Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

SEAFARERS Messroom - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / SEAFARERS Messroom (15239 Views)

Female Seafarers’ Shocking Revelation: To Our Bosses We Are Just Sex Tools (pic / 12 Common Myths About Seafarers People Have / Seafarers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by marvin906(m): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2018
fashrola:

Yeah

@gmail.com
thank you
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by fashrola(m): 11:37am On Apr 17, 2018
marvin906:

@gmail.com
thank you

Mail sent... Delete it
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by marvin906(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2018
fashrola:

Mail sent... Delete it

gud afternoon bro
havent seen your mail
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by ccollins(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2018
fashrola:

Mail sent... Delete it
hello, seems you have the seacraft expertise.am a lawyer but have the interest to work in the seas. do you know how i can start, how much is school fees for Joe marine maritime school and what diploma path is best for me since i did arts in school? whats coc to be acquired from NIMASA and do i need it after my diploma?
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by Lazesk(m): 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
fashrola:

The Average life span of a ship engine depends on the maintenance culture of the engine crew and company's zeal to supply spares for maintenance, though every five years continuous survey is carried out where the ship's engine must be totally overhauled (change of piston, cylinder head and liner, oil and water pumps, new valves, sometimes new crankshaft according to crank shaft deflection reading) and also the hull of the ship is sand blasted and lot of stuffs onboard are changed, then a surveyor from classification society like Lloyd's register, ABS, Bureau Veristas inspects and certifies that the ship is sea worthy.

So most ships engine life span can stay for more than 30 years (Because I have seen product tankers that are still plying Nigerian Waters that was built in 1978)

Good day sir!. I will really like to have a personal conversation with you concerning the maritime sectors, am a 300l student studying maritime management in one of the Federal universities in Nigeria and will really like to work offshore... Kindly help with your E-mail or personal contact so I can reach you.... I am really looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by BroOptimist(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2020
fashrola:

We know u ain't dumb.... but getting COC without onboard experience is worrisome though.... cos when you finally land that dream job, you must carry out your job perfectly, because it's assumed you know the job before the OOW licence was issued out to you by NIMASA, you won't expect your chief officer or second engineer to keep watch together with you because of your incompetency

I'm almost rounding up my sea phase training dis year... to join next year COC class... it's not really easy out especially as an engine cadet working aboard a 5440KW powered AHTS vessel

I think NIMASA is really trying to cut down some Fake people coming with fake stamps on their discharge booklets by first putting a call to the company to verify if you really worked onboard their ship before interviewing you for your eligibility letter.

God bless you for this response. Bro, I just sent you an email now, please, help me to respond to it. Thanks
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by zyber(m): 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2021
Is this thread still functional?
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by Bamsherif(m): 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Why is this thread not active
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by phazotron(m): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2021
Bamsherif:
Why is this thread not active

Wondering the same
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by Tbozun: 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
Coming soon.......
Watch out for my diary of day to day life on board and follow me as I begin a career as a seafarer. It is titled;
CHRONICLES OF MY LIFE AT SEA: An account of my experience at sea
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by STANALVAREX(m): 6:08am On Dec 23, 2023
Can't wait for it......Would also like to have a phone call conversation with you. Pls share me ur details or mail pls!!!
Tbozun:
Coming soon.......
Watch out for my diary of day to day life on board and follow me as I begin a career as a seafarer. It is titled;
CHRONICLES OF MY LIFE AT SEA: An account of my experience at sea
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by STANALVAREX(m): 6:09am On Dec 23, 2023
Mariners pls,,, how long does it take Seaman book in Nigeria to be out?
Re: SEAFARERS Messroom by Greatsam2024: 1:42pm On Jan 09
Mariners please How's life as Engine cadet on board a tanker vessel and how much are they paid in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advise Me On Which Certification To Get / My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" / Dana Pharmaceutical Workers In Minna Protest Over Poor Working Conditions (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.