Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? (866 Views)

INEC Prepared For Edo Governorship Election Despite Security Reports / Young Nlader Contesting In L.G.A Election At Benue State / What To Do On The Day Of Election At The Polling Unit In Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by atlwireles: 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
(i) Over 45million PVCs collected
(ii) Non-guarantee of security
(iii) Training manual not ready
(iv) Presiding Officers yet to be trained
(v) 700,000 ad hoc staff not recruited yet
(vi) PVCs still being printed abroad
(vii) RECs yet to print Voter Register
(viii) Printers for Register still in Abuja
(ix) No full complement of ballot boxes
(x) Fake printing ink sent to states from headquarters rejected
(xi) Many states yet to get balance of Card Readers

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/inec-postpones-elections/
Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by Dahveydson(m): 3:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
INEC isn't prepared.
PDP isn't prepared.

The real reason for the postponement.
Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by SeverusSnape(m): 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
They were not!
Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by sweetgala(m): 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
atlwireles:
(i) Over 45million PVCs collected
(ii) Non-guarantee of security
(iii) Training manual not ready
(iv) Presiding Officers yet to be trained
(v) 700,000 ad hoc staff not recruited yet
(vi) PVCs still being printed abroad
(vii) RECs yet to print Voter Register
(viii) Printers for Register still in Abuja
(ix) No full complement of ballot boxes
(x) Fake printing ink sent to states from headquarters rejected
(xi) Many states yet to get balance of Card Readers

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/inec-postpones-elections/

They were never prepared, Feb 14th was just too early to start with , but to change the date at the last minute is much worse.
The international community would now doubt our resolve at ensuring a successful democratic process.

I think APC have the most to gain from this, If the security chiefs come through with their promise FG would have done their job not gone above and beyond. APC have more time and I think they need to reconsider that debate.

PDP and GEJ have lost public trust , given it was reported GEJ was trying delaye and most people thought he can't be that stupid and he went ahead and shot himself in the foot.

APC can campaign more while GEJ would spend six weeks doing less campaigning and more trying to complete/commission long overdue projects to satisfy Nigerians but most smart people already see that game-plan and can't be fooled by it.
Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by Zellie: 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2015
Dahveydson:
INEC isn't prepared.
PDP isn't prepared

The real reason for the postponement.
Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by EdCure: 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
Would the elections have been postponed if the odds favoured GEJ/PDP?

2 Likes

Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by tit(f): 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
EdCure:
Would the elections have been postponed if the odds favoured GEJ/PDP?

Jonathan would have won by a landslide on the 14th.
Jega only coluded with his fulani brother buhari to delay the inevitable.
We are waiting for them in March and shall make it Mortuhari!
Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by atlwireles: 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
sweetgala:

They were never prepared, Feb 14th was just too early to start with , but to change the date at the last minute is much worse.
The international community would now doubt our resolve at ensuring a successful democratic process.

I think APC have the most to gain from this, If the security chiefs come through with their promise FG would have done their job not gone above and beyond. APC have more time and I think they need to reconsider that debate.

PDP and GEJ have lost public trust , given it was reported GEJ was trying delaye and most people thought he can't be that stupid and he went ahead and shot himself in the foot.

APC can campaign more while GEJ would spend six weeks doing less campaigning and more trying to complete/commission long overdue projects to satisfy Nigerians but most smart people already see that game-plan and can't be fooled by it.

Whatever the international community thinks is inconsequential here. If PDP has lost the public trust, vote against them on election day. I am sure the public is more interested in having a free and fair election, a six weeks extension will make no difference.
Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by stebell(m): 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
Amaechi where art thou?
I want yu to take to the streets like yu promised yu wud do.
Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by EdCure: 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
tit:
Jonathan would have won by a landslide on the 14th.
Jega only coluded with his fulani brother buhari to delay the inevitable.
We are waiting for them in March and shall make it Mortuhari!
You are willfully ignorant

3 Likes

Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by sweetgala(m): 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
atlwireles:

Whatever the international community thinks is inconsequential here. If PDP has lost the public trust, vote against them on election day. I am sure the public is more interested in having a free and fair election, a six weeks extension will make no difference.

It makes such a great deal, it van either galvanise individuals who had decided not to vote to do so , or it might cause individuals to become indifferent to the process and choose to stay away from a corrupted system.

The international opinion matters , world diplomacy and relationship with Nigeria would be different from now on, you can be sure Kerry or Obama , Cameron and co would have rang GEJ by now.
Re: Was INEC Prepared For This Election At All? by atlwireles: 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
sweetgala:

It makes such a great deal, it van either galvanise individuals who had decided not to vote to do so , or it might cause individuals to become indifferent to the process and choose to stay away from a corrupted system.

The international opinion matters , world diplomacy and relationship with Nigeria would be different from now on, you can be sure Kerry or Obama , Cameron and co would have rang GEJ by now.

Like I said, people are free to galvanise and vote PDP out or stay home. The international community reaction is laughable. What was Kerry and Cameron relationships with Nigeria before the postponement? Leave that side alone. What I find funny are people crying and barking in the APC, a party led by Buhari. The man who sent a democratic elected government parking. Just the postponement of an election is bring all these tears. Imagine generals kicking out a civilian government in the name, of knowing what was better for Nigeria.

Make una fear God.

(1) (Reply)

UNIZIK Okofia Students Jump Through Window To Get Space In Class / Venezuelan President: U.s.-backed Coup Plot Foiled / The Buhari Of My Personal Experience - Ignatius C. Olisemeka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.