Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Jega Denies Going On Terminal Leave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Denies Going On Terminal Leave (330 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Denies Going On Exile / Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators / I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jega Denies Going On Terminal Leave by oludashmi(f): 1:11am On Feb 11, 2015
Contrary to reports that the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru, would be going on leave, he has denied that such is not happening.

Chief Press Secretary to Jega, Mr. Kayode Idowu, said his boss is not embarking on any terminal leave but busy preparing for the elections. He said the postponement of the election was enable the commission better prepare for the election.

In another interview, the minority leader of the House of Representatives, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, said Jega could not be asked to go on a terminal leave because he was not a civil servant.

He said, “I do not consider the Chairman of INEC as a civil servant subject to civil service rules the same way I, as a member of the House of Representatives, is not a civil servant. There is a difference between a civil servant and a public servant or officer. Jega falls under the latter.”

More details here http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/category/news/

(1) (Reply)

Call To Yobe State Governor / Nigeria, Is Not A Cemetery. -politicians Beware. / Transformation Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.