Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections (1295 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Almost Stranded Abroad Recently - Dawntodusknews.com / Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times / Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by nigerinstitute: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
Goverment machinery has been put into motion to ensure Goodluck's victory come March 28th by compelling INEC to rechedule the elections on security grounds echos of "weapons of mass destruction" fiasco. Be it as it may all parties need to refocus and prepare for extended campaigning.

We expose the strategy PDP hopes to execute in the next seven weeks to guarantee thier re-election

Campaign Strategy:
- Increase campaigning in key swing states: More aggresive advertising in Rivers, Edo, Ekiti, Ondo, Imo, Taraba, Nasarawa, Kebbi & Kwara
- Increase Campaign expediture: PDP's has vast sums at its disposal & assumes that APC will not be able to maintain the momentum in campaigning expenditure, government will increase its media campaign in an attempt to saturate the media and drown out the opposition

Security Strategy:
- Secure the capture and or death of Boko Haram Leader
- Locate and free the Chibok girls

Anti Corruption Strategy:
- EFCC will spring into action and make dramatic arrests of ex governors of APC on corruption charges
- Make announcements on new anti corruption strategies with arrests of key government civil servants and an arrest of a former minister or parastatal MD as sacraficial lambs

Economic Strategy:
- Make announcements of increased funding for Sure p with pubic presentation of awards for 1000's of Youths in various states
- Declare a temporary policy reversal by reducing tarriffs on a number of imports to cushion the impact of devaluation of the Niara

Power Strategy:
- Bring forward the announcement of additional new power plants to be developed in various states across the various political zones
- Announcement of special power provision for key states such as Lagos, Kano, Rivers, Enugu & Abuja

Will they execute these policies and will they change the mind of the electorate we will know in 7 weeks time. What do you think the government can do to ensure re-election or is there nothing that will sway the mind of the electorate, is change inevitable. The test of a true democracy is when there is seemless change from one party to the opposition without rancour.

contact: info@nigerianinstitute.com for Nigeria State of the Nation Report

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by eyenibibio(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by enoqueen: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
whatever

GMB ALL THE WAY tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by L0nestar(m): 1:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
enoqueen:
whatever
GMB ALL THE WAY tongue

Hmm...
I'm watching
But come to think of this..
They couldn't achieve these in six years
Would they now do them in six weeks..
A Lil too late
#iHavedecided
#Match4Change
#MarchWithBuhari
#ChangeIsInevitable

5 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by focus7: 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jonathan suddenly realise that Nigeria is not shepopotamous kitchen that he can run anyhow. He thought he could just tolerate anything in the government and expect the people to approve him.
Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by armadeo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
it wont change much.

there are die hard voters in this country and i can assure you that 98% of voters know whom they are gonna vote for. nothing can sway their opinion.

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by nigerinstitute: 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
You may be right that it may be too little too late
The capture of Boko Haram Leader & release of Chibok girls will be a big coup
Some people allege that govt is involved so this result cannot be ruled out
Others allege Opposition complicity in which case it will be near impossible for Govt to free them
Maybe Buhari can negotiate thier release like how Reagan negotiated release of Iranian Hostages after defeating Carter
Im not sure whether Nigerians wille get sucked in by the carpet bombing saturation advertising of PDP
You got to admit that they have slick adverts & catchy jingles
NTA however is so biased and should be privatised or made truely independent after the elections
To ensure a level playing field for the major candidates
I dont know what bribes will be sufficient to sway the electorate
Resolution of power inadequacy will take time but governments policies are inadequate
We need gas storage tanks strategically located close to New Thermal Power Plants to ensure regular gas supplies
They need to announce their intention to build these farms as priority projects as these will ensure the constant operation of these plants
What are APC going to do in the meantime to ensure that its supporters dont relax, they need to keep up the
pressure complacency is very dangerous for either party.

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by dedollarman(m): 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
Thanks 4 the info thanks 4 not accusing him of planing to rig the election GEJ may not be a saint but a humble man far better than G M B whom i know would Tomorrow betry the people that voted him in expectially other Tribe, or region in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by SkyBlue1: 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
It is too late. Only fools would be moved even if Jonathan implements all those things listed. He has had five years to tackle corruption and it is now in the eleventh hour he wants to make a go at "tackling" it? Is this not a guy who just last week was in Bayelsa campaigning and hailing Alams the convicted ex governor he pardoned as his "boss"? "He is my boss and he will forever remain my boss", his words you can search for the video. And that is a man that can tackle corruption? Abeg preach something else. Jonathan IS corruption, and hopefully Nigerian's are a bit wiser, HOPEFULLY
Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by SkyBlue1: 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
dedollarman:
Thanks 4 the info thanks 4 not accusing him of planing to rig the election GEJ may not be a saint but a humble man far better than G M B whom i know would Tomorrow betry the people that voted him in expectially other Tribe, or region in this country

Don't you think you deserve better? Keep shouting "tribe" and carrying it on your head, what development has that brought you so far? The man that is in power now has not betrayed you enough. What an irony, claiming somebody is a bigot when you are the one displaying that bigotry. The man in power is corrupt and there is no light or security or good infrastructure, but you will vote him in anyway because you are scared the other man might "betray" your tribe? Yes. How rational you sound. It is reasoning like this that is destroying this country, not bad politicians, bad followership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by size38: 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
As for me, that won't change anything. because I have made up mind for a Nigeria and Rivers state. I need change, Nigerians need change. In Governor Amaechi I believe. In APC I remain.

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
PDP is dead ....cosmetics and half hearted projects will not save the party in 7 weeks time....
Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by Creamz(m): 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2015
I believe this are some of their strategies especially the first point you made. We as Nigerians have to dig deep to hold on to our resolve that what we want is change irrespective of what the PDP are willing to do at this last minute. All of this shows one thing that we have the power in our hand. Let's use that power to vote in who we know will stamp out corruption and make Nigeria a better place. Even the rich ones in this country are scared to enjoy their hard earned money because when you do, you will be the next target of kidnap. All this is as a result of no availability of jobs. Let's vote for a better Nigeria. I am saying this as a Nigerian who wants a better future for Nigerians and not a member of any political party. I think this present government has failed to provide security for those in the North east and are highly corrupt. I hope the change we all clamour for becomes a reality in March. # March4Buhari
Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by londoner: 2:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
@OP, I doubt the BH point, it would have made mor sense to kill the leader and capture girls before now. Although, if PDP achieves all this, Buhari's usp is immediately gone.

I think it's simply to ensure security for NE voters.

If below is true, then its a disappointment..........and from the so called party against electoral corruption lol

https://www.nairaland.com/2136099/fashola-release-igbo-pvcs-now
Re: How Goodluck Plans To Win Postponed Elections by ngoziiwenofu1: 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
Any how GEJ plans to win, win is win. APC plan your own winning. Haba!!

(1) (Reply)

Who Did Better Tonight #GMB Or #GEJ? / Primary School Students In Imo State Working In A Farm During School Hours photo / Buhari Leads With 3 Million Votes After Controversial Results From Rivers, Akwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.