Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Do We Really Need To See Members' Birthdays?/Nairaland Search Is Too Basic - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do We Really Need To See Members' Birthdays?/Nairaland Search Is Too Basic (924 Views)

Admin Alert! Nairaland Search Engine / The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help / Nairaland Search Engine What's Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Need To See Members' Birthdays?/Nairaland Search Is Too Basic by Skidoc(m): 5:59pm On Jan 01, 2009
Ok, I have two topics so I'll just merge them into one.
1.  Do we really need to see Members' birthdays? Is the loooooong birthday list at the bottom of the home page giving anyone else goose pimples? lol. They look like a cluster of tiny ants! What's the use of the list anyway?
2. The search function on Nairaland is too basic. Can we not get something that lets one search keywords by username, date, etc. The main useful search tool that can perform most of these functions has been disabled. Admin, why's that?
Re: Do We Really Need To See Members' Birthdays?/Nairaland Search Is Too Basic by Jarus(m): 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2009
Answer to question1: I think it's OK having members birthdates/age displayed. On August 23, I was curious to look out for landers that share same birthdate with me.
Re: Do We Really Need To See Members' Birthdays?/Nairaland Search Is Too Basic by Skidoc(m): 6:29pm On Jan 01, 2009
But you can always check it here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/action-calendar
Re: Do We Really Need To See Members' Birthdays?/Nairaland Search Is Too Basic by mohawkchic(f): 6:42am On Jan 02, 2009
Skidoc:

But you can always check it here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/action-calendar

~First Ive seen the NL Calender! shocked You have a point there!

(1) (Reply)

If I Were A Woman I Would Be A Prostitute In Europe / Gunmen Attack Nigerian Air Force Command Secondary School In Kano / Do You Want Nigeria To Split Like Sudan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.