Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? (34134 Views)

Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup / A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2015
Sezua:
if i eat okro, and it's not very pepperish, i automatically throw up
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Riclord001(m): 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
Sezua:
if i eat okro, and it's not very pepperish, i automatically throw up
SO?
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 08, 2015
Fribery:
how wont it gv u stomach upset wen u yoruba people don't know how to cook okro soup?..
Shut up fool.
BackDatAssUp:
Yorubas will blame even soup for their failure.
Another brainless fool, it is not only the Yorubas that hold the believe about Okro. Even Igbos do
Ishilove:
My mum doesn't eat draw soup too. Whenever she ate it she always faced severe attacks, so she quit it.
Spiritualists don't eat draw soup. That's my observation.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Fribery: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Shut up fool.

yoruba man n fried plantain match made in heaven..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
obiak4:
spiritual implications most people that refused to eat okro are involved with charms and diabolism FACT ask a won agba
my 100000 cowries contribution

OP THIS IS THE MAIN ANSWER YOU NEED......they dont use it cause it spoils charm........
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Sezua(m): 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2015
Riclord001:

SO?
sosoliso airlines
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by hoitnez(m): 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
obiak4:
spiritual implications most people that refused to eat okro are involved with charms and diabolism FACT ask a won agba
my 100000 cowries contribution
Ȋ̝̊̅†̥'s only †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ fetish yoruba pple †нα† wud avoid it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by bynat(f): 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
Nutase:
girls that bear keziah to ibos are equivalent to yoruba girls that bear animasaun
wats the meaning of Animasaun pls?
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
Some people believe it reduces the potency of their charms so they don't eat it.

Some don't eat it because of its slimy nature, they find it irritating.

Also it just doesn't sit well feeding your guests with Okro Soup in whatever form. That's why it's generally believed u serve what everybody eats at parties.

But personally I do Okro whether in the igbo ogbonno form, Yoruba greenish with stew, ila-alasepo, in whatever form it is heavenly with pounded yam........lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by demmy0325(m): 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
kizzykeziah:
A few years ago,my mum was at a party where okro soup mixture(popularly called ila asepo among yoruba people) was served with boiled meat(gross,isn't it?) and most people couldn't help complaining about the food.They felt it was totally wrong and you know,my mum keeps talking about how insulting that was each chance she gets.

Well it has been noticed(by me smiley) among a number of families who try as much as possible to avoid eating okro and some I know have even banned it from being eaten in their homes because of the belief that the soup draws back the progress of those who eat it and they could even get 'spiritually attacked'.

Some simply avoid it because of the stomach upset that comes with the soup.What do you think about this conception?Is okro really that wrong to be presented at parties?

BTW,I sort of love okro soup save for the stomach upset that at times come with it. cool

.. It seemz ds op want 2 eat okro soup ds aftanun afta church.. Nd she nids our approval 2 justify ha conscience.. Dnt wori op.. We gat ur back...
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
Euh... how do I say this in order not to offend my dear yoruba friends?

Okra giving you stomach upset is totally subject to how it's prepared. It's only in yoruba land I've heard okra gives stomach upset. Then I observed more only to find out they cook it differently. I'm not criticizing the way they cook it but I don't like it maybe cause I never got to adapt.

Now this superstitious attribute strange to me. We don't hold such believes here whether it spoils charms or causes attack.

My elder brother doesn't just like it while I love it with ogbono and stockfish.

Personally, I think most people won't serve it in occasions cause of its tendency to stain clothes.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by xtervaganza(m): 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
Fribery:
how wont it gv u stomach upset wen u yoruba people don't know how to cook okro soup?.. how would you say boiling salt water and okro together would gv u okro soup? then u come add orishirishi put in the name of stew..ewwwww.... u nid to find the nearest calabar/igbo kitchen and find out how its done..

note there is no spiritual implication in eating okro soup infact na d spiritual na em dey sweet pass..
imagine this son of a wh0re talking nonsense here. So because some people refuse to eat okra soup it means they can't cook?

