Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,059 members, 7,814,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Can A General Legally Defy The Lawful Order Of His Commander In Chief? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A General Legally Defy The Lawful Order Of His Commander In Chief? (873 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Troops Kill Boko Haram Commander In Borno Forest / Photos: Lagosians Defy The Rain To Cast Their Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A General Legally Defy The Lawful Order Of His Commander In Chief? by bb6xt(m): 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
I recently read on this forum that some top generals of the Nigerian military wrote a letter to the chairman of INEC stating unequivocally that they WILL NOT provide security for the elections unless the elections are postponed. After reading that post some questions kept tugging at my heart which I have decided to share with you all in hopes that someone out there might enlighten me.

1. Does the generals concerned answer to Jega that they should write to him directly?
2. If indeed the Commander in Chief ordered his generals to provide security for the elections despite ongoing battle in the NE wouldn't it amount to mutiny if his generals refused a direct order from their C-in-C?
3. If 6 weeks is all the time we need to quell the menace of BH which has proved intractable for at least 6 years why have we let it fester for so long?
4. If we were attacked by a foreign army in our western border with Benin republic would the armed forces leave that theater without any defense because they are too busy in the NE?

No army goes to war fully prepared. No army ever possesses all the logistics it requires to conduct a war. This is the very reason that gave rise to the field of Operations Research/Systems Science.

Jonathan is afraid of what the polls hold for him and wants the elections postponed possibly indefinitely. It is ok to be afraid but what I can't stomach is the cowardly manner he has used to achieve this while giving the impression that insubordination and disregard of the strict discipline and flow of command that is the hallmark of any professional armed forces is forgivable.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Jega Has Been Sacked / see as Olusegun Obasanjo Ends His Relations With PDP his speech / France, Cameroun Lock Horns Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.