's sake just mention the name of the bank.
I repeat the name of the bank?
its Union Bank. You can mail me ok tnx. So far all is moving on well.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
Hmm, union bank isnt know for such. I was expecting UBA.

The truth is dt ur dad allowed this to degenerate. He did not keep to his own terms and was not willing to keep to it. I believe the bank must have called him for several meetings in which he didnt keep up to the terms.

Anyway, u shld get ready. I recommend Barr. Obi Anazoba (san ) for such a case as this. The man is huge in built. Once he steps in, he will start raking those ppl and they will do the needful immediately, and guess what? lawyers like bank cases cos money must drop. His office is sumwhere in new market road, onitsha,. get to hollywood and ask other lawyers where exactly obi anazoba's office is. he is an onitsha man .
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
Lemme correct that a bit.

Mologi:
i dey gud

as befor...through HIS DIA power

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Accident Kills Traders In Niger State While Transporting Their Goods (Graphic) / Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? Share Your Experience! / #evenif Hilariously Trending On Twitter (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.