E no go better for you join the people wey like your comment. Stoopid animal

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Francis5: 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
Yoruba style okra soup is nothing but poison. You guys can't cook.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
bynat:
wats the meaning of Animasaun pls?
a lady that give everyone kitty cat.
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by ChristyG(f): 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Fribery:

yoruba man n fried plantain match made in heaven..
i will still ila alasepo over any of ur useless ibo soups,so dont flatter ur empty self,cos they dont serve it at parties does not mean dat they dont know how to cook it.atleast,they dont eat human beings like u pple

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Ilekeh(f): 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
Who forbade it because I chop it anywhere anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by ChristyG(f): 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Francis5:
at least we dont cook and eat human beings like ur animals.stone eaters

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Ilekeh(f): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
kizzykeziah:
A few years ago,my mum was at a party where okro soup mixture(popularly called ila asepo among yoruba people) was served with boiled meat(gross,isn't it?) and most people couldn't help complaining about the food.They felt it was totally wrong and you know,my mum keeps talking about how insulting that was each chance she gets.

Well it has been noticed(by me smiley) among a number of families who try as much as possible to avoid eating okro and some I know have even banned it from being eaten in their homes because of the belief that the soup draws back the progress of those who eat it and they could even get 'spiritually attacked'.

Some simply avoid it because of the stomach upset that comes with the soup.What do you think about this conception?Is okro really that wrong to be presented at parties?

BTW,I sort of love okro soup save for the stomach upset that at times come with it. cool

Poor Nigerians trying to act polish.

No be okra our grandmas grew up eating?
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by ReLaTE(m): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
I don't like eating okro prepared outside my home unless a close family that i know their level of hygiene bcus it irritates me,bt at home its one of my best.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Francis5: 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
ChristyG:
at least we dont cook and eat human beings like ur animals.stone eaters

Ode, do you know the content of those useless yoruba medicines (agbo) you drink?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by clemz85(m): 1:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
I dunno about any implication spiritual or
physical attached to it, it is a delicious soup but
not for me anymore, I just found my body
tormenting me anytime I took it.

I dread it now

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Generalkorex(m): 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
I dnt eat it cos I dnt like anything draw soup.ogbono,ila and ewedu is a no for me. Some people even dey talk say okro dey cause low sperm count for men.
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by folabayo1(f): 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2015
Prophessor:
pls what is OKRA, I'm new here and I school in France undecided
Stale undecided
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by kikelomojessy(f): 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2015
If I prepare okra soup for U̶̲̥̅̊ eh, U̶̲̥̅̊ won't tink of any negative stuff. Okro soup can be done in different ways and it will appear good to the eyez. My family love okro soup well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by coolebux(m): 1:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
Is it not Ofe Okwuru that is sent from heaven?

Our youths are gradually breaking from the norm

No wonder they grow so lean that their pants hangs on the edge of their waists, they still call it Sagging.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
MadCow1:

That France joke is now old..

I wonder when you children would grow up. I am 65 years old just so you know. angry
your signature though,lol...I should actually check that section out,who knows,you might be right
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by LadyH(f): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2015
This is weird. Never heard of such. okro soup rocks
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by Hero10001: 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
For SW, Okro dey spoil juju.
During my service year in South Kaduna (2012), i chop okro and tuwo masara sote all the juju (okigbe, ayeta, anosare, aluwo, ewon shoponna, gbekude etc) weh i carry come for Ijebu spoil finish.
Na God protect me from BH and fulani attacks.
Eversince, i dey chop okro wella.
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by uboma(m): 2:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
Fribery:
how wont it gv u stomach upset wen u yoruba people don't know how to cook okro soup?.. how would you say boiling salt water and okro together would gv u okro soup? then u come add orishirishi put in the name of stew..ewwwww.... u nid to find the nearest calabar/igbo kitchen and find out how its done..

note there is no spiritual implication in eating okro soup infact na d spiritual na em dey sweet pass..

Your second paragraph makes sense. Nothing spiritual about eating okro soup. Its among my favourite, I even prefer a well prepared one to Egusi soup.
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by uboma(m): 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
Francis5:

You need to learn to appreciate other people's culture. I enjoy foods prepared by my Western sisters.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by soniaogbu(f): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
D problem is not the okoro but Yoruba. People does not know how to cook. Pls stop cooking okoro white and then add salt to it. I have thought more than 6 yorubas how to cook including the okoro. Okore and vergetable is a wonderful soup. It also help men to perform very well.
Re: Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? by uboma(m): 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
kikelomojessy:
If I prepare okra soup for U̶̲̥̅̊ eh, U̶̲̥̅̊ won't tink of any negative stuff. Okro soup can be done in different ways and it will appear good to the eyez. My family love okro soup well.

Please invite me the next time you prepare a meal with okro soup.

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Is Bag Of Pure Water In Your Area? / How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! / Photos: Nigerian Man Wins Spicy Food Challenge In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.