Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This (3165 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Audi A4 Engine Oil Shortage / Honda Accord 2007 (Manual Transmission Drive) Engine Oil Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by nurey(m): 9:13am On Feb 09, 2015
I normally park on a sloppy ground so this morning i noticed the engine oil is kinda short shocked which isnt normal cause i get over filled dip stick normally because of the slope so once i start the engine, it goes off immediately, it will only stay on if i increase the rpm by slightly depressing the pedal. so i decided to try it on a levelled ground by also depressing the accelerator slightly till the temp moved from rest slightly, i let go of the pedal and it started idle coughing like it will go off but it didnt. it took a while longer to get to optimum temp but after then it didnt give me trouble even with ac on it idled normally no coughing no unwarranted noise and no check engine light.

- now i noticed that when it was on a slope and the engine goes off the engine oil light comes on which doesnt do that b4 only CEL, Battery and airbag is suppose to be on when the car just switch off irregularly.

- oil is sipping minimally from seal between the top and middle and this occurs only when car is very hot (ie when used for a long time)

- there is no check engine light on, no error codes and car idles at 698rpm even when ac is on it wont move an inch i dont have a tachometer but i used obd bluetooth and torque pro using live scan and all seems to be ok.

i am afraid of allowing the mecho to open the engine and reseal due to bad jobs by our mechanics since the car isnt giving me any problem now, i dont want to start opening engine for now
car is 2000 toyota sienna 3.0L V6 193hp grin

1 Like

Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by DrBlack(m): 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
congratulations oooo. you have engine oil shortage and you are still driving the car . I'm congratulating you on the new engine you will buy.

2 Likes

Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
Nurey book an appointment I'm around.
Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by nurey(m): 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
DrBlack:
congratulations oooo. you have engine oil shortage and you are still driving the car . I'm congratulating you on the new engine you will buy.
I don't think it would get to that if its one thing I learned here is never to drive a with imminent problem I am already ontop the matter
Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Nurey book an appointment I'm around.

Thank you Mr Gazzuzz, how is family, hope u were able to resolve the other guys sienna issue.

I decided to do a service tomorrow with oil filter change also and will call a mecho to look into the seal leak if its not going to cost me much besides the last oil change was August last year using MRS full synthetic 5W40 and I have covered 77xxkms guess I will be doing oil change now at 8000km or something close. But if there is any advice concerning the seal leak you can give me I will be really glad and appreciate it.

The car functioned well on saturday, wasn't driven at all on sunday and decided to show me pepper this morning but in the evening with the engine cold and parked on leveled ground it didn't even sneeze purred and performed wonderfully infact I calculated my mpg today since more than a week I bought fuel and its 19.xx and my combined is 19mpg
Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
There are a lot of seals, which ones are u talking abt?
Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by nurey(m): 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
There are a lot of seals, which ones are u talking abt?

Sorry its kinda late now to take pix but I don't know whether is seal or bind or nah gasket but let me describe, when the bonnet is opened, the upper part has the manufacturer insignia and engine type like 3000 CAM V6 DOHC on a plastic which is bolted to the engine now the upper part which the plastic insignia is bolted to is also bolted to the engine middle which holds the pistons I guess there is a blue like colour plastic like gum or glue that is smeared before the top most part is now placed and bolted together.
Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:46am On Feb 10, 2015
Will wait for the pics.
Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by Coldplay007(f): 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nurrey! You want to spoil our car without letting me beat you!! grin
Why don't you just change the oil 1st now? Then you can see see if it reoccurs.. Better still buy engine oil and filter and carry everything to GAZZUZZ...
But you need to change that oil! Must you get to 8000 by force nii?
Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
My car Toyota Avalaon shows Engine Oil light on the dash board. I have just changed the Oil, yet the light still comes up. Please what could be responsible for this?
Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by nurey(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
Coldplay007:
Nurrey! You want to spoil our car without letting me beat you!! grin
Why don't you just change the oil 1st now? Then you can see see if it reoccurs.. Better still buy engine oil and filter and carry everything to GAZZUZZ...
But you need to change that oil! Must you get to 8000 by force nii?
Beat me for where, me I no be gentleman and you know that. I use MRS 5W40 full synthetic reason for doing so much Km

@Mr gazzuzz thank you always for your timely response I wish I could bring the car over but I thought it best to just fix at my place since I get home a bit late the mecho took the top off cleaned the edges with petrol and bought a glue (silicon) placed round edges and bolted everything back, well there was no trace of sludge and I just changed filter and engine oil 4.5L kept the remaining 0.5L for guaging afterwards. No CEL on yet and no irregular sound but still watching out for the seal job. Thank you
Re: Would Engine Oil Shortage Cause This by nurey(m): 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
topefisayo:
My car Toyota Avalaon shows Engine Oil light on the dash board. I have just changed the Oil, yet the light still comes up. Please what could be responsible for this?
Let's know the model year of the avalon and possibly a pix of the light u talking about. But your car may need clearing of the code first just my guess.

(1) (Reply)

Direction On Where To Get Single Cell Radiator---toyota Camry 2003 / Requirements For Importing Armoured/bullet-proof Cars. / 10 Biggest Fuel Guzzlers On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.