Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Oritsejafor Warns Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oritsejafor Warns Politicians (810 Views)

Stop Talking About 2019 - Saraki Warns Politicians / No More Intimidation - Buhari Warns Politicians / Era Of Writing Election Results In Hotels Over, INEC Warns Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oritsejafor Warns Politicians by Sanchez01: 1:04am On Feb 09, 2015
The President, Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, on Friday in Abuja expressed concern over what he described as political intolerance ahead of the forthcoming general elections.

He said politics should not be a do-or-die affair.

The association therefore advised politicians to shun any act capable of causing violence in the country.

The President of CAN and Founder of World of Life Bible Church, Oritsejafor, threw the challenge during a retreat organised by the National Christian Elders Forum, held at Divine Love Retreat and Conference Centre, Lugbe.

He said if truly the intention of politician was to serve the people, they would always eschew activities capable of causing harm to others.

While urging them to play by the rules, the CAN President stressed that while election would come and go, Nigeria would continue to exist.

He said, “I am puzzled about the conducts of some politicians in the country, especially their political intolerance. Is politics not supposed to be service to the people? If you get into any political position, you should be there to serve the people.

“Therefore, if the essence is for you to serve, who are you going to serve when the people you want to serve die in the process of election? I want to use this opportunity to appeal to our politicians again that it is not a do or die affair.

“Let us remember that election will come and go and Nigeria will remain. So, let us play the game according the rules. I appeal to your conscience and to your heart. I watch television; I see how a lot of people are being maimed and killed. Let us do what is right so that Nigeria will remain Nigeria.”

Reacting to the alleged political intolerance in the North, the CAN President maintained that it was wrong for anyone to prevent others from identifying with any candidate of their choice.

Also speaking, the Chairman of NCEF, Mr. Solomon Asemota (SAN), stressed that the meeting was called to enable Christian elders to brainstorm on the various challenges confronting the nation with a view to coming up with far reaching recommendations.

According to him, a communiqué arising from the meeting will be sent to the Federal Government.

A Christian Youth President, Daniel Kadzai, urged the youths across the country to be steadfast in choosing leaders that would protect not only their interest but also the entire nation.
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/oritsejafor-warns-politicians/
Re: Oritsejafor Warns Politicians by Sanchez01: 1:11am On Feb 09, 2015
“I am puzzled about the conducts of some politicians in the country, especially their political intolerance. Is politics not supposed to be service to the people? If you get into any political position, you should be there to serve the people.

“Therefore, if the essence is for you to serve, who are you going to serve when the people you want to serve die in the process of election? I want to use this opportunity to appeal to our politicians again that it is not a do or die affair.

“Let us remember that election will come and go and Nigeria will remain. So, let us play the game according the rules. I appeal to your conscience and to your heart. I watch television; I see how a lot of people are being maimed and killed. Let us do what is right so that Nigeria will remain Nigeria.”

Ayo Blingz, talk to your cash cow and his bouncers (Fayose, Tompolo and Dokubo) in the SS to allow for a free and fair elections. I'd also recommend you call the likes of Okupe and Omokri to order. What am I even saying sef? I've forgotten this man's altar is at Aso Rock.

BTW, I thought he'd come out to assert that the anger of God will be unleashed on pastors who, perhaps, have compromised their faith, just like Pastor E.A Adeboye did?

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Warns Politicians by gragraboy: 1:30am On Feb 09, 2015
Make this man go sit down! shey him don collect him own finish! After selling your birth right you want to form elder now.

3 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Warns Politicians by kestolove95(m): 1:46am On Feb 09, 2015
mtseew..i. think sae na betr pesin won talk..next thread joor

3 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Warns Politicians by Change2015(m): 2:40am On Feb 09, 2015
kestolove95:
mtseew..i. think sae na betr pesin won talk..next thread joor

I feel you.

#change
#GMB
#APC

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Warns Politicians by Nobody: 2:43am On Feb 09, 2015
God bless President GEJ. Politics should not be a do or die game. That we don't support one candidate should not make us enemy.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Warns Politicians by DAMAYYOR(m): 3:02am On Feb 09, 2015
What's the gangster saying

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Warns Politicians by Sanchez01: 6:17am On Feb 09, 2015
myhoodlink:
God bless President GEJ. Politics should not be a do or die game. That we don't support one candidate should not make us enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYhohX9msbM
Yes, it would be nice if you could GEJ that and also remember to tell Doyin Okupe who almost had a nervous breakdown while shouting at the top of his voice saying that "he (GMB) will never become the president, NEVER!". For all I know the PDP camp has been the terror squad since the start of the campaign. It'll all be clear soonest. Watch that video and ask yourself if GEJ is a clown or just clueless.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Warns Politicians by joseph1832(m): 6:22am On Feb 09, 2015
Machine Gun Oritsejafor. If politics is not a do or die affair I believe buying arms and ammunition from South Africa is?!.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Daddy G.o 's Prayer Points For Gej At The Camp / President Shagari Welcomed By Queen Elizabeth II To UK On 17 March 1981(video) / Buhari Swear With "Holy Quran"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.