Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning (978 Views)

I May Not Complete My Tenure As President – Buhari / Oshiomhole Holds Thanksgiving Mass To Mark End Of His Tenure In Office(photos) / Jonathan Will Handover On 29 May – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning by Sunky200: 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
SOUTH MILWAUKEE WI. (GVE)- Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan has yet again, assured Nigerians that he will not exceed the 29 May handover date in office, stating emphatically that, “May 29 is sacrosanct”.

In a statement issued by Reuben Abati, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, the president noted that he will stay true to his words despite the adjustment by the Independent National
Electoral Commission, INEC in the general elections.

“Following the adjustment of the dates for the 2015 general elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from February 14 and 28 to March 28 and April 11, President Goodluck
Jonathan has reassured the nation of his commitment to the sanctity of May 29, 2015 as the terminal date of his first term in office.

“He strongly reaffirms that May 29 is, has been, and will remain sacrosanct. The President appeals to all stakeholders to accept the adjustment of the election dates by INEC in good faith, as the electoral body has a responsibility to conduct credible
elections in which every Nigerian of voting age is afforded the opportunity to exercise their civic right without any form of hindrance.

“President Jonathan believes that this is not a time to trade blames or make statements that may overheat the polity, but a time to show understanding and support the electoral commission to conduct the
elections successfully.

“It is the President’s understanding that INEC’s decision ought not to generate acrimony since it acted within its powers under the law and in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.

“He calls on the international community, civil society and the electorate to continue to support the administration’s commitment to a free, fair, credible, and non-violent electoral process,” the statement made available to Global Village Extra read.
Re: My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning by aluko1980(m): 7:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
God bless Goodluck
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning by living2013(m): 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
All we need is a peaceful handover, Mr president as you will have our support as usual

Lets say no to violence and yes to peace
Re: My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning by jars9: 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2015
AND SUPER CLUELESS ,BOKO HARI PROMISED NOT TO CONTEST AGAIN

1 Like

Re: My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning by najoke: 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2015
jars9:
AND SUPER CLUELESS ,BOKO HARI PROMISED NOT TO CONTEST AGAIN
AND MEGA CLUELESS,STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION JONNADAFT PROMISED NOT TO STAY FOR MORE THAN 1 TERM IN OFFICE.......what is good for the goose is good for the gander..........................END
Re: My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning by gebest: 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
yesooo dat is the day u are marching to otuoke direct, gmb marching to aso rock direct.

1 Like

Re: My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning by Sunky200: 9:56pm On Feb 10, 2015
"No one is in doubt that his tenure will end.
But a new tenure should not begin with him as head of an interim government.
No one can trust this pitiable conman, who even broke his words to the American Secretary of State only two weeks ago.
A man that makes you ashamed to be a Nigerian".
Frisk Larr

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Appoints SA On Social Media / Defected PDP Govs Have No Cause Remaining In Office —sule Lamido . / Buhari's Certificate Saga: CJN Probes Magistrate Frustrating The Hearing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.