Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes (49193 Views)

Senate Suspends Confirmation Of 27 INEC RECs Over Magu's Leadership of EFCC / INEC Chiefs Got Diezani’s N23.3b For Poll / 2016 Budget: Presidency, NASS Break Deadlock As VP Osinbajo Heads Monitoring Com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by jt2010: 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
The meeting between the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Attahiru Jega, and the nation’s resident electoral commissioners has ended in a deadlock, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.

The deadlock follows the rejection of the proposal to shift the elections by 21 RECs who insisted that election must go on as planned.

However, the RECs have agreed to support the poll shift on two conditions. Firstly that Mr. Jega must extract commitment from the Presidency and security agencies that further extension will not be required after six weeks.

“RECs need a guarantee that there will not be further postponement after the six weeks they are demanding,” our source said.

He also said the second condition was that the commission should be allowed to decide how long the postponement should last.

“The feeling is that outside forces, especially the security agencies, should not be the ones to decide how long to shift the elections. That should be solely decided by INEC,” he said.
To this end, it was agreed that Mr. Jega should consult with the presidency and security agencies, after which another meeting will hold by 8pm.

“The Chairman will then brief the RECs on the outcome of his consultations,” our said.

INEC has all day been holding consultative meetings with political parties, civil society organisations and the RECs with a view to taking decision on whether to or not postpone the general elections scheduled for February 14 and 28.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/176435-breaking-deadlock-inec-recs-give-jega-conditions-poll-shift.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
To be INEC chairman this period no be beans oh. The pressure mhen!

123 Likes

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by utytill(m): 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Funny conditions.I was expecting something like "we will resigned if....".But dem don calculate how much dem for hammer next week,bad market.The military operation in NE will send some Niger,Chad and Benin Republic,Sudan member packing. Parties will spend more on thier foreign machineries. Machineries will renegotiate deal. Enough time to search for the missing certificate(if any). Extra time for medical checkup abroad. Broom,umbrella will continue selling. phew....janjaweedians stoned me not.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by thaoriginator: 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Omo see long ting.. Jonathan don scatter everything.. Bush man!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by doctokwus: 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
The security chiefs won't give INEC any guarantees because they can't guarantee any,but particularly because issue of security they gave is tertiary to their concerns.The only calculation is the hope that in six weeks time sth dramatic would have shifted in GEJ's favor.
Common sense shd tell everybody that you can't give a definite time frame for defeating a terrorist group.So what if in 6 wks BH is still very much operational,will another shift be called for?
I know this won't end well for GEJ,its ominous the man is tempting faith.

194 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by SomebodyLovesMe: 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
doctokwus:
The security chiefs won't give INEC any guarantees because they can't guarantee any,but particularly because issue of security they gave is tertiary to their concerns.The only calculation is the hope that in six weeks time sth dramatic would have shifted in GEJ's favor.
Common sense shd tell everybody that you can't give a definite time frame for defeating a terrorist group.So what if in 6 wks BH is still very much operational,will another shift be called for?
I know this won't end well for GEJ,its ominous the man is tempting faith.

Brilliant.

113 Likes

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by clevvermind(m): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jega go dey sweat even under ac now. nor be small thing.grin

Jonathan till 2019 sha.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2015
oga na master,GEJ TILL 2019

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by SomebodyLovesMe: 8:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
The clueless one is desperate and afraid. He has every reason to be, as we #March4Buhari and #March2AsoRock

Meanwhile, Gej Must #March2Otuoke

150 Likes

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by ggrin(f): 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by ozo13(m): 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
Stop that man.please stop him

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by babarazy: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Make dem kuku cancel the election nigbayen

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Omo, e clear say buhari for win on the 14th, even as a PDP supporter, I saw this from afar.

Only 5 northern states who have gone far with distribution would have outnumbered the whole of SE and SS who are yet to even remember the units they registered.

Went to INEC office, obio/akpor to pick up my PVC, as at 12 noon, the officer in charge of my ward hadn't arrived, some others were busy, shouting at us through the window, as if they were doing us a favor.

Others were signalling desperate persons in the crowd, collecting 200-500 naira to fast track the collection process. All I could do was pity GEJ, his people seem to be uninterested in the elections.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by armadeo(m): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Apparently there is something they know that we don't. what is going to change in 6 weeks. those who have their PVC'S already know what party they would vote for. Nothing can change that.

i find it laughable that boko haram menace suddenly became a priority that would commence for 6 weeks from Feb 14. how dumb do these people think we are? that means the very existence of the nation is in the hands of slow folks who cant even come up with a convincing lie.

anyway i feel the FG aka GEJ FOR NOW IS SCARED SHITLESS AND THE HANDWRITING IS ON THE WALL AND THEY UNDERSTAND IT. JUST YESTERDAY I HEARD ON THE NEWS THAT OVER $245MILLION was withdrawn from the external reserve.

all I want is peace and nobody should bring chaos on account of his power grabbing antics. the only advice i have for upcoming politicians is 4yrs is really a short time.

43 Likes

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by Ryabcool(m): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Shame...
Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by Jusmudi(m): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
is very difficult 2 fight sm1 in power

5 Likes

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by jide53: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Their conditions are reasonable and okay with me.

Election Postponement: Why we can’t proceed with elections – Jega
Source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/3084-election-postponement-why-we-can-t-proceed-with-elections-jega

3 Likes

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by U235weapongrade: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Wetin turn Iwu to "wuru Wuru", no go turn jega to "jaga jaga"...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by armadeo(m): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
APC WILL VOTE APC

PDP WILL VOTE PDP.

If GEJ likes let him get PHCN to work, free food, free fuel stop police harassment in 6 weeks APC peeps will still vote for APC.

IF buhari likes he should convert to Christianity, become a pastor PDP peeps will still vote PDP.

what am i saying, postponement of the elections will only delay the results, it will be what it will be.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
#TeamElectionsMustHold

3 Likes

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by shaddi(m): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES, THE WIND OF CHANGE WOULD BLOW

A. P. C!!!!!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by omophunky(m): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
I just pray this election is not postpone angry

6 Likes

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by Eyepencil: 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
SAI MARCHUHARI

grin grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by BWGISTdotCOM: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
ok ooo
Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by kamez(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
U guys should stop wasting our time and decieving urselves..

Even a day old baby already knows that this election will be postponed...

Carry ur lazy assses and announce the new date abeg....

Valentines day addicts, already smiling and shining their teeth

6 Likes

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by babestella: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
jega jega
Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
It is well
Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by saintandsinnerz: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
They should spare us this drama and come up with a resolution ASAP!
Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by CuteMaro(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
All i see are more reasons to vote GEJ out.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by lomprico(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
grin

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by ShakurM(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
Kudos to the person who masterminded all this !

No worry. We go march into March again
#Change. We still got tricks up our sleeves tongue
#ProudlyAPC

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes by Abuklaw(m): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
The pressure of being an inec commissioner at the moment is too much. Why must the presidency think postponing the election will give them edge over APC?
We cannot be intimidated in anyway, we will stand to our ground in the presence of political gimmick.

We will march4buhari

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Newly Recruited Soldiers In Borno Take To The Streets To Show Their "Color".PICS / Wike Campaigns For Obaseki, Says "Today Is The End Of Godfatherism In Edo" / 2019: Shehu Sani Lists 6 Men Who Have Integrity Like President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.