Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Inec Accepts To Postpone The Elections? See Tweets From Inec - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Accepts To Postpone The Elections? See Tweets From Inec (5433 Views)

Benjamin Uwajumogu Gets Certificate Of Return From INEC(Pix) / Kogi State Election Public Notice Coming From INEC / See Photos Of The Woman Who Cried As Buhari Received His Certificate From INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inec Accepts To Postpone The Elections? See Tweets From Inec by Bayswater: 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
FrankC3:

Only cowards throw insult in a faceless forum. Real men present their position and defend it logically. I will assume for one second that you did not throw insult and acted a little more mature. I recognize that you are a human being, with rights to hold opinions that are different from mine. I also recognize that human society has proven that diversity (even in opinions) brings out the best from the society, that is why some countries pursue 'diversity visa lottery' and serious companies build diverse team. From your response, I don't think you understand these.

You threw some figures around, including some projections but you did not really address my concern. If you factor in the extra 3 million that would have been distributed by February 13th, 27 million human beings with rights to vote will still be left out the loop. I am not expecting 100% collection but we must collectively strive to hit at least 85% - 90% mark after massive campaigns in this direction by INEC, political parties and Civic Society Organizations. That is the only way to get citizens to ask questions about the way they are being governed and that is what real anti-corruption means.

You may not understand that democracy is an idea, if you read the writings of John Locke, you may just understand better that no democrat supports disenfranchisement by the State especially when the disenfranchised still desire to participate. The reason is because participation in the election process boosts the moral authority of the elected to take decisions on our behalf, including the right to sign the death warrant of death row inmates. What you seem to be saying is that we should leave out those 27 million eligible voters because they do not matter. I disagree with you. Have you wondered why the vote of a Professor in the University has equal voting weight as that of a stark illiterate of 18 years and above?

Most of the other points you presented are quite emotional. How can you be sure that some people registered multiple times? Each person's finger print is unique and they are run through the machines before production, so if people registered multiple times, they would have been identified at production.

You also sounded as though it does not matter if the IDPs are disenfranchised. What gives you the right to choose their next leaders for them? Voting is not just a civic right, it is a civic responsibility for a reason. Are you comfortable if elections are not held in the North East because of the ongoing campaign?

As for the talk of the President trying to delay the elections so that your candidate will not win, how does that even make sense to you? The elections will be tightly contested and any winner will likely not have a landslide. Believe otherwise at your peril. But whatever you believe, remember that if he had decided to act like Obasanjo, you will not be as hopeful of the victory of your candidate as you are today. At least, he gave you faith in the process that 'may' product your candidate as the preferred candidate.

Finally, my point remains that so far it still depend on us to ensure that more people get involved in the electoral process, we must make that happen.

Do not act like a gentleman with these eediots or else they will drag your name in the mud. What they understand is violence, if they slap you, slap them back but ten times harder, then you will have peace.

Infact all you janja-rats with evil ulterior motives for Nigeria, may eternal poverty grace your homes!
Re: Inec Accepts To Postpone The Elections? See Tweets From Inec by mcceemillz: 6:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
Nawa ooo.... Jega is just a toy aswear.

See TOBY GREY 'GBOJU CROONER' PHOTO SHOOT FOR HER NEW OFFICIAL SINGLE. Sexy Shots!!

http://www.qualityrumor.co.uk/2015/02/toby-grey-gboju-crooner-releases-photo.html

Re: Inec Accepts To Postpone The Elections? See Tweets From Inec by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
Election Postponement– Call or Write Prof. Attahiru Jega Today

Phone number: (+234 803-646-3118)

E-mail Address: attahirujega@yahoo.com

Tell him # WeAreReady !

Keep forwarding !
Re: Inec Accepts To Postpone The Elections? See Tweets From Inec by KanwuliaJara: 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
Sssssshai!!!!
Can BUHARI survive this?
TINUBU go taya to "spen" money oooooooh!!!! cheesy

Even Zahara school fees will not be paid this month by IBB and TINUBU. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi Claiming Igbo To Further His Ambition Of Becoming President-Wike / APC Committee To Release Convention Guidelines Today / Enugu 2023: Nsukka Youths Drum Support For Governor Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.