Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help (1052 Views)

Admin Alert! Nairaland Search Engine / Nairaland Search Engine What's Up / Do We Really Need To See Members' Birthdays?/Nairaland Search Is Too Basic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by tushbobo(m): 11:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
I dont know if im the only one affected by this.i was used to opening past topics i could nt locate via nairaland search but not anymore. for instance if u search for "how to import a car" it gives u just a few posts and keeps on highlighting common words such as "to" and "a". unlike what obtained before where u ll just see numerous topics with those words and locate the one you need. at the end there s no link to what u r searching for.
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 29, 2012
That looks like Google custom search. So try to do that from your regular Google search engine.
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by Seun(m): 1:28am On Mar 29, 2012
The Nairaland custom search engine has been replaced with Google Custom Search. I hope you like it.
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 29, 2012
Na wa o
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by Seun(m): 8:27am On Mar 29, 2012
The old search engine is still available at the bottom of every page, for those who prefer it.

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by Afam4eva(m): 10:28am On Mar 29, 2012
I hate the new search engine with a passion. It doesn't even order the search in ascending order. Seun, please revert to the old one.
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by Seun(m): 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ok, now I'm confused. I suppose I should have posted a poll.
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by yamakuza: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
Depends on which one Afam is referring to.
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2012
I think he's referring to Google SiteSearch since Google doesn't sort in ascending order.
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by yamakuza: 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
ok then.

afam4eva: I hate the new search engine with a passion. It doesn't even order the search in ascending order. Seun, please revert to the old one.

The old one is available at the bottom as Seun said.

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by tushbobo(m): 12:06am On Apr 25, 2012
the one at the bottom returns the same results we complained about but the one at the top helps.thanks
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by DisGuy: 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
Afam4eva: I hate the new search engine [size=14pt]with a passion[/size]. It doesn't even order the search in ascending order. Seun, please revert to the old one.

100likes

!

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by Seun(m): 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dis Guy: 100likes: the new search has no head or tail! it just search for the individual words
It's not a replacement for Google Search. It's a complement. It's designed for searching for posts sorted by date.
Re: The New Nairaland Search Engine Doesnt Help by Olaone1: 7:39am On Apr 11, 2013
Please do something about this. Both are not effective. The one you called "the old search engine" only highlights words intead of topics. The old one (old Nairaland) was really okay.

A search for "bus for sale" now displays street bus stops in property section.
Revert please!

(1) (Reply)

Landlords Now Face Six(6) Months Jail Term FOR EJECTING TENANTS / Rate His Looks From 1 To 10:) / Your Long Time Followed And Favourite Threads On NL.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.